• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Big BIG game coming up for Poch on Thursday vs Dortmund. I think this might be considered his biggest with us in terms of prestige, test of tactical strengths etc.

If we win the tie overall his and our stock will surely soar beyond belief...i expect he'll know this and play a very strong side..

Ha...what did i know eh:p

poor result for us but a good reality check against a good side that plays good football.

tuchlers got dortmund attacking in waves in a very direct manner; it is very nice to watch.

yup. if Poch sticks around, that's where I'd hope to be in around 3 years..

Poch only problem is the poor way he has done rotation in the last 2 seasons.
But he's done with that now until 2017/18.
Next season he has two competitions: the league and the Champion's League, fudge the rest.

Next season he has two competitions: the league and the Champion's League, fudge the rest.
And hopefully next season he has more to rotate with PLUS the players he has now will be better then, if you get my time logic.

The future's bright, the future's Lillywhite!

Key for him next season is to expand the squad. We need more cover up front for Kane. I would also look at development of one of Carroll, Mason and Bentaleb. One of them unfortunately has to go.

Very poor decision from Poch yesterday re the starting line-up, not in tune with the ethos of our club at all.

I'm think this could backfire badly on the end of our season to be honest with you, he should have rested players for villa not the other way round.

If we lose our confidence in our squad that is not going to help us win games.

Poch and The committee was decisive in getting rid of Lennon and townsend who could still a job for us, in search of better players. I hope this continues, I have no issues letting all of Carroll, Mason and Bentaleb go if we get another of dele alli and Wimmer.

Very poor decision from Poch yesterday re the starting line-up, not in tune with the ethos of our club at all.

I'm think this could backfire badly on the end of our season to be honest with you, he should have rested players for villa not the other way round.

If we lose our confidence in our squad that is not going to help us win games.
Chances are even our strongest side would have struggled against that outstanding Dortmund side so imagine the fallout if we then also lost to Villa on Sunday through fielding a weakened side. Unlikely perhaps but these things do happen.

Poch faced a massive conundrum and made his choice. Only time will tell whether he got it right.

Key for him next season is to expand the squad. We need more cover up front for Kane. I would also look at development of one of Carroll, Mason and Bentaleb. One of them unfortunately has to go.

Our numbers are fine. It's maybe a bit of rebalancing. We have 8 AMs, but only 1 CF. So swapping a Chadli/Pritchard for a Dembele II etc.

I'm very unconvinced by Carroll in general think might be released when his contract expires in June.

Mason has shown he can perform at the level, and Roy's told us about the ankle issue he's being made to carry till the summer. He's better in the advanced one of the duo, but we know he's defensively good enough to double pivot with Dembele or Bentaleb.

Bentaleb is the one that needs to step up and be Dier's cover/competition, or be replaced (unless Poch see's Winks or Ball playing that role next season)

Our numbers are fine. It's maybe a bit of rebalancing. We have 8 AMs, but only 1 CF. So swapping a Chadli/Pritchard for a Dembele II etc.

I'm very unconvinced by Carroll in general think might be released when his contract expires in June.

Mason has shown he can perform at the level, and Roy's told us about the ankle issue he's being made to carry till the summer. He's better in the advanced one of the duo, but we know he's defensively good enough to double pivot with Dembele or Bentaleb.

Bentaleb is the one that needs to step up and be Dier's cover/competition, or be replaced (unless Poch see's Winks or Ball playing that role next season)

I actually agree with you!!

I think you will be able to comment on Poch's rotation at the end of the season. Looking at it now, his rotation has resulted in us being second in the League with 9 games to play. At best there is one team that is doing rotation better than him. Last season, he got us to the final of the Carling Cup and fifth in the league. Again hardly an indicator of poor rotation. That is unless, you expect more? In which case I think it is less about his rotation and more about your expectations.

We might not keep Carroll but it would be mad to just release him, in the modern transfer market he's a 10m player.

He's out of contract/a free agent in June. So we wont have a choice unless we have an extension clause

He'll be 24 too, so no compensation either.

Back