• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

You see Klopp carrying on like an absolute tit after PSG, it makes you so happy to have the best manager on the planet at the helm. Not only unbelievably talented, but supremely humble.

Hand on heart; wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Think Guardiola and Ancelotti may have something to say about that. Klopp also has won multiple league titles.

Agree with the rest re Poch’s humility.

Do you think Pep could have done what Poch has done on the same resources? I certainly don’t.

I like Ancelotti though.

We don’t know because Pep has only gone to clubs with huge resources but I certainly don’t think Pep would have done any worse than Poch has.

Don’t get me wrong, Poch is a wonderful manager and one of the best in the game but I think it’s a stretch to say he’s the best on the planet when he’s not won anything. We’ve done brilliantly to get to the position we are in but our performances in the big games for the most part still leaves a lot to be desired.

We don’t know because Pep has only gone to clubs with huge resources but I certainly don’t think Pep would have done any worse than Poch has.

Don’t get me wrong, Poch is a wonderful manager and one of the best in the game but I think it’s a stretch to say he’s the best on the planet when he’s not won anything. We’ve done brilliantly to get to the position we are in but our performances in the big games for the most part still leaves a lot to be desired.
Pep wouldn’t have lasted a year at Spurs not being able to spend 100’s of millions, he’d have walked. Look what happened in his first season at City taking over a way better squad than Poch had, he/they were pretty average and he demanded spending almost half a billion that next season.

Don’t get me wrong also, if you own a club that has infinite resources and is allowed to cheat FFP then Pep is head and shoulders the best manager in the world. Although, having said that, you could work your Pep argument the other way round for Poch, he’s never had infinite resources so how do we know he couldn’t be as good?

Pep wouldn’t have lasted a year at Spurs not being able to spend 100’s of millions, he’d have walked. Look what happened in his first season at City taking over a way better squad than Poch had, he/they were pretty average and he demanded spending almost half a billion that next season.

Don’t get me wrong also, if you own a club that has infinite resources and is allowed to cheat FFP then Pep is head and shoulders the best manager in the world. Although, having said that, you could work your Pep argument the other way round for Poch, he’s never had infinite resources so how do we know he couldn’t be as good?

All valid points. I just don’t know anyone can say Poch is the best manager on the planet when he’s yet to win a trophy. I get that Pep and most managers who have won trophies have done it with money but they have a history of not only getting to the later stages of tournaments but WINNING semi finals and finals. His record in Europe also isn’t great either. Look, he’s undoubtedly a brilliant manager and he’s in the discussion amongst the best in the world but it’s hard for me to say he’s better than managers who are serial winners.

Even Klopp has managed to win back to back titles and the German cup whilst going up against Bayern and their rich resources. Probably not a popular thing to praise someone connected to Liverpool but it’s true.

All valid points. I just don’t know anyone can say Poch is the best manager on the planet when he’s yet to win a trophy. I get that Pep and most managers who have won trophies have done it with money but they have a history of not only getting to the later stages of tournaments but WINNING semi finals and finals. His record in Europe also isn’t great either. Look, he’s undoubtedly a brilliant manager and he’s in the discussion amongst the best in the world but it’s hard for me to say he’s better than managers who are serial winners.

Even Klopp has managed to win back to back titles and the German cup whilst going up against Bayern and their rich resources. Probably not a popular thing to praise someone connected to Liverpool but it’s true.
Yea fair enough I wasn’t really arguing from the position of Poch is the greatest manager in the world, just more saying the Pep comparison isn’t necessarily a level playing field.

Fair point mate but coming second to Chelsea with 86 points ahead of Utd, Liverpool, City and Arsenal, for me, matches Klopps bundesliga title win where he only had Bayern as a major rival. Of course that doesn't suit the narrative of the "Poch has never won a trophy .." press.

Fair point mate but coming second to Chelsea with 86 points ahead of Utd, Liverpool, City and Arsenal, for me, matches Klopps bundesliga title win where he only had Bayern as a major rival. Of course that doesn't suit the narrative of the "Poch has never won a trophy .." press.

I think to judge any manager you have to judge progress

The currently manager at Bayern is failing as the team have got worse ...

Poch is succeeding as we have got much better

I’d argue that Klopp is succeeding as Liverpool are better than they were when he joined

Mou is actually on par with what he inherited so he is failing

I know mate 86 points and a ridiculous goal difference of +65 is a brilliant achievement. I just think the team/manager as a whole do well when there is no pressure on us. Whenever we’ve pulled to win a few points of the leagues leaders or had the chance to go top with a win or we’ve crumbled. Not to mention our record in semi finals.

I think to judge any manager you have to judge progress

The currently manager at Bayern is failing as the team have got worse ...

Poch is succeeding as we have got much better

I’d argue that Klopp is succeeding as Liverpool are better than they were when he joined

Mou is actually on par with what he inherited so he is failing

Doesn’t Klopp have a lower PPG than Rodgers despite spending more money than everyone other than City?

Back