• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Why though? Him signing the new contract is exactly that - a statement affirming his commitment to the club. It doesn't show much faith in him if he has to start issuing statements to appease fans only a matter of weeks later.
It won't be to appease the fans. It will be to silence the media and reassure the players/potential targets.

hypothetical:

Poch tipped off that Zidane is to leave whether he wins CL or not.

Poch makes murmurs about having taken Spurs as far as he can. Now club needs to push on and challenge financially.

Levy and Poch sit down. Levy not willing to splash out. Poch makes his intentions clear.

To save face, Levy and Poch agree a "gentlemen's deal" of sorts, where Poch signs new contract, meaning any suitors must pay a hefty amount to get him, allowing both MoPo and DL to be happy with the severance.

Zidane quits at Madrid.

DL's phone starts ringing with an overseas number...

I've seen some conspiracy theories on this site before, and being a Tottenham fan I buy into most of them... But that is one of the best yet!

Not considering their director confirmed he only found out yesterday

True but while it's all a guessing game, you'd have thought Poch would have held off signing with us until he saw what way the Zidane situation unfolded given that there was a lot of speculation about him.

Unless the rumours of that clause in the contract are true...

True but while it's all a guessing game, you'd have thought Poch would have held off signing with us until he saw what way the Zidane situation unfolded given that there was a lot of speculation about him.

Unless the rumours of that clause in the contract are true...

Not really
There was no situation last week

I note my post about Pochettino, and the probability of him being a target for Real Madrid, posted in the thread for posts about Pochettino was moved to the Manager Sack watch.

May I point out that Zinedane Zidane was not sacked but resigned. And Pochettino has not been sacked and is not likely to be.

Therefore I have to conclude that my post was moved because a) it was about a manager and b) it involved speculation about a manager's position.

in which case presumably you will be stripping out all other similar posts - starting with those that are immediately above this (unless they have gone now) which should take a while but have the benefit of leaving a much leaner thread.

Or -- heavens forbid - we could reinstate the moved posts and carry on our discussion about Pochettino and whether he is likely to move to Real in the Pochettino thread. I know it is pushing the boundaries a bit, but I'm all for radical innovation.

[And just in case this sounds a bit bad-tempered - I am very thankful for all the hard work the mods do - (unless it involves moving my posts)]

Last edited:
I can't imagine Levy agreeing this kind of clause but I guess you never know. Gut feeling tells me Poch is staying put.

Its not like Poch signing a new contract changes much in relation to Madrid wanting him is it? Other than having to pay more compensation. Not that I think he'll leave...

If Poch isn't interested I think it would benefit the club for him to reaffirm his commitment to spurs via a statement. i.e. realises there will be speculation, however hasn't been approached and is committed to job at Spurs etc - -as it will preempt media outpouring, but more importantly reassure existing players and possible targets - otherwise it is going create unnecessary instability at a time when we need to be extending contracts and buying new players

If Poch isn't interested I think it would benefit the club for him to reaffirm his commitment to spurs via a statement. i.e. realises there will be speculation, however hasn't been approached and is committed to job at Spurs etc - -as it will preempt media outpouring, but more importantly reassure existing players and possible targets - otherwise it is going create unnecessary instability at a time when we need to be extending contracts and buying new players

Such public statement will not take away the speculations. Quite the contrary, actually. And as for the players, I quite certain that Poch talking to them directly and not through the press.

He doesnt need to do anything in the media to do that, he is close to the players and can easily discuss these things behind closed doors. It would have course reassure the fans though.....

Back