• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Unbelievable isn’t it. I was stopped in my tracks last night when the guy on Irish TV said: “Welcome back. At half time Spurs lead Real Madrid 1-0 at Wembley.”

Given where Spurs have been over my 35 years as a supporter, it was almost surreal. And I just thought “Levy you fudging genius, you made this happen.”

Poch is subject to criticism, he isn’t perfect. He’ll make mistakes and we’ll be able to see them clearly with the benefit of hindsight. Like his team selection on Saturday in my view. Levy is also subject to criticism because he’s made some huge mistakes over the years.

But when I look at where Levy and Poch have us, I have nothing but admiration for them and couldn’t imagine our club without them. What they’ve done and how they’ve done it blows my fudging mind and makes my week a little bit better pretty much every week.

“At half time Spurs lead Real Madrid 1-0 at Wembley.” fudge me.
Never did i ever think i'd be sat in a stadium with 80,000+ other yids, giving it the ole's against the might of Real effing Madrid as we lord it over them.

Ole, ole, ole woooooooo ole!

When does Poch not get credit? It seems like a lot can’t take him getting criticised for anything. If he can get credit for beating Real Madrid, and justifiably so why can’t he be questioned about certain decisions when we play poorly and lose? No one is expecting him to be perfect, but certain things he does can be questioned. Doesn’t mean people don’t appreciate him.....

I suggest you go back a couple of pages on this thread, I could quote a few but its not about calling individuals out, it's about how quickly people try to pin it not just on mistakes.

Poch, Levy & Spurs are learning, a work in progress, mistakes have/will be made, but it's also extremely obvious we are learning and improving.

We have had a couple or great managers here, but what Poch has done better then most of them is he has turned us into a TEAM who all know what they are doing and play for each other. Most of the others have had a couple of great players who have been match winners but when they failed to perform we have not been as consistant.

We really have something special here and i truly believe we will become even better, i am not getting carried away by saying that ( i have seen so many false dawns) but the future looks bright.

We have had a couple or great managers here, but what Poch has done better then most of them is he has turned us into a TEAM who all know what they are doing and play for each other. Most of the others have had a couple of great players who have been match winners but when they failed to perform we have not been as consistant.

We really have something special here and i truly believe we will become even better, i am not getting carried away by saying that ( i have seen so many false dawns) but the future looks bright.
The future looks Lillywhite...

Bellamy is so spot on there with the trophy argument. Been saying that all along.
Absolutely. Trophies are important in a sport where trophies are the baubles associated with winning. But from a chap who appeared to give 100% (even 110% at times), Bellamy nails it that giving your all, your best, is where each individual can find true satisfaction. Life...

I have to disagree with The Unforgiven. It's a classic genre-defying work, turning cinematic tropes upside down and inside out packed with triffic performances and top notch cinematography and editing.

The are two types of people in this world, those that like clint eastwood and those with brain cells.

That's the first time I've heard you call Redknapp great.

Back