• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

There are also plenty who thought that we would finish outside the top four

Yeah I was one. This is what I predicted

PL- 5th
CL- last 16
Fa- 5th rd
Lc- quarter finals

Not far off.....I never expected us to finish in the top 4 because of Wembley so Imo the team and management have done a great job

I said 6th but with a shout of 3rd/4th if we perform better than I expected at 'home'. Pretty much in line with expectations overall league wise.

I said 7th, and therefore I am delighted with a totally unexpected, in my case at least, top 4 finish.

Last edited:
Poch's comments are incredibly disturbing. I wasnt remotely concerned about his future before - felt to me that the team ran out of steam and the lack of depth in a couple key positions hurt us in the last month....but the comments about not being able to give any assurances over his future? Its in complete contract to comments over the last year about building something over the long-term

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ino-gives-no-assurances-over-tottenham-future

Poch's comments are incredibly disturbing. I wasnt remotely concerned about his future before - felt to me that the team ran out of steam and the lack of depth in a couple key positions hurt us in the last month....but the comments about not being able to give any assurances over his future? Its in complete contract to comments over the last year about building something over the long-term

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ino-gives-no-assurances-over-tottenham-future

He isn't speaking about assurance from him but the club.
It could all go horribly wrong and he is sacked is what he is alluding to, imo.

Yep from my recollection we beat Bournemouth 4-1 (1-0 down when Kane went off), Swansea 3-0 in the cup and Chelsea 3-1. We looked very fluid at the time, a lot of interchanging and Eriksen and Dele really stepped up.
Son looked spent after Kane came back for some reason. Also I hope there wasn't a negative reaction to the whole Kane claiming goal thing, although I don't see why as he was perfectly entitled to claim it. I think the whole thing did effect him tbh, although I know he is one of the strongest in terms of mentality in the game.

Perhaps you're right, that the extra effort in those games took it out of some of the players.

We were poor in the game with the 'shoulder gate' goal. Got lucky with that goal.
Haven't looked right since the Chelsea game, so I don't think it's the claiming of the goal.

He does this occasionally, difficult with the language challenge (and the fact that he uses it to purposely mis-answer)

But agree, he said before, he would like to stay for a long time, but it's not up to him, its up to club and the results ultimately ..

And after the pressure heaped on him recently because of the lack of trophies and potentially slipping out of the top 4 for one season who can blame him for thinking like that?

You are jumping the gun big time here. He is clearly saying he has a 3 year contract that he will see through but anything can happen, he could die tomorrow or fall out with Levy or be unable to coach anymore. He is pretty much saying he is staying but he cannot guarantee it as anything can happen at any time.

Pochettino is doing everybody a big favour by keeping it real as nothing does lasts forever!

PSG or another could make him an offer he can’t refuse!
I hope he stays but let’s not get too reliant on any manager.

He sounded a little puzzled why some who still don’t think we have done well this season, can’t blame him.
He might be thinking sod it I’ll go somewhere where fans appreciate my efforts!

Last edited:
You are jumping the gun big time here. He is clearly saying he has a 3 year contract that he will see through but anything can happen, he could die tomorrow or fall out with Levy or be unable to coach anymore. He is pretty much saying he is staying but he cannot guarantee it as anything can happen at any time.

I’m not so sure - he seems to have said a lot of late that is either ‘lost in translation’ or, alternatively, deliberately ambiguous. He’s a very smart bloke and he definitely appears to be leaving his options open imo. I would not be surprised to see him walk away at the end of this season - not necessarily to another job immediately. He strikes me as the sort who might take a Pep-style year out to recharge, reset and learn.

With the futures of Toby, Rose and Dembele (and maybe others) up for debate, and the move to the new stadium, it does feel like the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. In many ways Poch might see it like that.

Anyhow, I hope that doesn’t happen. If it does, though, I’m confident we would attract the very highest calibre of candidate and we’d continue to progress at at least the same rate.

I read that he is in the process of renegotiating his contract......this is just part of the plan to make Levy sweat a bit and get a big pay rise as a result;)

The club are supposedly offering Poch an enhanced deal this summer. Poch doesn’t have an agent. But maybe he’s nonetheless astute enough to play the negotiating card a bit publicly.
It doesn’t really strike me as his way of doing things, but who knows.

I’m not so sure - he seems to have said a lot of late that is either ‘lost in translation’ or, alternatively, deliberately ambiguous. He’s a very smart bloke and he definitely appears to be leaving his options open imo. I would not be surprised to see him walk away at the end of this season - not necessarily to another job immediately. He strikes me as the sort who might take a Pep-style year out to recharge, reset and learn.

With the futures of Toby, Rose and Dembele (and maybe others) up for debate, and the move to the new stadium, it does feel like the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. In many ways Poch might see it like that.

Anyhow, I hope that doesn’t happen. If it does, though, I’m confident we would attract the very highest calibre of candidate and we’d continue to progress at at least the same rate.

Likewise, really hope it doesnt happen. My earliest memories of supporting Spurs is the 87 cup final and we've had a revolving door in the managers' office all that time - we've never had anyone approaching Poch's calibre or who could create a long-term 'era' like Fergie and Wenger did, and its that sort of stability which helps win things. Poch leaving would set us back a long way in my view.

Before he's spoken about Spurs about a long-term project. These 'I'm here today but could be gone tomorrow' type comments overlaid with the comment where he spoke about Spurs in the third-person, and the fall-off in performance and other oddities, really concern me.

I love the fact that we have a manager who could be here for a decade, rather than a Conte/Hiddink/Ancelotti type manager who you only know will only ever be around for 2-3 years max

Likewise, really hope it doesnt happen. My earliest memories of supporting Spurs is the 87 cup final and we've had a revolving door in the managers' office all that time - we've never had anyone approaching Poch's calibre or who could create a long-term 'era' like Fergie and Wenger did, and its that sort of stability which helps win things. Poch leaving would set us back a long way in my view.

Before he's spoken about Spurs about a long-term project. These 'I'm here today but could be gone tomorrow' type comments overlaid with the comment where he spoke about Spurs in the third-person, and the fall-off in performance and other oddities, really concern me.

I love the fact that we have a manager who could be here for a decade, rather than a Conte/Hiddink/Ancelotti type manager who you only know will only ever be around for 2-3 years max

I agree with you, but I wonder if the age of a manager staying at a club for 10 years or more is a thing of the past. I love Poch and would love him to stay for a 10 year period, it also sounds to me Poch is not just angling for a big raise in his contract with the club but also wanting an increased transfer budget.

His not playing youth players as much and wanting ready made stars is part of his desire to want to win things, this is of course no bad thing and something we all want. I think like the players, walker, rose and toby he wants to win stuff as well as get big wages.

The will come a time when it all comes to a head and Levy has to decide whether we can afford to up the transfer budget and wages, if we can not then Poch has to decide if he still wants to be part of the build.

It is quite the dilemma and I am not sure which way it will go.

If he can’t deal with that he better not contemplate Real, Barca, PSG, Juventus, Utd, the vast majority of national jobs...

More about wondering whether he will get the old heave-ho prematurely than being able to handle it. In a season where we have played at Wembley all year, finished 3rd and done quite well in Europe you have people calling for his head - wonder what the reaction would be if we actually had an average or poor season...

Back