• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

This, if you analize most games you will see that nearly ALL goals start with a mistake, misplaced pass etc some where in the lead up.
True. And some mistakes are to be expected, accepted even. Others are not.

Like letting a player through on goal from a goalkeeper hoof and a single flicked header when fully organized. That's never acceptable, but unless that kind of mistake happens frequently I don't think the manager can be blamed.

True. And some mistakes are to be expected, accepted even. Others are not.

Like letting a player through on goal from a goalkeeper hoof and a single flicked header when fully organized. That's never acceptable, but unless that kind of mistake happens frequently I don't think the manager can be blamed.

Mistakes should never be accepted, but players are human and as long as the do not keep making the same mistake then its one of those things.

Mistakes should never be accepted, but players are human and as long as the do not keep making the same mistake then its one of those things.
Disagree. Some mistakes should be accepted. We want our players to take certain risks, risks means that there's a chance of a mistake.

Take Lloris rushing out to get to a through ball as just one example. Maybe he gets one on ten or one in twenty wrong, it's a mistake. But the vast majority he gets right and on balance that's a lot better for us than him being more passive. That to me means accepting those mistakes from time to time.

What a performance from the gaffer, had us organised brilliantly such that losing alderweireld made little difference to our defensive shape and the front three have an almost telepathic understanding. Deserves so much credit for today and for how hard to beat we have become. 2nd place was no fluke, we are a top side. Hope he can win the trophy he deserves to keep the critics off his back.

What a performance from the gaffer, had us organised brilliantly such that losing alderweireld made little difference to our defensive shape and the front three have an almost telepathic understanding. Deserves so much credit for today and for how hard to beat we have become. 2nd place was no fluke, we are a top side. Hope he can win the trophy he deserves to keep the critics off his back.
He's Magic...

Redknapp kept things simple. More often than not it worked in our favour but it also hurt us at times.

AVB overcomplicated things.

Poch gets the balance just right at least 55% of the time, the top managers tend to win at least 55%-60% of their games. Definitely think he's learning how to play smarter against teams like Real compared to previous seasons when we simply tried to play our game and barely alter our tactics to the opposition.

Spurs delivers against fudging Madrid .. does Poch get some credit now?
Of course not. Trippier was offside, Dele got a lucky deflection, Madrid had loads of injuries, he risked a career-ending injury by playing Kane so soon after his lay-off, Toby died AND he brought on Sissoko when we had a strong bench (apparently).

Spurs delivers against fudging Madrid .. does Poch get some credit now?
When does Poch not get credit? It seems like a lot can’t take him getting criticised for anything. If he can get credit for beating Real Madrid, and justifiably so why can’t he be questioned about certain decisions when we play poorly and lose? No one is expecting him to be perfect, but certain things he does can be questioned. Doesn’t mean people don’t appreciate him.....

Says the Real Madrid manager about Spurs.

Now that's something I never ever in my wildest dreams thought I'd experience in my lifetime.

Unbelievable isn’t it. I was stopped in my tracks last night when the guy on Irish TV said: “Welcome back. At half time Spurs lead Real Madrid 1-0 at Wembley.”

Given where Spurs have been over my 35 years as a supporter, it was almost surreal. And I just thought “Levy you fudging genius, you made this happen.”

Poch is subject to criticism, he isn’t perfect. He’ll make mistakes and we’ll be able to see them clearly with the benefit of hindsight. Like his team selection on Saturday in my view. Levy is also subject to criticism because he’s made some huge mistakes over the years.

But when I look at where Levy and Poch have us, I have nothing but admiration for them and couldn’t imagine our club without them. What they’ve done and how they’ve done it blows my fudging mind and makes my week a little bit better pretty much every week.

“At half time Spurs lead Real Madrid 1-0 at Wembley.” fudge me.

Another statement win; well done big man. Best manager in my time supporting Spurs.

Now go and win the league or champions league. Please.

Ok, just a win vs Palace on Sunday will do for now.

COYS

Back