• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Ok, its gone in circles a bit here. If we offered a potential new signing 150k a week and City/Utd offered him the same, what would be one of the determining factors? Possible honours. Are they at this moment in time, more likely to win the League or CL with City? If you answer no then fine. For the same reason you state about how it took City a while, it would take us a while even with top wages to be seen as more likely to win things because, we would actually have start winning them whereas a potential signing can look at those two clubs see what they have won recently and feel they have an enhanced chance of winning something in the short term there.

Silver wear would be a factor, plus location, stability, ambition, sponsorship...

Some players would go to United to earn great money and sit on the bench. Same with city too

We’re in reality competing with Pool, Chelsea and arse for signings plus teams below us as the other two can blow us out the water money wise

And again being in the CL is a differentiator with the other London clubs. Being in London is a differentiator with pool

But it doesn’t matter if one club is offering noticeably more £££ as players will take that every time IMO

Silver wear would be a factor, plus location, stability, ambition, sponsorship...

Some players would go to United to earn great money and sit on the bench. Same with city too

We’re in reality competing with Pool, Chelsea and arse for signings plus teams below us as the other two can blow us out the water money wise

And again being in the CL is a differentiator with the other London clubs. Being in London is a differentiator with pool

But it doesn’t matter if one club is offering noticeably more £££ as players will take that every time IMO

Are you proposing that we change our kit to get silverware?

its more important for me to see spurs play in the champions league, cups and titles are just a bonus. we have to be in europe, the proper european competition that is.

Liverpool are proving the value of the CL.
It’s like the FA Cup has been opened up to the rest of Europe.

So do I, but ones that mean something. League titles and champions league.
FA Cup has little relevance in today’s game. Teams don’t give a monkeys about the cups. The both started to die back when TV started showing football every day. The cup was big draw before 80s when they were a big live tv occasion. Now it’s just another game.
Soon the league and fa cups will be combined and will be played all midweek except for the final which will show on Saturday for nostalgia reasons.
I loved the fa and league in the 70s and 80s then it became lost in an avalanche of live football.

Here’s the problem in modern football. If you want the best players then not being in the CL is going to cost you big-style...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Here’s the problem in modern football. If you want the best players then not being in the CL is going to cost you big-style...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Historically clubs who havent qualified for the CL have still managed to acquire top players, its just as important if not more so that you pay the top wages. Look at Arsenal with Aubamayang or however you spell it as a recent example...

Its a bit of a "one rule for one, another rule for the other..." situation.

Given the wages on offer at Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea etc I dont think being out of the CL will effect their buying power much. Especially as it will be expected they qualify next year.

For us? It makes a tremendous difference. It can be a real sales point in getting players in that we want, the margins are always so fine for us.

My view on the season is that I would've been very pleased with this before a ball was kicked but feel a little deflated considering where we were six weeks ago.

I think that people underestimate how important some consistency in the league is for our club and how hard it is to achieve. Three back to back Champions League qualifications is a huge achievement and creates a really strong platform for us to build from.

I see there was plenty who didnt think Wembley would prove to be such a factor. Save for GinolaGinola thinking we would finish eighth because of it:D

My view on the season is that I would've been very pleased with this before a ball was kicked but feel a little deflated considering where we were six weeks ago.

I think that people underestimate how important some consistency in the league is for our club and how hard it is to achieve. Three back to back Champions League qualifications is a huge achievement and creates a really strong platform for us to build from.
I honestly think the players felt deflated since the Cup semi and this is why we really do need a trophy. Because the players themselves want it badly, and we arent going to maintain our best players if we dont prove we can win some silverware soon. That being said, potentially finishing third and an improved CL showing is a solid season all things considered.....

I honestly think the players felt deflated since the Cup semi and this is why we really do need a trophy. Because the players themselves want it badly, and we arent going to maintain our best players if we dont prove we can win some silverware soon. That being said, potentially finishing third and an improved CL showing is a solid season all things considered.....

Our form had dipped before this, the win at Chelsea was our last good performance.

Our form had dipped before this, the win at Chelsea was our last good performance.
Performance yes, but after Chelsea we beat Stoke away and got a point away at Brighton which looking at other top teams results there wasnt a bad result, and lost against City. After the semi it seemed visible that players' levels dropped, to me anyway...

Performance yes, but after Chelsea we beat Stoke away and got a point away at Brighton which looking at other top teams results there wasnt a bad result, and lost against City. After the semi it seemed visible that players' levels dropped, to me anyway...

The Brighton and Stoke games were poor performances. We have looked poor since Kane came back.

The Brighton and Stoke games were poor performances. We have looked poor since Kane came back.
To be fair I didnt see the Stoke game, and we looked decent second half vs Brighton when Kane dropped further back. We've played poorly and still got results several times throughout the season, thats nothing new because we are mentally strong. That mentality seemed shot since the semi....

To be fair I didnt see the Stoke game, and we looked decent second half vs Brighton when Kane dropped further back. We've played poorly and still got results several times throughout the season, thats nothing new because we are mentally strong. That mentality seemed shot since the semi....

I disagree but there you go

Its a bit of a "one rule for one, another rule for the other..." situation.

Given the wages on offer at Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea etc I dont think being out of the CL will effect their buying power much. Especially as it will be expected they qualify next year.

For us? It makes a tremendous difference. It can be a real sales point in getting players in that we want, the margins are always so fine for us.
Absolutely agree - I was picking up on Steff saying its the 'problem in modern football'. Its only really a problem for us, not the other big teams....

Agree we've looked completely off it since Kane's return. Kane's own form partially responsible (he is that important to us), as well as almost everyone dropping their standards at the same time. Poch may be a little disappointed considering how we finished last year but we look tired right now.

Agree we've looked completely off it since Kane's return. Kane's own form partially responsible (he is that important to us), as well as almost everyone dropping their standards at the same time. Poch may be a little disappointed considering how we finished last year but we look tired right now.

I agree. I have said this a few times but we were in such cracking form whilst Kane was out, that I wonder how much it took out of the other attacking players. It came at completely the wrong time in the season where many players will be running on empty. That extra effort at that time could have been the difference between us timing our fitness right and running out of steam early.

Back