• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Chelsea under grant and di matteo

if they are decent they will perform despite the system

I think this lot are crap

He won't ever win until he can find a settled system that makes the best use of the players avsilable

My point being is that everyone has their opinion on who the best available players are. We could win two games and lose one with the same team. If certain players don't turn up during that loss, then all of a sudden everyone (the press included) knee jerk and claim that "x" player should be dropped as there are players "y,z and b" all capable of doing that job.

My point being is that everyone has their opinion on who the best available players are. We could win two games and lose one with the same team. If certain players don't turn up during that loss, then all of a sudden everyone (the press included) knee jerk and claim that "x" player should be dropped as there are players "y,z and b" all capable of doing that job.

This; the problem with a big squad where for some positions there is not necessarily a big gap in quality between the options

This is the thing, we know these players can perform a lot better. We saw it last season. We started this season reasonably but things have gone downhill performance wise pretty fast.

If we'd started off poor but got better was the games went on I'd be less worried. The performances are getting worse however

Agree with this. I just want to see progress not regression.

I think Poch should have had long enough now to have assessed the players, decide on their strengths and weaknesses, and formulate his best team and best system.

Here is a revolutionary idea. Select 11 players give them clear instructions and play them for five games in a row. This gets the same CBs playing together, our TWO forwards playing together , our one DM understanding his role and our midfield actually passing to one another.

Who knows, it might even work. Clearly too much rotation certainly ISNT working.

I don't think Poch will succeed at Spurs.

1) The players are not good enough.

2) He won't get enough time to learn from his mistakes.

3) I don't have much faith in him picking the correct starting 11 i.e. the 11 best players in the squad.

That said, I think he deserves 2 seasons at least to prove me wrong. If that means finishing 10th this season then so be it.

3) I don't have much faith in him picking the correct starting 11 i.e. the 11 best players in the squad.

That said, I think he deserves 2 seasons at least to prove me wrong. If that means finishing 10th this season then so be it.

Only if the quality of performances increase dramatically, forget the results... As long as we are away from danger.

Honestly

1. Good enough for what? top 4 = no, beating Stoke, West Brom & Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home = absolutely

2. He has to show he is worth giving the time

3. That really = he is not good enough

10th is not ****ing acceptable, honestly Sherwood/AVB could get minimum 7th or 8th.

I'm yet to see a recent example of any coach that is not delivering, that sticking with them through 2 seasons of sub par performance has paid off in the long run.

People confuse the fact that the 1 or 2 coaches who did stay for a long time delivered good results with the reality that they stayed because they were delivering. giving a poor coach more time does not mean he will get better.

Don't agree with you again Billy. Benteke could have had a hat trick in the first half. We got really lucky with his sending off.

as fans we tend to focus on the negative aspects of our teams performances over 90 mins rather than the game itself (or for some people far less as they only watch the highlights) but we created the better chances both before and after the sending off against Villa. The two goals, Kane free header, chances for Kaboul and Adebayor inside the 6 yard box, Adebayors 1v1 - Villa had nowhere near that in terms of chances and scored with their only shot on target (iirc) BUT we defended poorly as usual and our passing was off so that's what guides the majority of opinions (as opposed to what actually happened in terms of goal action)

We all want to see progress, the question is how long are we prepared to wait for it. Quick fixes rarely offer long term solutions.

I agree. That's why I want to see a five game consecutive team so that we can all see who Poch rates and what he is at least trying to achieve. Then we can at least begin to form an informed opinion as to his selection thoughts, tactics and methodology. At present, it just seems a scattergun approach by him.

I agree. That's why I want to see a five game consecutive team so that we can all see who Poch rates and what he is at least trying to achieve. Then we can at least begin to form an informed opinion as to his selection thoughts, tactics and methodology. At present, it just seems a scattergun approach by him.
My guess is that his opinion of the squad he inherited is not significantly different from Sherwood's, the difference being that Poch prefers to keep his own counsel.

We have seen a reasonably consistent selection of the Premier League team. In fact ahead of Stoke, most fans were calling for change not consistency.

I think that we will see quite a bit of player movement in the next few windows.

My guess is that his opinion of the squad he inherited is not significantly different from Sherwood's, the difference being that Poch prefers to keep his own counsel.

We have seen a reasonably consistent selection of the Premier League team. In fact ahead of Stoke, most fans were calling for change not consistency.

I think that we will see quite a bit of player movement in the next few windows.

Can you (or anyone else) really name what Poch sees as his best 11?

I certainly can't. What I want is to see it so that we can then discuss it from an informed perspective.

I agree that we need to see lots of players go. But it is only when we see what he is trying to achieve with the team that we can formulate a view on him.

I have to say that I am not impressed so far with the five players bought on his watch - Davies, Vorm, Stambouli Dier and Fazio and so the signs aren't auspicious....

Can you (or anyone else) really name what Poch sees as his best 11?

I certainly can't. What I want is to see it so that we can then discuss it from an informed perspective.

I agree that we need to see lots of players go. But it is only when we see what he is trying to achieve with the team that we can formulate a view on him.

I have to say that I am not impressed so far with the five players bought on his watch - Davies, Vorm, Stambouli Dier and Fazio and so the signs aren't auspicious....
Given that we are expecting major changes to the playing staff over the next few windows, I am not sure how reasonable or useful it is to know his top 11.

He's had a few months to assess the squad. He should know what he needs now. The time to judge him is when he has had a chance to fill those gaps.

We all want to see progress, the question is how long are we prepared to wait for it. Quick fixes rarely offer long term solutions.

And are often counterproductive.

Sherwood's fumbling may have got spirited performances out of Ade, Benteleb and 1 or 2 others, but it isolated most senior players and squad confidence/mentality is yet to recover from the damage done.

Sherwood's fumbling may have got spirited performances out of Ade, Benteleb and 1 or 2 others, but it isolated most senior players and squad confidence/mentality is yet to recover from the damage done.

What many senior players were isolated?

Paulinho? Good.
chiriches? Good (and he got a fair share of games)
Capoue? Good
sandro? Sold

I agree that short term solutions can often be counter productive but I do not agree that the blame for the current problem lays at Sherwood's door. The lack of confidence and ideas was just as apparent at this time last season as it is now. I think that the issue is a lack of experience and leaders, something that both Sherwood and Poch have publicly identified as an issue.

Back