• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Their league form since Ferguson has left, I would imagine, is very similar to the same period before he joined

I was wrong, this has been a much more volatile period

81/82 - 3rd
82/83 - 3rd
83/84 - 4th
84/85 - 4th
85/86 - 4th

13/14 - 7th
14/15 - 4th
15/16 - 5th
16/17 - 6th
17/18 - 2nd

Dear Mr Levy...

Go all out and get poch Isco this January...he wants to leave Madrid and is the marquee midfield player we need to tip the balance.

Please let's do all we can to show poch his future is here so he can continue fine work and lead us into the new stadium.

I may have doubts but even I realise that losing mopo could undo so much good work.

I would imagine they would have a conversation that went along the lines of the above.

There is no harm in mopo pushing for something to stay.

The Times reporting that he’s interested. Bollox.

He probably is. He'd be a fool if he wasn't, to be honest.

• Relatively young squad which is very talented, despite its flaws.

• Hundreds of millions of pounds to spend on a squad overhaul if required - no 'record-breaking' transfer windows with zero transfers or ambition whatsoever.

• Low expectations given the spiralling descent into a mountainside that his predecessor experienced - he can build from the basics, and the fans will give him time.

• Club tradition of bringing youngsters through - he can safely play youth tamers if required, and won't get as much stick for it as he would at, say, Chelsea.

• Still no Director of Football present - chance to stake a claim for full control of footballing matters, much like he enjoys here.

• Ferguson will likely pull for him with the hierarchy, given that he's apparently been mentoring Poch for a while.

• Will probably become the highest-paid manager in the league if he goes

• Chance for him to win trophies quickly, shutting up his detractors once and for all.

United are definitely a very attractive proposition at present, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested.

However, do I think he would move? Not mid-season, no. So I'm not unduly worried.

If he moves, he moves. Can’t do anything about it. So in a way I’d be gutted if he leaves but I can’t be worried about it as I have no control over his decision or the surrounding events.

Levy took time to make the right appointment but with the work completed on the stadium, and the training facilities, and the continuing development of the club, as long as Levy doesn’t intend to bring the likes of Sherwood back, we should be in safe hands going forward and will have to trust in him making the right appointment if required.

Our squad, and set up, is amongst the best in England and comparable with most of the top clubs across Europe. I’d imagine that we could attract a good manager should we need to.

In the meantime, Pochettino is here..long may he stay..let’s get behind him, cheer his name to the rafters and appreciate what a great position he has led us to. Hope for more years to come and if not, it’s not the end, it will be another chapter of the continuing story of Tottenham Hotspur. We will always be Tottenham Hotspur, whoever is in charge, and let’s march on forward together.

Don’t be daft GGG
Pay no attention to @Gazza, he like us all can be daft buggers at times!
Don’t let any on here get you down.
We love you all really.
Has @GGG had his head turned by a Man U forum where he can get paid more to post?? Don’t do it GGG, we are on the cusp of something brilliant at this forum and the new one won’t appreciate all the hard work you’ve put in here where after your initial grace period you have to start carving out your reputation from scratch!

We’ll have him at Spurs for the remainder of the season, IMO. Not too certain what happens then, but It's not out of the question he'll stay on at Spurs. We do have a very talented squad of young players, and I have a feeling his work here ideally isn't done quite yet. He seems loyal too, but the pull of Manure shouldn't be underestimated, despite the mess they're in.

My biggest worry though, is six months of media blabber, speculation and disruption.

• Hundreds of millions of pounds to spend on a squad overhaul if required - no 'record-breaking' transfer windows with zero transfers or ambition whatsoever.

• Low expectations given the spiralling descent into a mountainside that his predecessor experienced - he can build from the basics, and the fans will give him time.

• Club tradition of bringing youngsters through - he can safely play youth tamers if required, and won't get as much stick for it as he would at, say, Chelsea.

• Still no Director of Football present - chance to stake a claim for full control of footballing matters, much like he enjoys here.

• Ferguson will likely pull for him with the hierarchy, given that he's apparently been mentoring Poch for a while.

• Chance for him to win trophies quickly, shutting up his detractors once and for all.

United are definitely a very attractive proposition at present, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested.

However, do I think he would move? Not mid-season, no. So I'm not unduly worried.

I think he'd be crazy to. Yes they are underperforming and he could take that set of players and deliver quite quickly. He'd also be paid handsomely. BUT. But but. He has a lot going on here, his family are settled. Have to move schools, and then there are no guarantees you'd be loved like he is here. He also loves his squad here. There is a strong togetherness, which he wouldn't get there. It may not work out, and you'd walk away from something good here. Not to mention the new stadium and launching a new dawn with it and him.

Low expectations and bringing through youth... two things i disagree with
Their expectations are why they have this issue otherwise they would tolerate failure
and their youth team hasn’t been good for w long time, hence why they poached McKenna from us who then has ended up with the first team

Man united will probably give the job to some old player who left them way back in the day!
Caretaker looks like Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
They can’t help themselves!

I think he'd be crazy to. Yes they are underperforming and he could take that set of players and deliver quite quickly. He'd also be paid handsomely. BUT. But but. He has a lot going on here, his family are settled. Have to move schools, and then there are no guarantees you'd be loved like he is here. He also loves his squad here. There is a strong togetherness, which he wouldn't get there. It may not work out, and you'd walk away from something good here. Not to mention the new stadium and launching a new dawn with it and him.

His family are settled, but then, I don't if his kids would be that much of a factor. I can't imagine Maurizio would care much, he's 18 and in our youth team. His elder son is already in his twenties (I think) and is a data analyst at the club. You would imagine they would both move on and move up in the event of him going to United.

His wife might care, but the salary might convince her.

Other than that, togetherness can be built again, and the new stadium is more of a millstone around his neck than anything else, because it means Levy will continue giving him absolutely f*ck all to spend. Given what he's achieved while being backed to the tune of 0.00 pounds, it might well irk him to see managers who have spent far more than he does get more by way of recognition.

It's nice to imagine that he's rooted here, and he may well stay - definitely possible. But I think United would probably tempt him, and it wouldn't be wise on our part to assume otherwise.

Low expectations and bringing through youth... two things i disagree with
Their expectations are why they have this issue otherwise they would tolerate failure
and their youth team hasn’t been good for w long time, hence why they poached McKenna from us who then has ended up with the first team

Their expectations are that United compete. Jose, with his hundreds of millions spent, couldn't even manage that.

It's not a high bar to meet - they're not demanding the title every season, and no doubt they will temper their expectations even more if Poch arrives, given that he'd have to undo the work Mou did in the first place.

As for their youth team, you've sort of summed it up - they can just improve their youth team by poaching the best youngsters from across the country. Hard to see that as a negative.

His family are settled, but then, I don't if his kids would be that much of a factor. I can't imagine Maurizio would care much, he's 18 and in our youth team. His elder son is already in his twenties (I think) and is a data analyst at the club. You would imagine they would both move on and move up in the event of him going to United.

His wife might care, but the salary might convince her.

Other than that, togetherness can be built again, and the new stadium is more of a millstone around his neck than anything else, because it means Levy will continue giving him absolutely f*ck all to spend. Given what he's achieved while being backed to the tune of 0.00 pounds, it might well irk him to see managers who have spent far more than he does get more by way of recognition.

It's nice to imagine that he's rooted here, and he may well stay - definitely possible. But I think United would probably tempt him, and it wouldn't be wise on our part to assume otherwise.

I think Poch will have a look at what he would get, and maybe use it to leverage his position here. The new stadium and being settled are big enough pulls. Hopefully. Our squad, players, identity is built around his philosophy. Which is something he wouldn't have at united.

Back