• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Pick out some one-off exceptions, but the trend is clear:

Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League-Trendlines.png
I'm not going over this again. We have had major injuries to key players. But Poch has still reached finals and had us finishing top 4.

Yeah, but he made us one. No one else could have done what he did, with the obstacles he faced and the miserlineness he lived with for five years.

I'd argue for him having the right to a bad year here, without us turning on him.
The fact that it's his own high point that we're free falling from is the only reason he still has a job IMO.

The bad year was last year. He's already had it, no room for more.

I'm not going over this again. We have had major injuries to key players. But Poch has still reached finals and had us finishing top 4.
We reached top 4 last season because everyone else was utter dogbrick - our performance didn't deserve top 4 and I don't think any neutral would disagree.

Poch lost any credit he earned in the CL with that limp final performance.

The fact that it's his own high point that we're free falling from is the only reason he still has a job IMO.

The bad year was last year. He's already had it, no room for more.

We got to the CL final last year, and finished in the top four. I'd say his bad year is better than most managers' best years.

I see what you mean, but it's been a bad 2019, not a bad season - the rot has been here since January 2019. But we've had bad halves of seasons under Poch, and the only reason this feels worse is because they're back to back, and because this 'air raid' tactic of ours leaves us open.

If this persists for a full season, then he's on thin ice for 2020/2021. But not now. Far too early for that, given what he has achieved here and the man he is.

Results are just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If Poch was getting bad results but I felt like he was running the club like he did for 3-4 years, I'd stand behind him 100% because where he brought us is unbelievable.

But my main issue is with his constant flimflam public utterances. Saying he could go every other week, having a go at the players, saying it isn't his best squad. Add to that that there is clearly discontent with some of our big players suggests a fractured dressing room. Throwing the performances on top of that where, much of the time, we barely look a shadow of what we were early in his tenure. It's falling apart and he looks to me like a man without a clue what to do other than talk brick in the press.

Let him f**k off. Great as he's been, remember he's Mauricio Pochettino who has won squat in 10 years of management. Diddly fudging squat. We're Tottenham Hotspur. Nobody, particularly Mauricio Pochettino, is too good for us. If he doesn't want to get his head down and fix this, I'd rather he fudges off before the likes of Kane, Alli, Son and others decide they've had enough.

Back