• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I'm sure Poch has aspirations to manage the best club in the world and win stuff. Chances are that won't be us.

However, he is a young manager. His strengths are bringing young players through (note recent England débutantes) and building for the future. Real will never offer that and he has ruled out Barcelona. The classic United the media love would be perfect, but their reputation is built on not sacking two of the legendary managers. As we have seen (and could have guessed from the 80/90s) they are not adverse to sacking managers. The current owners are even less trustworthy. Why would one of the hottest managers in world football make that choice?

Sure, at one point he will opt for money and trophies, but there is not a reason for doing so now or until the perfect job appears. There is a chance (albeit small) he could get that with us. He has time and can choose his moment.

I'm sure Poch has aspirations to manage the best club in the world and win stuff. Chances are that won't be us.

However, he is a young manager. His strengths are bringing young players through (note recent England débutantes) and building for the future. Real will never offer that and he has ruled out Barcelona. The classic United the media love would be perfect, but their reputation is built on not sacking two of the legendary managers. As we have seen (and could have guessed from the 80/90s) they are not adverse to sacking managers. The current owners are even less trustworthy. Why would one of the hottest managers in world football make that choice?

Sure, at one point he will opt for money and trophies, but there is not a reason for doing so now or until the perfect job appears. There is a chance (albeit small) he could get that with us. He has time and can choose his moment.

Whose to say we won’t be the best club in the world though?

Right now I think Dortmund are the best club in Europe football wise... they also tick every box off the pitch

And why isn’t Simeone being linked as he has done similar things at Atletico to Poch here but won things

Whose to say we won’t be the best club in the world though?

Right now I think Dortmund are the best club in Europe football wise... they also tick every box off the pitch

And why isn’t Simeone being linked as he has done similar things at Atletico to Poch here but won things

He doesn’t speak a word of English

I don’t think mopo will go, but the delusion about how big of a club United are from some (mainly twitter) is unreal

They are a bigger club than Spurs in every way Possible currently.

I knew you would say that....
I’m not convinced by the lad!

Done more than poch did with a smaller club in and equivalent league... but he has had money to spend

I wasn’t convinced by Poch,both when they got rid of Atkins for him at SCBC and also with us so what do I know

He doesn’t speak a word of English

I don’t think mopo will go, but the delusion about how big of a club United are from some (mainly twitter) is unreal

They are a bigger club than Spurs in every way Possible currently.

Their the biggest club in the country. Don’t think anyone can argue with that but their not the best and their a long way off that ....

And in my lifetimes hey have been the biggest club for about 25 years so it can change quicker than people think

Their the biggest club in the country. Don’t think anyone can argue with that but their not the best and their a long way off that ....

And in my lifetimes hey have been the biggest club for about 25 years so it can change quicker than people think

That’s part of the draw, getting them back to the top.

Are they that far behind us with the right manager?

They have some seriously talented players that have been mismanaged.

That’s part of the draw, getting them back to the top.

Are they that far behind us with the right manager?

They have some seriously talented players that have been mismanaged.

I’m not convinced they have personally

I think they have some names and a lot of dross....

They remind me of Liverpool after their golden period

Last edited:
I’m not convinced they have personally

I think they have some names and a lot of dross....

They remind me of Liverpool afterbtjwir golden period

De Gea, Shaw, Mata, Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Rashford. All really good players especially with the right manager. I reckon Bailly could be a player too.

They are certainly no worse than us when Poch walked through the door and have more resources.

De Gea, Shaw, Mata, Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Rashford. All really good players especially with the right manager. I reckon Bailly could be a player too.

They are certainly no worse than us when Poch walked through the door and have more resources.

So good they have Rashford twice

Mata is retiring soon isn’t he?

Shaw IMO is hugely over rated

Pogba can be great but can also be clueless

Lukaku is bang average and even playing well traps a ball like he is wearing clown shoes

Martial could be a player I agree

De Gea is normally the best shot stopper (rest of his game isn’t the best) around but struggling by his own standards this year

We had players like Alli and Kane who are still getting better despite being younger than their equivalents at United for emxaple

I think this is the best thing that could have happened for us. Poch now holds all the cards with Levy, either he backs him or he walks with half of the squad.

If he walks it'll be pretty clear what our intentions are as a club, no matter the rhetoric they release to fans.

At least we'll all know where we stand then.

So good they have Rashford twice

Mata is retiring soon isn’t he?

Shaw IMO is hugely over rated

Pogba can be great but can also be clueless

Lukaku is bang average and even playing well traps a ball like he is wearing clown shoes

Martial could be a player I agree

De Gea is normally the best shot stopper (rest of his game isn’t the best) around but struggling by his own standards this year

We had players like Alli and Kane who are still getting better despite being younger than their equivalents at United for emxaple

You’d be hard pressed to make an argument that they aren’t a better side than the one Poch inherited at Spurs.

Back