• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

There is a difference between not rating him and wanting him out and you conveniently left out the bit where I said I admire and praise him for building the an excellent team. I will start rating him when he is winning trophies with this club with the group of excellent players we have here.
Fair enough. I guess that's one of the many differences between you and many people on here. Despite the disappointments we rate Poch now for what he has done and expect him to learn from his inexperience and short-comings.

There is a difference between not rating him and wanting him out and you conveniently left out the bit where I said I admire and praise him for building the an excellent team. I will start rating him when he is winning trophies with this club with the group of excellent players we have here.

That's an incredibly high bar to set before you can allow yourself to rate the job that's being undertaken here by Poch

Juve subs won them the game, but it was right after they came on.
What was poch supposed to do second guess their changes and make his own end hope he's right.
It give it 5 mind to see what the changes are and react.

He did the right thing in my view, it back fired, but hindsight and all that.

I accept that he couldn’t change things instantly

But the subs he made were weak IMO

We brought on lamela who as we have discussed doesn’t do it enough against packed defences

We brought on Llorente to play as a. Target and stopped crossing

Strange

He had Moura and Rose on the bench for pace and variety yet made only two subs

Thought we played well and wete the best team over two legs.

I don't have any problem with his subs BUT the management of the situation was a bit naive.

By half-time Juve, away from home, needed two goals to win it and only 45mins to do so. What a position we had built for ourselves.

For 45 mins we should have parked the bus, fell over every minute, rolled around holding various parts of our bodies, taken an age to do anything, got into little spats to break the game up etc etc....thats what they would have done.

Now I know it's not our way and we have great belief in our system BUT just occasionally a situation can warrant it. Heck, it's a valid tactic if the other team only needed 1 goal.

Poch has shown he can manage the tactics and system during the game numerous times, and tonight he didn't even have to do it during the game, he had half-time to do it.

Dier should have dropped into a back 3 with trippier and Davies sitting in to make it a 5 and Victor should have come on to play with Moose. That's a wall of strength in anyone's book. We have fit, motivated players...add that to the dark arts stuff and it will more than likely get us over the line.

Never the less we were great this year..

We should be hungry to get back in it now. (It looks like we belong in it)
And only 3 games (2 at home) to win the fa cup...we should be all out to acheive that.

That's an incredibly high bar to set before you can allow yourself to rate the job that's being undertaken here by Poch
I appreciate it's a massive job Poch is undertaking here and I am liking he is building a young exciting squad playing excellent football. I know all about Spurs being perennial underachievers; heck I have been a fan of the club since the late 80's and followed the club through the doldrums of 90's and 00. It's a massive job to bring Spurs to the level of Arsenal in terms of the amount the cups they have in their cabinet, but do you honestly think Harry Kane and the like will stick around in the next couple of seasons if we don't start winning trophies under Poch?

I appreciate it's a massive job Poch is undertaking here and I am liking he is building a young exciting squad playing excellent football. I know all about Spurs being perennial underachievers; heck I have been a fan of the club since the late 80's and followed the club through the doldrums of 90's and 00. It's a massive job to bring Spurs to the level of Arsenal in terms of the amount the cups they have in their cabinet, but do you honestly think Harry Kane and the like will stick around in the next couple of seasons if we don't start winning trophies under Poch?

Why don't you just say you're a bored Gooner, who likes to come onto a Spurs board? Then we could actually have a meaningful discussion.

I hope Poch is here for many years to come but at what point do we stop saying “he’s young, he’ll learn from games like tonight and become a better manager”? He’s been our manager for nearly 4 years and has managed in total for just under a decade. I don’t blame him for the result but some of his in game tactical decisions and subs still leave a lot to be desired.

Why didn’t he bring on Moura? Also, we have 3 subs to use but he only used 2. The only reason I can think of for him not using the third sub was he was thinking about extra time.

He didn’t bring Moura on (I suspect) because he feels he needs more work on his defensive game in our style.

Where I feel he did miss a trick was after Higuain’s equalizer. Slow the game. Tell them to drop off and squeeze the spaces, kill their momentum, a few cheap fouls, break the building pressure. Instead we kept a high line. Of course, had Kane’s effort not rolled along the like after hitting the post maybe it is all academic. Fine fine margins, but let’s just get back in next season to show we have learned!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Two seasons from now? Good grief man, two season ago did you think we’d have been in the CL two seasons running, beating Madrid, beating Leverkusen, consistent top 4, title runners up and still in the hunt for a trophy this season? No. You of all here wouldn’t. See you back here in two years eh?!!!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Thought we played well and wete the best team over two legs.

I don't have any problem with his subs BUT the management of the situation was a bit naive.

By half-time Juve, away from home, needed two goals to win it and only 45mins to do so. What a position we had built for ourselves.

For 45 mins we should have parked the bus, fell over every minute, rolled around holding various parts of our bodies, taken an age to do anything, got into little spats to break the game up etc etc....thats what they would have done.

Now I know it's not our way and we have great belief in our system BUT just occasionally a situation can warrant it. Heck, it's a valid tactic if the other team only needed 1 goal.

Poch has shown he can manage the tactics and system during the game numerous times, and tonight he didn't even have to do it during the game, he had half-time to do it.

Dier should have dropped into a back 3 with trippier and Davies sitting in to make it a 5 and Victor should have come on to play with Moose. That's a wall of strength in anyone's book. We have fit, motivated players...add that to the dark arts stuff and it will more than likely get us over the line.

Never the less we were great this year..

We should be hungry to get back in it now. (It looks like we belong in it)
And only 3 games (2 at home) to win the fa cup...we should be all out to acheive that.

Hard to disagree with that. What I would say though is that Poch has admitted even publicly he has no problem with the dark arts, but it's quite a hard instruction to give out from the bench. It needs the players to recognise the situation and jump to it as a matter of course. I think the guys were so focused on keeping their heads and not letting the occasion get away from them that they tried to stay calm, tried to play their game, and that is admirable but the situation probably required that plus some dark arts stuff thrown in.

Just like the Battle of the Bridge, we will learn from this. That showed we needed to be calmer in big games. This showed we should feel comfortable mixing a bit of streetwise gamesmanship in to a good, even somewhat attacking, tactical plan. Everyone will learn though...what is clear is we don't need a bunch of people going 'I hope Poch learns from this' because the margins are so fine, we played well and could easily have been through, and Poch has earnt our trust in how well he has learnt from setbacks previously.

Hard to disagree with that. What I would say though is that Poch has admitted even publicly he has no problem with the dark arts, but it's quite a hard instruction to give out from the bench. It needs the players to recognise the situation and jump to it as a matter of course. I think the guys were so focused on keeping their heads and not letting the occasion get away from them that they tried to stay calm, tried to play their game, and that is admirable but the situation probably required that plus some dark arts stuff thrown in.

Just like the Battle of the Bridge, we will learn from this. That showed we needed to be calmer in big games. This showed we should feel comfortable mixing a bit of streetwise gamesmanship in to a good, even somewhat attacking, tactical plan. Everyone will learn though...what is clear is we don't need a bunch of people going 'I hope Poch learns from this' because the margins are so fine, we played well and could easily have been through, and Poch has earnt our trust in how well he has learnt from setbacks previously.
He should have converted to park the bus at half-time and got all the instructions across then.

We had a massive advantage and only 45mins left.

And tbh Juve,as a team,didn't fill me with fear anyway.

Who was the Gooner WUM who used to post on here and had an Avatar that looked like Whinger?

I know all about Spurs being perennial underachievers

Who on here says 'Spurs' when talking about us as a loyal fan?

It's a massive job to bring Spurs to the level of Arsenal in terms of the amount the cups they have in their cabinet

Just couldn't help himself rub it in a little. Let his facade drop for a moment.

A cut a dry Goon WUM. Would be welcome here if he was simply honest. But such is the calibre of some of those lot.

He should have converted to park the bus at half-time and got all the instructions across then.

We had a massive advantage and only 45mins left.

And tbh Juve,as a team,didn't fill me with fear anyway.

Park the bus in and of itself is not a sure fire winner though. How many times I've seen a manager pull their team back to defend a lead, concede, and then get lambasted for being naive and 'inviting the pressure on'.

I think we played well, we lost, and it's sad. Some uncharacteristic defensive mistakes but against a quality team that matched our motivation and had more experience. I'm ok with it, gutted, but ok.

Back