• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I stand by my comments that you can't play chadli against teams that fight and have a go. He is a pussy when it comes to the physical stuff. He is great against them off the bench when their tired as he can score goals but he doesn't do any defensive work. Saying that it's not something Son revels in but at least he tracks back and covers

I also think we got the order of the full backs wrong for this game - but I think rose and walker are neede for Arse so it was a calculated decision and wimmer and Davies have both been very good

Our problem was no ball carrier form midfield to take the ball to their make shift defence. We can miss Dembele when we have Alli playing but we can't lose both against these sorts of sides
Yup.... Agreed 100% on the fullbacks, Dembele and Alli.

Regarding Chadli - having a flat track bully is great when you are playing on a flat track, but not when you're playing on a fast, cracked wicket with a couple of 100mph bowlers in the opposition attack. In those sorts of games you play your resolute batsman who is more than prepared to wear a few in protecting his wicket and would only bring the bully on when the bowlers have already got through a lot of overs and you've had the heavy roller on during the tea interval!

I am also a little worried about Son. I'm just not sure that he is good enough. It may well be that it is a "not good enough yet" I guess we'll see in time, it could just be that he hasn't yet adjusted to the pace and power of the PL, but for all of his running around and busyness, he seems to surrender possession a lot.

Regarding Chadli - having a flat track bully is great when you are playing on a flat track, but not when you're playing on a fast, cracked wicket with a couple of 100mph bowlers in the opposition attack. In those sorts of games you play your resolute batsman who is more than prepared to wear a few in protecting his wicket and would only bring the bully on when the bowlers have already got through a lot of overs and you've had the heavy roller on during the tea interval!

I am also a little worried about Son. I'm just not sure that he is good enough. It may well be that it is a "not good enough yet" I guess we'll see in time, it could just be that he hasn't yet adjusted to the pace and power of the PL, but for all of his running around and busyness, he seems to surrender possession a lot.

Agree with you and @Bedfordspurs .

Chadli is a physical specimen but is a pussy, and from my days of playing football there is no teaching or coaching that will change that, its just the way he is (Anautovic is who Chadli should be, goals and power).

I agree about Son. He has bundles of talent and work rate but it was noted from people who watched him in germany that his body strength/body positioning was never great and used to get eased/knocked of the ball a lot. Still gonna give him plenty of time though.

I agree too about the full backs, although some people appear hung-up on the constant rotation of them. Surely it would have been better for Davies/Tripp to start at home against Swansea and Rose/Walker to play both West Ham and Arsenal. I mean two games in a row, who'd have thought it.;) We have Bournemouth and Villa coming up so less intense match-ups.

Id just add that we don't have many flat track bullies and we historically hasn't excelled at battering teams when we should

Every player has a role to play but I just saw the team sheet last night and cringed a but when I saw Antonio against Chaldi - similar physiques but nothing like the hunger for the physical battle

Id just add that we don't have many flat track bullies and we historically hasn't excelled at battering teams when we should

Every player has a role to play but I just saw the team sheet last night and cringed a but when I saw Antonio against Chaldi - similar physiques but nothing like the hunger for the physical battle
The difference in desire between Antonio and Chadli was all too evident all game long I felt. It is a shame as the difference in ability between the two players is skewed massively in Chadli's favour. As you say they all have a role to play. Chadli's is to be the flat track bully when we're on a flat track. Or to get us something towards the end of games when the intensity has gone out of the opposition. I think Poch probably knows that but with no Dembele and Alli to start last night didn't really have too many options, I think had either been fit enough to start then Chadli would've been on the bench.

The difference in desire between Antonio and Chadli was all too evident all game long I felt. It is a shame as the difference in ability between the two players is skewed massively in Chadli's favour. As you say they all have a role to play. Chadli's is to be the flat track bully when we're on a flat track. Or to get us something towards the end of games when the intensity has gone out of the opposition. I think Poch probably knows that but with no Dembele and Alli to start last night didn't really have too many options, I think had either been fit enough to start then Chadli would've been on the bench.

I'd have played son there personally because of his work rate but it's happened now

Son looks way out of sorts lately, don't think he'd have made a difference tbh

well he might have made other mistakes but I doubt he would've played a lazy backpass to Davies which resulted in a corner and then show absolutely zero strength or will to win in challenging with Antonio from resulting corner. Once you've made a mistake you should be trying your best to correct it but he just compounded it by giving Antonio an almost free run on that corner. Get tighter and WANT the ball more than him.

He actually looks dot me as though he knew that this was coming - a game where we wouldn't turn up and he had no control over it

He also looked tinkleed off an frustrated

I agree with you, we are still a young side and these games will happen and I am a little surprised it has not happened more often. Our side are still learning and Poch probably knows this.

One of those games/days lets move on to the next one, I have said that I honestly believe we are not good enough ( yet) to win the Prem and its still a learning curve for a lot of our players.

I agree with you, we are still a young side and these games will happen and I am a little surprised it has not happened more often. Our side are still learning and Poch probably knows this.

One of those games/days lets move on to the next one, I have said that I honestly believe we are not good enough ( yet) to win the Prem and its still a learning curve for a lot of our players.

I think we are good enough and I genuinely believe we will go on another run that will put us in a great place

Don't get me wrong though.... I did not expect that at the beginning of the season but we are without doubt the best side in the league at the moment, despite last nights result

I was nervous as hell but look at it as a game to take on the chin!!

I think we are good enough and I genuinely believe we will go on another run that will put us in a great place

Don't get me wrong though.... I did not expect that at the beginning of the season but we are without doubt the best side in the league at the moment, despite last nights result

I was nervous as hell but look at it as a game to take on the chin!!

I still think we are a little naïve as a team to be winning the Prem, but I agree we can go on another run and pick it up again. I said to a mate that I still think we will finish 3rd and to be honest that would be a great season for us. Only those who got carried away ( not saying you have/are) and started believing that we would be champions are likely to be disappointed.

I think this was one of our poorest performances of the season and we were outfought. That's probably what has disappointed Poch most.

I also think that West Ham got their tactics completely right against us with going 3 at the back and really pushing our full backs right back. Payet was great but their whole midfield was aggressive and compressed the space. Despite all of that, they managed one goal from a mistake. That says a lot about to our team for me. Even on an off day where it seems we couldn't pass the ball to anyone on our own team we only conceded one goal. It was a shame that we're missing Dembele as his strength would have helped us, but that's why winning the league is tough. It's a complete test of the squad.

Still, it's just one game. We will bounce back from this and what better motivation for the game against Arsenal. It's our place, and we are laying down a marker against one of our competitors for the league, so our team will run their socks off. Arsenal won't play a long ball, and without Koscielny they look poor at the back. This is a special bunch of players that we have and they will be hurting. They played within themselves and got punished. They won't let it happen again.

Bring on the gooners. We will smash those bell ends.

I felt it was a mistake taking off lamela to replace him with Son. But I am willing to give him a chance based on his early performances before his foot injury.

I still think we are a little naïve as a team to be winning the Prem, but I agree we can go on another run and pick it up again. I said to a mate that I still think we will finish 3rd and to be honest that would be a great season for us. Only those who got carried away ( not saying you have/are) and started believing that we would be champions are likely to be disappointed.

In a normal season I'd 100% agree but this is far from normal, and we really are the best side in the league at the moment

In a normal season I'd 100% agree but this is far from normal, and we really are the best side in the league at the moment

This is the fact that keeps coming back to me as well. Leicester have been doing their thing, and have been doing well playing to their strengths and lucking out time and again, but neither Scum nor City are especially impressive this year. There's nothing to suggest that either of those will "click" and win the remainder of their games.

We have been the best team in the PL this season. If luck had been evenly distributed between ourselves and Leicester, we'd be leading them by 15 points or more.

This is the fact that keeps coming back to me as well. Leicester have been doing their thing, and have been doing well playing to their strengths and lucking out time and again, but neither Scum nor City are especially impressive this year. There's nothing to suggest that either of those will "click" and win the remainder of their games.

We have been the best team in the PL this season. If luck had been evenly distributed between ourselves and Leicester, we'd be leading them by 15 points or more.

Yesterday first half and Saudi Sportswashing Machine second half are the only times all season where we have been clearly inferior

That is 90 minutes in total after a lot of games

I don't see anyone clicking now if they haven't already and I can see us having another run as its how were made....

But you never know and it's why this is the best league in the world

Not really. That's Leicester. We are behind them, and then there's a load of teams slightly behind us.

70 points. Forget the title. Get to 70 first ,and then we'll see if there's any time left to chase fantasies.

Not really. That's Leicester. We are behind them, and then there's a load of teams slightly behind us.

70 points. Forget the title. Get to 70 first ,and then we'll see if there's any time left to chase fantasies.

I don't see Leicester as the best team but we will see that confirmed at the end of the season as the final table doesn't lie

Back