• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I didn’t think it was odd, we were brick against United too, we’ve not played well for about 6 months.

Yep but you would have thought rather than compounding the current negative mood, no signings, stadium etc.
He would have lightened the mood after the win at OT. Yes we were not great in the first half but accentuate the positive and all that?
Now Poch looks very aggressive when asked about Toby and Trips!

Deary me it's always a crisis and never just a defeat is it?
Concerns have been raised well before this defeat, it’s a bit more than just a defeat for me. It was a great result against Man U but performance wise we weren’t that good at all, some good form from Moura has been papering a lot of cracks - when do you last think we played well?

Poch has become a lot more tetchy and irritable in recent pressies.

Almost Mourinho-like answers to the questions presented to him.

Wonder if its because of the recent results or if something is going on behind the scenes.

Wonder if its because of the recent results or if something is going on behind the scenes.
His aura has been looking more mauve than usual. Hopefully his chakras can be re-balanced and he'll be his healthy purple aura again soon.

Concerns have been raised well before this defeat, it’s a bit more than just a defeat for me. It was a great result against Man U but performance wise we weren’t that good at all, some good form from Moura has been papering a lot of cracks - when do you last think we played well?

United and Fulham were good for me, if not outstanding - we really could have hit United for a couple more with the chances we had, 3 goals at OT and should have had four or five and somehow it's a performance being talked down, that is frankly ludicrous afaic

last season probably April was the last run of good performances, though i enjoyed the Leicester performance/match

slow starts and limp finishes are nothing new for us - especially when you factor in the amount of players we had deep in the WC, we generally don't find our feet till late September performance wise, if not later.

people complain that we can't grind out results, but we done that in the first two/three games of this season and towards the end of last season so the narrative switches. that's not surprising really after the transfer window we had and the need be proven right

Last edited:
people complain that we can't grind out results, but we done that in the first two/three games of this season and towards the end of last season so the narrative switches. that's not surprising really after the transfer window we had and the need be proven right

tickle my balls with a feather.

United and Fulham were good for me, if not outstanding - we really could have hit United for a couple more with the chances we had, 3 goals at OT and should have had four or five and somehow it's a performance being talked down, that is frankly ludicrous afaic

last season probably April was the last run of good performances, though i enjoyed the Leicester performance/match

slow starts and limp finishes are nothing new for us - especially when you factor in the amount of players we had deep in the WC, we generally don't find our feet till late September performance wise, if not later.

Fair points, I don’t think we were particularly good against Utd and Poch was right in what he said after the game. Grinding out results when not playing well is important, but you usually back up those results you grind out with convincing performances - we have continued to be poor and not picked up any points in the process. It’s certainly not a crisis but is a concern, but for the odd few minutes here and there I don’t personally feel like I’ve seen the real Spurs for quite a while now...

I still find it strange that Pochettino laid into the team after a 3 zip win at Man U.
No we where not perfect but it’s still weird.

I still find it strange that Pochettino laid into the team after a 3 zip win at Man U.

I think @BrainOfLevy had this one down - we/he are in a place where we are demanding higher standards from the players - 3 seasons on the bounce in the top 4 and we can no longer view ourselves as plucky outsiders, or more so give off the impression that is how we see ourselves

Would you be all singing and dancing when you've:

a) not been able to bring ANY additional players for your already creaking/aging team
b) had signed a contract extension expecting backing in terms of transfers and all your rivals have (made attempts) to strengthen theirs?

Maybe Poch could see lax attitude coming and tried to avert it? Maybe the squad have been sulking since (Poch being a party-pooper whilst they were high-fiving and slapping each others backs?:p)

829006.jpg
There's enough of 'em in this thread already but I guess one more won't matter.....

829006.jpg

What are mopos latest comments about lol

Mental

Experience is like a cow who sees a train every day for ten years, the train crossing in front, and if you ask the cow when the train is coming, she's not going to answer”.

Think Cantona wrote that for him.

There is definately a stress/strain in the club at the moment and although maybe not one reason for it there seems to be several situations popping up all at the same time which is affecting the mood.

I hope we string two or three wins together as usually thats all it takes to kick on again

Back