• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

EFbEI3gXUAAhbhw

My guess is Danny Rose

I assume this is why Fergie changed his assistants up

Yep. He even said as much, and Fergie was never wedded to one tactical system, set of staff or set of players. After the first few years, Fergie transitioned to being a manager, let his coaching staff run all aspects of training and then switched it up as needed.

Only thing that mattered was winning. For Poch to adapt to his new era, one of the two will have to go - loyalty to his staff, or loyalty to his players. Given how close he is to his staff, that means a regular turnover of players. He's wanted it for a while (to an extent), but he's also been big on not picking up players if they don't fit his ideals in every single respect.

Those two don't match, because unlike United, we don't have the whole market to pick from to get a selection of perfect players to choose from every season. Poch will have to accept players that don't exactly match his ideals at times, and Levy will need to eat a loss and move players on quicker.

I don’t care which player it is, the attitude stinks, the same old message and same old training sessions clearly worked, do your fudging job.

I disagree with Hawksbee too, Levy has been nothing but brilliant, again I lay the blame on the players but Poch’s attitude is a factor.

If they all did the job they were contracted to do and left their ego’s at home they’d all have a lot of medals.

I don’t care which player it is, the attitude stinks, the same old message and same old training sessions clearly worked, do your fudging job.

I disagree with Hawksbee too, Levy has been nothing but brilliant, again I lay the blame on the players but Poch’s attitude is a factor.

If they all did the job they were contracted to do and left their ego’s at home they’d all have a lot of medals.

Its a classic case of a casual Spurs fan being given the platform to discuss our situation and him not being qualified to do so.

Thus laying the blame for the Worlds problems are inevitably put at Levy’s door.

My personal hate is the one where the talk is about players leaving to win trophies.

How many semi finals and finals have we got to, and none of you fudgers turned up. What you're really saying is you want to play for a team where winning a trophy is guaranteed and you don't have to put in the extra mile to win.

My personal hate is the one where the talk is about players leaving to win trophies.

How many semi finals and finals have we got to, and none of you fudgers turned up. What you're really saying is you want to play for a team where winning a trophy is guaranteed and you don't have to put in the extra mile to win.
Not quite that simple though is it. Semis and finals are often tight affairs and you have to be tactically spot on and outsmart your opposing coach. Put it this way playing Son LB or leaving out form player Moura for the final doesnt exactly help the teams chances in such events.....

I assume this is why Fergie changed his assistants up

That was the genius of Fergie, what made him remarkable.

He removed himself one step from the day to day. Over saw it, kept an eye, but wasnt getting in with the players.

That maintained his heir of authority, and allowed him the ability to swap in and out coaches to keep things evolving and fresh with the players.

Ive no doubt he was heavily involved in the detail with those coaches, but not the players. He kept a high enough view that he always had perspective.

Not the greatest character, not the greatest 'man', for me, but my word one hell of a manager.

Yep. He even said as much, and Fergie was never wedded to one tactical system, set of staff or set of players. After the first few years, Fergie transitioned to being a manager, let his coaching staff run all aspects of training and then switched it up as needed.

Only thing that mattered was winning. For Poch to adapt to his new era, one of the two will have to go - loyalty to his staff, or loyalty to his players. Given how close he is to his staff, that means a regular turnover of players. He's wanted it for a while (to an extent), but he's also been big on not picking up players if they don't fit his ideals in every single respect.

Those two don't match, because unlike United, we don't have the whole market to pick from to get a selection of perfect players to choose from every season. Poch will have to accept players that don't exactly match his ideals at times, and Levy will need to eat a loss and move players on quicker.

Great post mate

And that's probably why none of those teams have signed you too.

Well, well, well, look what we have here.....so let me get this right: you think it is possible that perhaps Pochettino in the past might not have been backed by the board, and that lack of backing might be part of he reason for our current issues?

And to think when others suggested such things in the past (or ANY discussion about Spurs overall that was in any way critical) you lambasted them for being such "stirrers", "negative", "children" etc....

Can i get a witness @Legohamster , @DubaiSpur

I think Poch's public outbursts and general moodiness have NOT helped us and have probably effected moral and maybe even the training sessions (i have to say we mostly don't look like a well-drilled or coached team in quite a few games this season).

However, we have to remind ourselves of some of the history here with regards to his requests to "operate differently, "operate like a big club", "get signings in early so we can get them on the training ground asap", "be brave" etc
I have to say, in most of those instances i think Poch's requests have fallen on deaf ears.
Yes, he's probably been stubborn with targets. Yes, his methods may have some kind of shelf-life. Yes, he should have won a trophy by now.

But he has pushed up our outlook in terms of stature and what we accept as "our level" now and often did this without the same budget or club weight behind him like City, Pool, Manure etc. (When i say weight, i mean the club backing him with UEFA officials etc, such as the Juve match - i think Poch had to push Levy/the board to act a certain way to make the club's presence more felt within the hobnobbing that goes on before and after games, though my memory is a bit hazy on this..)

The current breakdown of our football is likely a mixture of Poch himself having a 'meltdown' and the way the club have not backed him as he's have liked over the last 2 years.

I hope he turns it around for us and yes, i hope he wins a trophy. His work ethic and professional approach (up to the last few months at least) has been exceptional and i think it would be good for the game that a coach who has this gets rewarded.
IF he does leave within the next few months, we will know what proportion of this situation has come about from where: if we end up chasing a manager like Eddie Howe, that will tell you all you need to know....

Well, well, well, look what we have here.....so let me get this right: you think it is possible that perhaps Pochettino in the past might not have been backed by the board, and that lack of backing might be part of he reason for our current issues?

And to think when others suggested such things in the past (or ANY discussion about Spurs overall that was in any way critical) you lambasted them for being such "stirrers", "negative", "children" etc....

Can i get a witness @Legohamster , @DubaiSpur

Not a lack of backing. A lack of urgency, particularly in the window just gone. I agree with that point.

I've lambasted people for questioning Levy's results, you fudging simpleton.

EFbEI3gXUAAhbhw

My guess is Danny Rose

If it’s a player that has been offered a route out of the club, hasn’t been able to secure a move, and then decides to moan about that, it’s gonna have to be a player that is thick enough to not see the wood from the trees and given Rose’s prior form on this, I would say it’s probably him. To be offered a route out, not be able to find anywhere, and then complain about the same old sessions when Poch very clearly wants to move players on and have fresh energy, it’s got Rose all over.

Back