• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Oh.
Well, even if that's true, 6 points from 6 is (almost, as it's actually 7) true; And Vertonghen has been mostly part of that dire stat so he can't really say a thing about the manager in his position imo

6 from 6 at home.

The point i'snt who's to blame.
Its the fact hes referencing this to our other unselected players.

This is the kind of thing that's gonna happen with a huge squad and a manager not picking players on performances. There's gonna start being an unhappy group within the squad.

Last edited:
Oh.
Well, even if that's true, 6 points from 6 is (almost, as it's actually 7) true; And Vertonghen has been mostly part of that dire stat so he can't really say a thing about the manager in his position imo

He hasn't though really has he, that's kind of the point, there's a load of players that have been excluded from first-team league duties for most of the season, who will obviously now be questioning why this is given the absolute turd served up on the pitch recently.

I'm pretty sure Levy will be looking at us getting outclassed by Stoke at home and all the fans holding Levy out cards and then looking across to our subs bench or even players who didn't even make the match day squad and see the likes of:

Vertonghen
Davies
Stambouli
Dembele
Paulinho
Lennon
Lamela
Soldado
Adebayor

And he'll possibly be thinking WTF similarly to a lot of us. No matter what you think about the players in the above list, a lot of them were playing in relatively more successful Spurs teams in the near past and a lot of them were large investments by the club.

I agree, but even this season alone, when has Lennon provided that blistering pace threat? Even when he came on vs Arsenal I thought "great now we can push them back/hit them on the break."
What happened? He became another auxilary LB and hardly got forward. On the surface, you'd think it was to protect Rose, but if you watch closely and look at all the other games he's played, he simply doesn't have the pace/nous anymore.

Sad, but shows what LCIC (and others) have mentioned about his drinking ways being likely true.

He is sadly now past it (in terms of pace and guile going forward at least). I'm sure if he still had that Poch would use him (it's not like the squad is particularly blessed with pace after all...)

Looked like he still had plenty of pace in pre-season. Infact, it looked as though we'd found the old Lennon. He was actually played through the middle a lot in pre-season and surprisingly it seemed pretty effective.

Lennon still has pace, and more importantly at times in his career and in preseason, and his last outing (before being injured), he is can be/work with intelligent players

Dembele/Townsend for me are always a mistake in selection because they continually make the wrong decisions, and it nullifies whatever other attributes they have.

Poch needs to focus on work ethic and intelligent play/positioning

He might have to be more ruthless and become solid and boring for a couple of games though. I just hope if he does this some of us don't start complaining about "not being entertained." Once Poch sorts out our defence the rest will follow imo.
Good positive post, well done that man! We do need to be harder to beat, which can't be rocket science....

Looked like he still had plenty of pace in pre-season. Infact, it looked as though we'd found the old Lennon. He was actually played through the middle a lot in pre-season and surprisingly it seemed pretty effective.

Lennon still has pace, and more importantly at times in his career and in preseason, and his last outing (before being injured), he is can be/work with intelligent players

Dembele/Townsend for me are always a mistake in selection because they continually make the wrong decisions, and it nullifies whatever other attributes they have.

Poch needs to focus on work ethic and intelligent play/positioning

Lennon is a vital player that can play and link up with intelligent players - in theory.

Can I ask, when was the last competetive game that Lennon played and made himself undroppable? I'm sure that if he was in form he'd be in the side.

But frankly he's been meh for a long time. He doesn't even have the pace (much needed in our squad right now) anymore; when was the last time he used pace to beat a defender? Even in he last 25 or so vs Arsenal was he noticed in an attacking capacity?

Not playing Lennon is the least that can be levelled at the manager atm.

Last edited:
Don't agree with you again Billy. Benteke could have had a hat trick in the first half. We got really lucky with his sending off.
I think he must mean the ground staff team.... as I did notice a few divots on the pitch (he definitely can't have been talking about Villa being worse than us)

He hasn't though really has he, that's kind of the point, there's a load of players that have been excluded from first-team league duties for most of the season, who will obviously now be questioning why this is given the absolute turd served up on the pitch recently.

I'm pretty sure Levy will be looking at us getting outclassed by Stoke at home and all the fans holding Levy out cards and then looking across to our subs bench or even players who didn't even make the match day squad and see the likes of:

Vertonghen
Davies
Stambouli
Dembele
Paulinho
Lennon
Lamela
Soldado
Adebayor

And he'll possibly be thinking WTF similarly to a lot of us. No matter what you think about the players in the above list, a lot of them were playing in relatively more successful Spurs teams in the near past and a lot of them were large investments by the club.

In a big squad like ours there will always be times when there are players who are unhappy because they are out of the team.

But let's look at your list and examine closer:

Vertonghen - granted, Kaboul playing atm is illogical, but again Verts has played plenty of our games in PL and in EL. He also played in some of our worst games defensively: Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Asteras (H and A), Villa.
Davies - Not outperformed Rose yet; plus he's been playing lesser opposition and sometimes struggling. His time in he PL will come soon though imo
Stambouli - I want him to replace Capoue NOW! Crazy that he wasn't even in the squad on Sunday. However, Capoue may have been given a final chance. I'm hoping Poch thinks he blew it on Sunday and Satmbouli starts the next game.
Dembele - He made the Stoke squad and was dreadful when he came on. Next!
Paulinho - I thought you hated him :lol:
Lennon - Has had many chances and is seemingly going downhill rapidly. Meh
Lamela - He has been a mainstay of the team/squad. He also played in EL so not relevant
Soldado - Again has had chances
Adebayor - Can't be assed

I hear what you're saying about the bench vs Stoke but you have to look at the season as a whole. Apart from one or two, most of those on the bench vs Stoke have been given chances to impress. Remember we are juggling 3 competitions atm as well; I'm sure most will get their chance, but many are only being pined for because one or two of the current first-teamers (i'm looking at Kaboul, Capoue and Adebayor) are playing so poorly NOT because those on the list have been having stormers in the cup games.

Apart from Kane, who has had performances in the cups that have made them almost undroppable for the league games?

In a big squad like ours there will always be times when there are players who are unhappy because they are out of the team.

But let's look at your list and examine closer:

Vertonghen - granted, Kaboul playing atm is illogical, but again Verts has played plenty of our games in PL and in EL. He also played in some of our worst games defensively: Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Asteras (H and A), Villa.
Davies - Not outperformed Rose yet; plus he's been playing lesser opposition and sometimes struggling. His time in he PL will come soon though imo
Stambouli - I want him to replace Capoue NOW! Crazy that he wasn't even in the squad on Sunday. However, Capoue may have been given a final chance. I'm hoping Poch thinks he blew it on Sunday and Satmbouli starts the next game.
Dembele - He made the Stoke squad and was dreadful when he came on. Next!
Paulinho - I thought you hated him :lol:
Lennon - Has had many chances and is seemingly going downhill rapidly. Meh
Lamela - He has been a mainstay of the team/squad. He also played in EL so not relevant
Soldado - Again has had chances
Adebayor - Can't be assed

I hear what you're saying about the bench vs Stoke but you have to look at the season as a whole. Apart from one or two, most of those on the bench vs Stoke have been given chances to impress. Remember we are juggling 3 competitions atm as well; I'm sure most will get their chance, but many are only being pined for because one or two of the current first-teamers (i'm looking at Kaboul, Capoue and Adebayor) are playing so poorly NOT because those on the list have been having stormers in the cup games.

Apart from Kane, who has had performances in the cups that have made them almost undroppable for the league games?

I don't agree with almost all of that, basically it is not the players that are playing bad, its the system that ain't working. That's not to say its a bad system, its to say that the players can't or are not be being told to implement it in a way they understand or are able to.

This (almost) exact same team with Tim was on a points per game ratio that would have netted us 72 points over a season... So either Tims the best manager ever or pouch is doing something incredibly wrong.

I don't agree with almost all of that, basically it is not the players that are playing bad, its the system that ain't working. That's not to say its a bad system, its to say that the players can't or are not be being told to implement it in a way they understand or are able to.

This (almost) exact same team with Tim was on a points per game ratio that would have netted us 72 points over a season... So either Tims the best manager ever or pouch is doing something incredibly wrong.

This is the thing, we know these players can perform a lot better. We saw it last season. We started this season reasonably but things have gone downhill performance wise pretty fast.

If we'd started off poor but got better was the games went on I'd be less worried. The performances are getting worse however

The thing that worries me is the performances not the results, I could take and in some way expected bad results... But having bad results and bad performance is extremely worrying.

This is the thing, we know these players can perform a lot better. We saw it last season. We started this season reasonably but things have gone downhill performance wise pretty fast.

If we'd started off poor but got better was the games went on I'd be less worried. The performances are getting worse however

Just saw your message. Its pretty much how I feel.

One moment someone complains that the man has favourites and needs to mix it up. The next it's that he needs to settle on a lineup and get them playing.

The guy won't ever win unless he can find a way to incoorporate everyone's ideas and favourite players.

One moment someone complains that the man has favourites and needs to mix it up. The next it's that he needs to settle on a lineup and get them playing.

The guy won't ever win unless he can find a way to incoorporate everyone's ideas and favourite players.

Or he could just improve performances and reaults

He won't ever win until he can find a settled system that makes the best use of the players avsilable

Time will tell. It's only been 11 games....

I agree that we are seeing problems with the implementation of a system. I just don't agree that the list of players who were not in the starting line up vs Stoke would necessarily make an immediate difference if they had started (given the EL game on Thursday, form etc).
It s debatable with every one of them as to whether they would have made a difference.
Apart from playing Fazio instead of Verts, I don't think we would have looked at that line-up and thought "man, we've no chance of winning this."

Time will tell. It's only been 11 games....

I agree that we are seeing problems with the implementation of a system. I just don't agree that the list of players who were not in the starting line up vs Stoke would necessarily make an immediate difference if they had started (given the EL game on Thursday, form etc).
It s debatable with every one of them as to whether they would have made a difference.
Apart from playing Fazio instead of Verts, I don't think we would have looked at that line-up and thought "man, we've no chance of winning this."

OK can't argue with that, furthermore i would have to say that the focus on the players is misguided. These are not bad players

OK can't argue with that, furthermore i would have to say that the focus on the players is misguided. These are not bad players

why are they not playing betyer then, we've seen groups of good players perform despite not having a manager before, notably

Back