• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think Poch will have a look at what he would get, and maybe use it to leverage his position here. The new stadium and being settled are big enough pulls. Hopefully. Our squad, players, identity is build around his philosophy. Which is something he wouldn't have at united.

I wouldn't mind that at all, to be honest, and I don't disagree. I'm just pointing out that it likely isn't as far-fetched as we're making it out to be. He might well be interested in United. He might also just be more interested in Spurs.

We’ll have him at Spurs for the remainder of the season, IMO. Not too certain what happens then, but It's not out of the question he'll stay on at Spurs. We do have a very talented squad of young players, and I have a feeling his work here ideally isn't done quite yet. He seems loyal too, but the pull of Manure shouldn't be underestimated, despite the mess they're in.

My biggest worry though, is six months of media blabber, speculation and disruption.

I’d rather he go straight away than have a long goodbye, that would be chaos and may even influence player renewals.

Obviously the best option is he wants to stay and tells Levy and the players that.

Taking nothing away from Poch, our trajectory under Levy shows we are the work of more than one.
Yes but the other main parts are the players and most of the important ones have a close bond to Poch. If he went to Man U they would easily have the muscle to attract our key players financially and with poch there would make it ridiculously hard to keep the core together. Could set us back a fair bit no matter how positive a picture some would continue to paint on here....

Pochettino now 6/4 favs at William Hill.

If he goes and Kane follows him I will throw a fit.

But as has been suggested, I hope we learn from the Redknapp/England fiasco. If he wants the gig, it gets sorted now, if he is staying come out and make a statement, sooner than later, we cant afford another season destabilised like that one was with the England job

Pochettino now 6/4 favs at William Hill.

If he goes and Kane follows him I will throw a fit.

But as has been suggested, I hope we learn from the Redknapp/England fiasco. If he wants the gig, it gets sorted now, if he is staying come out and make a statement, sooner than later, we cant afford another season destabilised like that one was with the England job
You can get 20/1 at 888 mate.

They're all cnuts. Just seen what fletcher and Ince are waffling. Media are loving this bollox.

Levy needs to act quick and make a statement to the press. It's wrong what United and the media are doing.

Absolutely, but if he leaves there are a lot of good things left.

At some point he is going to be replaced, and its not guaranteed that it will be a downgrade.
There aren’t many coaches as good or better than him. And of those that are who could we attract? Hardly any if any at all. Meaning it will most likely be at least a slight downgrade and will probably be another punt, many of which previously haven’t worked before we got to Poch....

They're all cnuts. Just seen what fletcher and Ince are waffling. Media are loving this bollox.

Levy needs to act quick and make a statement to the press. It's wrong what United and the media are doing.

Quite.

We do have the power to end it here

Levy comes out and says he isn’t going anywhere and he won’t be breaking his contract.

There aren’t many coaches as good or better than him. And of those that are who could we attract? Hardly any if any at all. Meaning it will most likely be at least a slight downgrade and will probably be another punt, many of which previously haven’t worked before we got to Poch....

Was Poch any less of a punt?

United didn’t want him when they went for van Gaal.

He has as much to thank Levy for as the other way around imo.

Back