• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Vorm has thrown at least 1 into his net on pretty much all his most recent 4-5 appearances I remember. Liverpool have also exposed him on his lack of height and inability to come off his line. Yesterday's performance was pretty much career ending.

Or not unusual for a keeper who isn’t playing regularly

Can’t say I ever remember him throwing one in his net to be fair

To be honest, he could have done better for both. However, he also pulled off some good saves. Had we gotten out of yesterday with anything, it would have been daylight robbery.

Blaming individuals for yesterday is wrong. As a team, we just weren’t as good as them. While Hugo would probably have saved both goals, Liverpool would still have beaten us yesterday. The game would have panned out differently but their dominance would have told.

Vorm is fine as a backup keeper.

Agree with most of this. Vorm is average and I wish we had better. Interesting to me that he stayed an extra year as you'd have thought Gazzaniga was ready for that next step...

Poch got the tactics wrong, and the selection, we’d have been up against it with two keepers, the dippers managed 10 shots on target, 10, it was a diabolical display from front to back.

We were also brick in the last half hour against Watford, and, other than for a few fleeting moments here and there, for the first three games of the season with Hugo in nets.

We have been a rabble so far this season, a lot of things need addressing before we worry about who sits on the bench with gloves on.

Poch got the tactics wrong, and the selection.

Yep, pushing our full backs high up the pitch, leaving the ageing Jan and Toby versus their front 3? Madness. Calamitous naivety.

Also, playing Dier on the right side of a diamond, what the actual <ferk>?

Poch got the tactics wrong, and the selection, we’d have been up against it with two keepers, the dippers managed 10 shots on target, 10, it was a diabolical display from front to back.

We were also brick in the last half hour against Watford, and, other than for a few fleeting moments here and there, for the first three games of the season with Hugo in nets.

We have been a rabble so far this season, a lot of things need addressing before we worry about who sits on the bench with gloves on.

He is having to work with a midfield that needed fresh injection of new energy etc in the summer. They have been running on empty since the Chelsea game in April, just that now we are getting away with it far less, plus the opposition have noticed our weakness in the middle and are smelling blood by attacking us through it directly and there is no-one there who is shielding the defence as would be normal for Poch.

We have been a 'rabble' since early April

Yep, pushing our full backs high up the pitch, leaving the ageing Jan and Toby versus their front 3? Madness. Calamitous naivety.

Also, playing Dier on the right side of a diamond, what the actual <ferk>?
This point was picked up by David Hytner in a piece on Kane in the Guardian. I'm sure the Dier-hating football experts on here won't use this fact to cut him some slack.

This point was picked up by David Hytner in a piece on Kane in the Guardian. I'm sure the Dier-hating football experts on here won't use this fact to cut him some slack.

He really is a bit of a hate figure

Strangely those that slated him yesterday were the one showing clamouring for him to come in after Watford

Deary me it's always a crisis and never just a defeat is it?

I would agree totally except that Saturdays performances was abject and expected in equal measure.

In both of the two games we knew exactly how the opposition would play and we looked largely incapable of stopping them.

Last edited:
What are mopos latest comments about lol

Mental

Experience is like a cow who sees a train every day for ten years, the train crossing in front, and if you ask the cow when the train is coming, she's not going to answer”.

I would agree totally except that Saturdays performances was abject and expected in equal measure.

In both of the two games we knew exactly how the opposition would play and we looked largely incapable of stopping them.
Yet it could easily have ended up 2-2, or even - if Moura's shot had only snuck the other side of the post - even 3-2.

Such is football.

I don’t think so.

I just think the squad needed help and they didn’t get it.

Imagine the buzz round the players if we signed one or two or genuine quality, plus knowin they would have to up it again.

No challenge to any of the starting 11, with the exception of 2/3

Also little chance of challenging for major honours.
We all thought we were ok even without the signings, Pochettino though was very critical after Man U, many thought was, well odd.
Well it’s just got and getting a little odder!

Also little chance of challenging for major honours.
We all thought we were ok even without the signings, Pochettino though was very critical after Man U, many thought was, well odd.
Well it’s just got and getting a little odder!

I didn’t think it was odd, we were brick against United too, we’ve not played well for about 6 months.

Yet it could easily have ended up 2-2, or even - if Moura's shot had only snuck the other side of the post - even 3-2.

Such is football.

I’ve watched football for over 55 years and have kidded myself for many of them when comes to Spurs!
Liverpool should have buried us by halftime, so yes it could have been any score if we want to play that game.

Back