• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Why would he do that though? A mid-table team would pay him a lot more in wages if he was a free agent, than if he had just signed a new 1 or 2 year deal

why would a young local lad who's worked his way through the youth system want to be under contract at Tottenham Hotspur FC?

one word, ambition

Only one?

Why so hard on the midfield that turned our fortunes around last season? Both of whom have had major injury setbacks this year.

Our 3rd and 4th choices proved (in their first adult/competitive seasons) that they could haul our team into the top 5. It's actually an embarrassment of riches.

Why so hard on the midfield that turned our fortunes around last season? Both of whom have had major injury setbacks this year.

Our 3rd and 4th choices proved (in their first adult/competitive seasons) that they could haul our team into the top 5. It's actually an embarrassment of riches.

Personally, and its merely an opinion, I would remove Carroll and one of Bentaleb & Mason (it looks like it will be Bentaleb as things stand) and replace with one midfielder of proven quality.

But Poch doesnt work like that, so its largely irrelevant.

why would a young local lad who's worked his way through the youth system want to be under contract at Tottenham Hotspur FC?

one word, ambition

Of course. Townsend-esque loyalty is to be commended. But if he gets wind that we're only do it to get a fee for him, I doubt he'd play ball. He'd do a Timmeh and demand a 5 year deal.

Personally, and its merely an opinion, I would remove Carroll and one of Bentaleb & Mason (it looks like it will be Bentaleb as things stand) and replace with one midfielder of proven quality.

But Poch doesnt work like that, so its largely irrelevant.

I wanted Cambiasso to come to mentor Bentaleb last summer (a Davids to Bentaleb's Carrick). But Poch went for Dier instead and has been proved very right

I think you will be able to comment on Poch's rotation at the end of the season. Looking at it now, his rotation has resulted in us being second in the League with 9 games to play. At best there is one team that is doing rotation better than him. Last season, he got us to the final of the Carling Cup and fifth in the league. Again hardly an indicator of poor rotation. That is unless, you expect more? In which case I think it is less about his rotation and more about your expectations.

Even at the end of the season we won't actually know that much.

Those that would have liked to see Pochettino rotate more can claim that we would have done better in the league if he rotated more in cup games.
Those that would have liked to see Pochettino rotate less can claim that we could have done just as well in the league and done better in the cups if he rotated less in cup games.

We won't actually know any more than we do now:
1. Pochettino demands a lot from his players and works them as hard as can be expected from anyone in training and games.
2. We're getting results above our expectations.

If that's not enough to accept that Pochettino's decisions based on more information than we have and more knowledge than what we have are well reasoned then I don't think anything will..

I wanted Cambiasso to come to mentor Bentaleb last summer (a Davids to Bentaleb's Carrick). But Poch went for Dier instead and has been proved very right

I think people are massively over estimating the impact Davids had here. He wasn't popular with the players and wasn't overly effective on the pitch by his previous years standards

And of the midfielders mentioned here it looks like an order of Mason - Carroll - Bentlelab now but none of them have displayed the defensive characteristics that suit this seasons spurs team

I think people are massively over estimating the impact Davids had here. He wasn't popular with the players and wasn't overly effective on the pitch by his previous years standards

And of the midfielders mentioned here it looks like an order of Mason - Carroll - Bentlelab now but none of them have displayed the defensive characteristics that suit this seasons spurs team

Tell me more about this please

Tell me more about this please

He got knocked out by Robbie Keane after training for the ay he treated there with arrogance and contempt - thats quite well known

He didn't get the humour the player had and wasn't involved in any of the social aspects either

I know a place at the club at the time and he was really complimentary about lot of players but very negative about Edgar the Great

He got knocked out by Robbie Keane after training for the ay he treated there with arrogance and contempt - thats quite well known

He didn't get the humour the player had and wasn't involved in any of the social aspects either

I know a place at the club at the time and he was really complimentary about lot of players but very negative about Edgar the Great

Erm, i think i can work out what you're saying, but a translation into English would help many others...;)

Thanks btw

Davids may have been unpopular with the players but he was exactly what the club needed at the time. He showed leadership, drive and ambition on the pitch as well as adding much-needed grit to an otherwise flaky midfield and helped take us to the next level.

Since when - apart from the odd glitch (2pts/8 games) - we have not looked back.

Davids may have been unpopular with the players but he was exactly what the club needed at the time. He showed leadership, drive and ambition on the pitch as well as adding much-needed grit to an otherwise flaky midfield and helped take us to the next level.

Since when - apart from the odd glitch (2pts/8 games) - we have not looked back.

Or maybe just maybe the younger players got better at a time when he joined as they were progressing through better coaching and natural development

Or maybe just maybe the younger players got better at a time when he joined as they were progressing through better coaching and natural development

You really don't like Davids do you;)

Tbf, he probably WAS a bit of a cnunt - and that was probably what we've needed for years. We've been too nice and happy to 'plod along' and we haven't had the real guts and fight (and perhaps cnuntishness) to really make sure our season's didn't end in February.

We probably have to thank the likes of Davids, Naybet, VDV for pushing ourselves onwards mentally..hopefully this year will be a culmination!

Very off-topic now - but I thought Davids was massively overrated during his time with us. Also, and this is like swearing in church, was David Ginola really that good? Didn't he just look like Hod The GHod because all of our other players were brick? I mean, of course he was good, but legend-good? Really? 13 goals in 100 matches for us according to Wikipedia. :p

You really don't like Davids do you;)

Tbf, he probably WAS a bit of a cnunt - and that was probably what we've needed for years. We've been too nice and happy to 'plod along' and we haven't had the real guts and fight (and perhaps cnuntishness) to really make sure our season's didn't end in February.

We probably have to thank the likes of Davids, Naybet, VDV for pushing ourselves onwards mentally..hopefully this year will be a culmination!

Honestly thought he was ok - no more and no less

I think people have over rated his contribution in relation to the team getting better over the fact the players improved themselves

Carrick became a £20m midfielder Not because of David's but because he was a bloody good player

Back