• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Historically clubs who havent qualified for the CL have still managed to acquire top players, its just as important if not more so that you pay the top wages. Look at Arsenal with Aubamayang or however you spell it as a recent example...

That's kinda the point though isnt it? For us the importance is closing the gap financially and in order to do that CL participation is key, especially if it's ahead of the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea - without it the gap is bigger which in turn makes it harder for us to compete

Edit : seen you've covered that in response to Nayim

I agree. I have said this a few times but we were in such cracking form whilst Kane was out, that I wonder how much it took out of the other attacking players. It came at completely the wrong time in the season where many players will be running on empty. That extra effort at that time could have been the difference between us timing our fitness right and running out of steam early.
Or could it just be that putting Kane straight back into the team wasnt the right thing to do 1) because he wasnt fit 2) Because like you say the attacking line was playing great, and changing that meant breaking the flow....

I agree. I have said this a few times but we were in such cracking form whilst Kane was out, that I wonder how much it took out of the other attacking players. It came at completely the wrong time in the season where many players will be running on empty. That extra effort at that time could have been the difference between us timing our fitness right and running out of steam early.

The side looks shattered ..

Another big difference between last year and this is the attacking players could rely on Walker/Rose to provide more attack options, while Tripps/Davies are ok, they definitely are forward less, means the midfield is even more responsible for creativity. fudge knows how Eriksen is still running.

There was a statistic for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game that is was their 40th for season and our 54th or 58th ..you are talking about something in the range of 40% more games ...

Historically clubs who havent qualified for the CL have still managed to acquire top players, its just as important if not more so that you pay the top wages. Look at Arsenal with Aubameyang or however you spell it as a recent example...

Their wage bill must be huge for a 6th placed team.
Ozil is on £350k pw so Aubameyang must be close?

Or could it just be that putting Kane straight back into the team wasnt the right thing to do 1) because he wasnt fit 2) Because like you say the attacking line was playing great, and changing that meant breaking the flow....

Could be

15795.jpg

The side looks shattered ..

Another big difference between last year and this is the attacking players could rely on Walker/Rose to provide more attack options, while Tripps/Davies are ok, they definitely are forward less, means the midfield is even more responsible for creativity. fudge knows how Eriksen is still running.

There was a statistic for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game that is was their 40th for season and our 54th or 58th ..you are talking about something in the range of 40% more games ...

That's a good point. Four vs three at the back is a factor here too.

Silver wear would be a factor, plus location, stability, ambition, sponsorship...

Some players would go to United to earn great money and sit on the bench. Same with city too

We’re in reality competing with Pool, Chelsea and arse for signings plus teams below us as the other two can blow us out the water money wise

And again being in the CL is a differentiator with the other London clubs. Being in London is a differentiator with pool

But it doesn’t matter if one club is offering noticeably more £££ as players will take that every time IMO

I agree, if someone is distorting the market greatly wages wise then someone will pick that every time

There are also plenty who thought that we would finish outside the top four

I think I predicted 5th/6th at the start of the season, so I'm delighted we made it. The football and results may not have been as easy on the eye compared previous seasons at times, but the fact we played away all season, had a bloody good CL campaign with the teams we beat and how we played, managed the loss of our wing-backs who gave so much dynamism to our play, all in all it's been a pretty damn positive season.

Already looking forward to the start of the 18/19 season.

In the 'poor form' since Chelsea we gained 10pts from 6 league games. 1.66 per game equivalent to 63pts if for a whole season. Most teams will have an iffy patch (for various reasons), ours happened to be at the back end. BUT 1.66 is not too shabby during such a spell, regardless of how it looked to the naked eye.

Yep from my recollection we beat Bournemouth 4-1 (1-0 down when Kane went off), Swansea 3-0 in the cup and Chelsea 3-1. We looked very fluid at the time, a lot of interchanging and Eriksen and Dele really stepped up.
Son looked spent after Kane came back for some reason. Also I hope there wasn't a negative reaction to the whole Kane claiming goal thing, although I don't see why as he was perfectly entitled to claim it. I think the whole thing did effect him tbh, although I know he is one of the strongest in terms of mentality in the game.

Perhaps you're right, that the extra effort in those games took it out of some of the players.

"In 3 years, we’ve achieved massive things; to play in the Champions' League; and we never celebrate. But at Southampton we avoided relation and finished 8th and we had an unbelievable party. My wife was so unhappy, I remember, because I danced. Don’t worry, there’s no video."

"In 3 years, we’ve achieved massive things; to play in the Champions' League; and we never celebrate. But at Southampton we avoided relation and finished 8th and we had an unbelievable party. My wife was so unhappy, I remember, because I danced. Don’t worry, there’s no video."
I bet there is, on someone's phone, somewhere.

We looked very fluid at the time, a lot of interchanging and Eriksen and Dele really stepped up.
This is what we've been lacking.
Players are just standing in position and being marked... stifling all the play.
We need them to keep on the move, keep defenders guessing and tired, keep trying to overlap and break through and change position. Pass and move.

Back