• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Shame Hawksbee doesn't know the timeline detail of the 3 summer signings, if he did he'd know there is no stick to beat the chairman with over that.

Poor from a die hard fan.

Tbf to Hawksbee, apart from Ndombele this season, how many of Poch's signings over the last 2/3 years who would be considered for the first team have been signed at least 5/6 weeks BEFORE the start of a season?
Lo Celso this year arrived late, though we know Sessegnon was injured anyway..

Not a lack of backing. A lack of urgency, particularly in the window just gone. I agree with that point.

I've lambasted people for questioning Levy's results, you fudging simpleton.

So another one who doesn't know the situations of our new recruits in the summer.

All we lost out on was La Celso being with us 6/7 days earlier than he was.

Tbf to Hawksbee, apart from Ndombele this season, how many of Poch's signings over the last 2/3 years who would be considered for the first team have been signed at least 5/6 weeks BEFORE the start of a season?
See above......La Celso was at the Copa....after tournament 2 weeks break ...equals the above.

Hawksbee was bleating about this year. Needs to research his rant......or he might as well be Porky Parry

And in the lat 2/3 years we have either not signed anyone BUT if we have signed someone late, we appeared to have done alright? Earlier would have course be better. Probably :) (there must be a stat for it)

That does not compute for some, they are far happier reading between the lines and putting their doomsday scenario on what he says.

Any thoughts on my post just below yours, with the two quotes from Poch? No doomsday scenarios from me, I just think he's pretty unambiguous in giving two very different messages a few days apart. I was just interested as to whether that's some plan of his in dealing with the media, or just him responding differently based on the emotions he's feeling at the time.

Any thoughts on my post just below yours, with the two quotes from Poch? No doomsday scenarios from me, I just think he's pretty unambiguous in giving two very different messages a few days apart. I was just interested as to whether that's some plan of his in dealing with the media, or just him responding differently based on the emotions he's feeling at the time.

Not really, i think you have tried to give a balanced view on how you see them. Unlike some ( the ones i was referring to in my post) who see nothing but doom and gloom in them and more to the point reading too much into what he says.

Hawksbee was bleating about this year. Needs to research his rant......or he might as well be Porky Parry

And in the lat 2/3 years we have either not signed anyone BUT if we have signed someone late, we appeared to have done alright? Earlier would have course be better. Probably :) (there must be a stat for it)

Haha, yeah but that approach had to change, according to Poch:)

I think "turned the club around" is a bit of an exaggeration too, Redknapp and AVB both achieved new high watermarks in the PL era

Fair points. But it's also fair to say neither of those took us to the levels Poch has, though it's of course fair to say they put together some of the building blocks

But as i say, tbf to Hawksbeee, he isn't just talking about this year but the general pattern over the years. When did Argentina get knocked out of the Copa btw?
Listen again. He specifically mentions the last 6 months?

Not saying that it wouldn't be best to get everyone in early, it certainly makes sense (not sure if data proves that) BUT this year you caan't beat Levy up about that. I like Hawksbee but its national radio and the dumb f.cks will lap it up and regurgitate it via their twitter vom.

Getting rid of players has been discussed on here as well and the arguments aren't great for blaming the chairman for that as well.

6th July......bit of travel....two weeks off....lost a week?

Interesting discussion on the Friday Night Social on 5Live this evening. Jenas made some good points Asked why any top club would sell a right back when they don’t have a right back lined up to come in. It’s a good listen. He seemed to think that Poch and the board have made errors.

Also this in The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-tottenham-hotspur-era?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Surely Foyth was the RB coming in? He just got injured just before the start of the season.

Listen again. He specifically mentions the last 6 months?

Not saying that it wouldn't be best to get everyone in early, it certainly makes sense (not sure if data proves that) BUT this year you caan't beat Levy up about that. I like Hawksbee but its national radio and the dumb f.cks will lap it up and regurgitate it via their twitter vom.

Getting rid of players has been discussed on here as well and the arguments aren't great for blaming the chairman for that as well.

Talkbrick does what it says on the can so i do not expect any sensible fan will take much notice of what they say on there.

That Barney Ronay article is surprisingly poor. He’s usually very good. He says it could well be the end, but doesn’t really articulate why. Just ‘coz... we’re 7th after six games, for chrissake, not 17th.

I get we’ve been poor for getting on for 8 months, but surely he deserves time to turn it around, given what he’s given us. Half the first team want out, that’s enough to try anyone’s patience and unsettle the squad. But he does need to tighten up his words in the media as they’re not helping.

Oh well, that’s my twopenneths anyway...

Back