• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I accept that he couldn’t change things instantly

But the subs he made were weak IMO

We brought on lamela who as we have discussed doesn’t do it enough against packed defences

We brought on Llorente to play as a. Target and stopped crossing

Strange

He had Moura and Rose on the bench for pace and variety yet made only two subs

I was wondering today whether Poch had extra time and penalties in mind as part of his thinking around the when and who in terms of subs? (Although I know he took Dele off).

Superbly put.
I seriously wonder if there hasn't been a bot-infestation in our support base recently? Maybe it is a reflection of society? I need to take on a bit more your calm mate, because I get too involved in the bot-ness and lose rational focus. It doesn't help that I am still hurt by last night, not just because we lost but because of the way we lost - by the way last time we played "big boy" like Juve supposedly did, this board went into meltdown and the entire football world told us we were a bunch of clams. I tell you this...had someone done Barzagli last night - I mean REALLY done him - or stamped on Dybala, I guarantee you we would be villains.
And I'm pretty certain we'd have had a man sent off too.

IF we do lose to either Swansea, or in the semi final should we reach it, it could be for any number of reasons. Losing a knock-out game does not automatically equal bad mentality. Calling it before we’ve even played the game seems a bit strange, imo.

I wasn't sure about the FA Cup before last night, but now I am convinced we will win it and that Kane will sin gel-handedly do it himself if he has to. He refused to speak to reporters last night. Hell hath no fury like a Kane scorned.

I wasn't sure about the FA Cup before last night, but now I am convinced we will win it and that Kane will sin gel-handedly do it himself if he has to. He refused to speak to reporters last night. Hell hath no fury like a Kane scorned.
And we hath no joy like Kane when he's scored!

IF we do lose to either Swansea, or in the semi final should we reach it, it could be for any number of reasons. Losing a knock-out game does not automatically equal bad mentality. Calling it before we’ve even played the game seems a bit strange, imo.

In isolation one semi final defeat isn’t a big deal but we have lost our last 7 FA cup semi finals. I think that’s a problem. And I don’t buy that the players don’t know or care about it. Ok some players may be oblivious to it but I’d be amazed if the likes of Kane weren’t aware of our record in the competition.

I’d be more gutted about losing to Swansea because it’s a cup where we’re the best side in it

I’m still gutted about last night as we were the better side overall in the two legs

Let’s be clear. When we say “ruthless” we mean “cynical” and “dirty”...As said before I think we should’ve slowed the game down around 60th minute and taken the sting out of it/evaluated the subs. We will learn from that. Having said THAT, you cannot create as many chances as we did and score so few goals. Hazza missed a couple you’d expect him to put away, and how Lamela doesn’t make a better fist of getting Kane’s post roller over the line I do not know!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I agree mate. One thing I will say though is that as good as Kane is, he does miss a lot of chances. Don’t get me wrong it’s great he keeps getting himself in there to miss them, but he does miss a lot so I don’t think you could say expect him to put away because he’s missed similar plenty of times. He’s a great striker, but not the most ruthless....

In isolation one semi final defeat isn’t a big deal but we have lost our last 7 FA cup semi finals. I think that’s a problem. And I don’t buy that the players don’t know or care about it. Ok some players may be oblivious to it but I’d be amazed if the likes of Kane weren’t aware of our record in the competition.
Wow, I didn’t even know that. Incredible....

You're only counting the ones we lose if you think our record in big games is horrendus - you don't go from where we were when Poch arrived to where we are today by rolling over in all the big games

You're only counting the ones we lose if you think our record in big games is horrendus - you don't go from where we were when Poch arrived to where we are today by rolling over in all the big games
He’s talking about cup games isn’t he? Knockout football, which is the majority of competitions. We haven’t won many big cup games under Poch to be fair....

He’s talking about cup games isn’t he? Knockout football, which is the majority of competitions. We haven’t won many big cup games under Poch to be fair....

He said big games, if he just means cup games then you're just further reducing the number of games you're actually talking about - hard to draw conclusions from a couple of games each season...

unless you win a competition you get knocked out somewhere along the line so essentially it's just a 'we haven't won anything' complaint

He said big games, if he just means cup games then you're just further reducing the number of games you're actually talking about - hard to draw conclusions from a couple of games each season...

unless you win a competition you get knocked out somewhere along the line so essentially it's just a 'we haven't won anything' complaint
Yeah I know he said big games, but talks about the one off nature and how League games are different. Maybe you’re right and he is talking in a broader context though....

Thought we played well and wete the best team over two legs.

I don't have any problem with his subs BUT the management of the situation was a bit naive.

By half-time Juve, away from home, needed two goals to win it and only 45mins to do so. What a position we had built for ourselves.

For 45 mins we should have parked the bus, fell over every minute, rolled around holding various parts of our bodies, taken an age to do anything, got into little spats to break the game up etc etc....thats what they would have done.

Now I know it's not our way and we have great belief in our system BUT just occasionally a situation can warrant it. Heck, it's a valid tactic if the other team only needed 1 goal.

Poch has shown he can manage the tactics and system during the game numerous times, and tonight he didn't even have to do it during the game, he had half-time to do it.

Dier should have dropped into a back 3 with trippier and Davies sitting in to make it a 5 and Victor should have come on to play with Moose. That's a wall of strength in anyone's book. We have fit, motivated players...add that to the dark arts stuff and it will more than likely get us over the line.

Never the less we were great this year..

We should be hungry to get back in it now. (It looks like we belong in it)
And only 3 games (2 at home) to win the fa cup...we should be all out to acheive that.

This weekend will be interesting in terms of reaction. Will we be feeling sorry for ourselves or will the disappointment drive us on.

I agree mate. One thing I will say though is that as good as Kane is, he does miss a lot of chances. Don’t get me wrong it’s great he keeps getting himself in there to miss them, but he does miss a lot so I don’t think you could say expect him to put away because he’s missed similar plenty of times. He’s a great striker, but not the most ruthless....

Not the most ruthless? Woah a minute.....if he put away more of the chances he supposedly misses we are talking about him scoring over 50 goals a season :eek:

How many truly great strikers have played in truly great teams and never been that prolific

Not the most ruthless? Woah a minute.....if he put away more of the chances he supposedly misses we are talking about him scoring over 50 goals a season :eek:

How many truly great strikers have played in truly great teams and never been that prolific

Should have seen me having a kick about in the park when I was younger ...

He misses a lot of chances that’s all I’m saying. And I think there’s better finishers out there. He’s still my favourite ever Spurs player, but I’m saying what I see...

Big game are ones that really matter... cup games, league games that could put us top, away games against other CL contenders.

Beating the big teams at home in the league is great but beating them in games that male a difference is key

Back