• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

We are expected to lose the away games against the other top 6 and if our results had been better against the smaller teams, the away games against the top 6 would not be as important.

As many others have said in the OMT, Poch was brilliant today - he changed the system at half time and made brave subs and took the game to Pool and it paid off.

This is precisely what people have been calling for - decisive changes in system, attacking subs, players that influence the game, and a big outcome. Great stuff, he can do it!

This is why I've been critical when he has just watched us plodding around for 80 minutes... these are exactly the sorts of changes I've wanted him to make in those dull, torpid matches.

Someone said that Wanyama scored with his second touch.
And Lamela had only been on a few minutes when he won the penalty by darting nimbly in front of a 7 foot beast.
Brilliant impact subs.

RAWK is genuinely a bizarro world. Spurs definitely have their idiots and hysteria among their online base but no matter which forum or media you read, there is usually enough balance in there to make you think we aren’t all absolutely mad.

But the rate of absolute nutters deluded up to their eyeballs vs sane people on RAWK is crazy high. They are almost all so, so sure of what they saw. If someone tells them that actually the pen calls were right they try and twist the situation and keep going. Genuinely odd. Why them?

RAWK is genuinely a bizarro world. Spurs definitely have their idiots and hysteria among their online base but no matter which forum or media you read, there is usually enough balance in there to make you think we aren’t all absolutely mad.

But the rate of absolute nutters deluded up to their eyeballs vs sane people on RAWK is crazy high. They are almost all so, so sure of what they saw. If someone tells them that actually the pen calls were right they try and twist the situation and keep going. Genuinely odd. Why them?

Sounds like the Sissoko thread.

It's not RAWK, it's Liverpool

4 points out of 6 against a club that we traditionally have struggled against, and who typically has their best performances against better teams.

It is a good season for us, and Poch, we have had to adapt to a new temporary home, we have had a fair share of injuries, and some of the other teams have had patches of very good form.

That said, 1 point of 4th, with Toby, Danny, Wanyama, Lamela getting back to fitness, and new signing to hopefully have a small impact somewhere.

I’ve often criticised Poch for not being decisive enough with subs and I would still like him to make changes earlier than he does but I can’t really fault him today. Not his fault we gave away such a silly goal. You can’t legislate for a brain fart in the first few mins. I’ve been waiting years for us to put in that kind of performance away from home against one of the top sides in a PL game. Credit to Poch.

I’ve often criticised Poch for not being decisive enough with subs and I would still like him to make changes earlier than he does but I can’t really fault him today. Not his fault we gave away such a silly goal. You can’t legislate for a brain fart in the first few mins. I’ve been waiting years for us to put in that kind of performance away from home against one of the top sides in a PL game. Credit to Poch.

I personally thought he needed to make a change to tactics yesterday, it wasnt working for the first 50/55 minutes and we kept playing it short and kept losing the ball and couldnt beat the press.

I personally thought he needed to make a change to tactics yesterday, it wasnt working for the first 50/55 minutes and we kept playing it short and kept losing the ball and couldnt beat the press.
I moaned about us not sometimes going long from the keeper, (Emirates Marketing Project do it) but was shouted down here for wanting to play Wimbledon football

Nothing wrong with going long to beat a press.

Even less wrong if your losing the ball every time
agree but so on here & Poch seem to think long ball is wrong
what is wrong is not teaching players to be able to control and pass a football with both feet, and to be able to think for themselves

Nothing wrong with going long to beat a press.

Even less wrong if your losing the ball every time

Liveroool go long all the time and they okay reasonable football still

Bypassing a press makes sense and sticking to a strategy that was getting us caught every time doesn’t

After that game I know which team goes forward with momentum. Absolute bossed them in the second half.

But the narrative s that Poch is s_hit at subs...

He has been poor with his subs in that he takes too long and isn’t very adventurous with them when needed

Yesterday he took of Sanchez who was having a mare and moved Dier there so that was a calculated gamble and one he wouldn’t normally do.

Wanyama on made sense to me but not my mates. With lamella on we were putting more attackers on so having the Beast there was necessary.

And people are forgetting that llorentes first touch was the header to lamella ...

The all worked out perfectly

Back