• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Unless there has been a different interview since the one I saw (where he mentioned Wigan) then he said that of course we would love to win the league cup or FA Cup, but the league and champions league are our priority.

He said who cares about this competition - look at Wigan - they won the FA Cup and look where they are now?

If you don't call that dismissive, I don't know what is.

He said who cares about this competition - look at Wigan - they won the FA Cup and look where they are now?

If you don't call that dismissive, I don't know what is.

But then he said of course we'd love to win it, right? Unless I'm remembering it wrong.

In the end, when the whistle goes, the players will want to win. People are making too much of a press conference when we all know that this competition is the lowest of the club's priorities.

But then he said of course we'd love to win it, right? Unless I'm remembering it wrong.

In the end, when the whistle goes, the players will want to win. People are making too much of a press conference when we all know that this competition is the lowest of the club's priorities.

Of course it is the lowest of our priorities - but it is entirely wrong for the manager to articulate it as such.

Of course it is the lowest of our priorities - but it is entirely wrong for the manager to articulate it as such.

I don't mind the honesty, beats bullsh1t platitudes. The players aren't children, like I said when the whistle goes they will want to win. Anyway, let's agree to disagree coz we are cluttering up the thread now! ;)

Well if you mean that by paying for ST to see all games and getting fed up with our attitude of not taking cup games seriously then yes i take it personally, if you were to go back and look at the teams we have sent out over the years there is no doubt ( imo and many of those who go to the game) that we have sent out teams to play rather then actually hope to win most of those games.

Thats your view, and like I said one you seem to be taking personally. Thats fine, Im not going to tell you you are wrong.

Only that I disagree, I think we put out teams that should do a job. Even if they make hard work of it. In the interests or remaining competitive in all competitions.

In spite of what Poch said he put out a team last night as strong as any home PL side would against a team struggling at the wrong end of the Championship. Methinks his bark is worse than his bite ... or should that be better than? :D

Blackburn won the Premier League. The comment about Wigan was ridiculous.

It's pretty clear what he means here. He's saying that even if we win the FA Cup, it doesn't mean we have arrived as a club where he wants to be. If we are regularly challenging for the PL and CL, that's where we want to be as a club. His point is that Wigan have won it and look at them now - it didn't sustain them at football's top table, anything but.

Of course he always qualifies it with saying he would still love to win a trophy which people are not acknowledging.

Well for starters have a look at the FA Cup winners of past twenty years - full of Arsenal, Man U, City, Liverpool, Chelsea. Guess who's missing....

I don't consider them "clubs in our position" as they are bankrolled by wealthy individuals and investment funds, they have tremendous financial advantage and can afford to do things differently.

I don't consider them "clubs in our position" as they are bankrolled by wealthy individuals and investment funds, they have tremendous financial advantage and can afford to do things differently.
So who should we be benchmarking ourselves against then? Our fans and manager like to talk like we are a top club therefore we have to deliver like they do.....

Back