• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

United don’t seem to have a plan and just react to other clubs at the moment
Good job their income is so high and their success rate isn’t great

I think they are getting there, in that they’ve decided to throw their money around and try and get the biggest stars. I think they are almost there with Mourinho too, in that he has the ego and the confidence to be a part of their spotlight...they just aren’t quite there because you can take the caution out of Mourinho and so he’ll always be at odds with their style.

Poch now would be great for United, Poch before us...it may have come to soon for him. He’s grown with us as we’ve grown.

Weirdly I think Wenger would be quite good for United as a Manager now, although it would never happen. Just the whole idea of giving good players the freedom to play. It’s the same reason Zidane is doing well with Madrid IMO. Wenger gave too much credit to youngsters that didn’t deserve it at Arsenal and allowed them to fall behind.

Trying to think who would be perfect for United post-Mourinho...it’s a tough one. Maybe Ancelotti. I don’t think there’s an obvious candidate for a job that big, and I think they are stuck with Jose for a while as a result. Maybe Tuchel if he proves himself at PSG. Either way, they ain’t getting Poch so it’s good for us...there’ll always be a certain amount of tension at United because of his style not chiming with the DNA of the club.

I think United are lost.

Yeh spending big on stars but they will not thrive under Mourinho, he is a different beast now to the one that handled Lampard, Terry and Drogba and even they are not stars in the same ego as Pogba.

Mourinho is and will be their biggest problem

I think United are lost.

Yeh spending big on stars but they will not thrive under Mourinho, he is a different beast now to the one that handled Lampard, Terry and Drogba and even they are not stars in the same ego as Pogba.

Mourinho is and will be their biggest problem

Lost:)....they got 82 points with one of the worst Utd teams I've seen in decades.

If they sign Bale and Alderweireld plus a couple of others I think Mourinho will have them around the 90 point mark.

Big problem of course, for everyone, is waiting for City to drop points

But next season I wouldnt be surprised to see City, Utd, us and Liverpool all finish with over 80 points.

Lost:)....they got 82 points with one of the worst Utd teams I've seen in decades.

If they sign Bale and Alderweireld plus a couple of others I think Mourinho will have them around the 90 point mark.

But next season I wouldnt be surprised to see City, Utd, us and Liverpool all finish with over 80 points.

Yeh I know on the face of it that seems a silly statement but they don't have a style or a structure, Mourinho is constantly using players, usually flair players and trying to turn them into something they are not and they are relying on small moments to get them out of trouble, ok they do it alot and got 82 points but for me the team looks lost and the formula will break. Mourinho for me is one falling out away from the who thing falling down like Chelsea

Yeh I know on the face of it that seems a silly statement but they don't have a style or a structure, Mourinho is constantly using players, usually flair players and trying to turn them into something they are not and they are relying on small moments to get them out of trouble, ok they do it alot and got 82 points but for me the team looks lost and the formula will break. Mourinho for me is one falling out away from the who thing falling down like Chelsea

That's true.....if the players get sick of him and his constant misery like they did at Chelski then they will stop performing for him. I don't think they have got to that point though

That's true.....if the players get sick of him and his constant misery like they did at Chelski then they will stop performing for him. I don't think they have got to that point though

I think they are close, the days of screaming at players is at an end, he won't last another season of ranting and public humiliation of players, they will just down tools

Its a curious situation, any proper statistical look, as well as simple observation of their games suggests it was an absolute freak they did that.

They did not deserve the finish they had, I am certain. And, given that, I think you have to do some work just to maintain it - let alone improve upon that situation.

Its a curious situation, any proper statistical look, as well as simple observation of their games suggests it was an absolute freak they did that.

They did not deserve the finish they had, I am certain. And, given that, I think you have to do some work just to maintain it - let alone improve upon that situation.

Shows the importance of being defensively well organised and then playing low risk football. Mourinho's speciality. How many goals did the concede in the league, something like 28?

That's why signing Alderweireld won't necessarily make that much of a difference overall but he might be vital in the bigger games

I agree RE Alderweireld, made the same point myself last week.

My thinking was more - buying Bale/Alderweireld doesnt necessarily catapult them to even more points as you suggest.

I think, as they stand, they will do well to make the same total again - it could take moves like that just to stand still.

They won't be in for him

It has got to be a fairly short list of candidates. And unfortunately even if he isn't on it, there will be constant media sniping. Hopefully there will be a statement reaffirming his commitment to the club.

It has got to be a fairly short list of candidates. And unfortunately even if he isn't on it, there will be constant media sniping. Hopefully there will be a statement reaffirming his commitment to the club.

Why though? Him signing the new contract is exactly that - a statement affirming his commitment to the club. It doesn't show much faith in him if he has to start issuing statements to appease fans only a matter of weeks later.

hypothetical:

Poch tipped off that Zidane is to leave whether he wins CL or not.

Poch makes murmurs about having taken Spurs as far as he can. Now club needs to push on and challenge financially.

Levy and Poch sit down. Levy not willing to splash out. Poch makes his intentions clear.

To save face, Levy and Poch agree a "gentlemen's deal" of sorts, where Poch signs new contract, meaning any suitors must pay a hefty amount to get him, allowing both MoPo and DL to be happy with the severance.

Zidane quits at Madrid.

DL's phone starts ringing with an overseas number...

Back