• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Liam Payne's bust up with four Tottenham Hotspur players in nightclub

The red-top curse strikes again. Genuinely scares me how much the general public will froth at the mouth about a dubious, sensationalised article.

And these papers are amongst the most popular. Unbelievable. Go for a walk, take a deep breath, have a toss over the girls from Game of Thrones, whatever helps you chill the fudge out!

People are criticising Lennon? The guy's been one of our most consistent and best players over the last 7 years. He works ridiculously hard off the ball every game. He doesn't dive. He doesn't complain. He doesn't get into any off field trouble. Do me a favour.

People are criticising Lennon? The guy's been one of our most consistent and best players over the last 7 years. He works ridiculously hard off the ball every game. He doesn't dive. He doesn't complain. He doesn't get into any off field trouble. Do me a favour.

Ridiculous isn't it. Quite laughable really.

liam_payne_shirtless_by_lollies97-d4tzgh9.jpg

Watch out guys, world heavyweight champion. Look at dat bicep ffs

It's not the players that are trying to improve the fitness though, it's the club. If the manager creates a new training regime than sure, by all means have the players follow it and see how it goes. That is a completely different situation.

I think there is a point at which getting fitter will not help you. There is a ceiling. Beyond that there is no point in training any more. in my mind if the player does all that is asks of them over 90 minutes than job done.

(I don't think we're really going to get anywhere so we might want to leave it there, nice discussing it with you though)

Being a professional athlete means more than just following the training instructions the club gives you imo. It's about being a professional away from the pitch and training ground too.

Yeah, let's just agree to disagree on the fitness thing.

Smoking a cigar merely involves swilling the smoke around your mouth, savouring the aroma and the taste. It doesn't involve inhaling - unless you have lungs of steel.

Consequently, while smoking cigars could potentially give you mouth cancer, it won't affect your lungs or your ability to run around a pitch. Besides which, my guess is that it isn't a regular thing for Aaron. It was possibly even a one off.

What really amazes about this thread is how many people are prepared to take a sensational tabloid story as gospel. The truth is that we have no idea whether or not any of the players involved were drinking at all. Nor do we have any proof that the claimed hour of 2 am is remotely accurate.

Two things to remember:

1. Tabloids love to exaggerate, if not downright lie. At the very least, they're not too concerned with checking the facts - especially if the facts get in the way of a good story.

2. Members of the public love to make big and damaging claims about celebrities - especially if they see footballers and happen to support a rival team.

We have no video or pictorial evidence to back any of this up. Until we do, I'll treat pretty much everything about this story as suspect.

Last edited:
The red-top curse strikes again. Genuinely scares me how much the general public will froth at the mouth about a dubious, sensationalised article.

And these papers are amongst the most popular. Unbelievable. Go for a walk, take a deep breath, have a toss over the girls from Game of Thrones, whatever helps you chill the fudge out!

This.

This too.

But he looks like* a gangster wannabe, apparently, so gets no slack.

* It must be that he looks like a gangster wannabe because Rossi doesn't know anything about what he's actually like as a person

Maybe that's why they are/were poor athletes.

And they were hardly brick players.

I doubt anyone can criticise Lennon as not being an 'athlete' - the guy is one of our most hard working individuals out there ont he pitch.

To be honest - everyone talks about 'professionalism' which is fine but everyone is allowed a break away from that - I bet they were sitting there drinking a couple of bottles between them and giving away a few glasses, as people tend to do in those brick clubs and bars.

As for 'Why is it always the english players?!?! boo hoo!.' How often have you heard of our players getting tinkled and kicking up a fuss? Never. Hitting on a waitress is hardly kicking up a fuss.

It's rumoured that Cactus-Head attempted to make a pass at the waitress, but he misplaced it.

English players will never learn and change, will they. When it comes to Spurs, it is always the English players who are in the news for all the wrong reasons off the field. We have had so many top quality non-English players over the years but none have been reported for any off the field problems. Great example is Bale. For all the praise and awards he has won this season, he deserves to celebrate wildly with his friends. But can you find any news about his misbehaviour ? No ! The English players, especially Lennon should learn from Bale. I think Lennon would have been a much better player than Bale if had been more disciplined and concentrated more on football.

Four mid 20s guys go for a drink FOUR days before playing a football match. No reports or pics of them tinkled up or falling out of the place. Does anyone really believe their performance will be in any way affected on Sunday after having a drink and a late-ish night on Thursday?

Some people need to get a serious grip on reality

I am gob-smacked by the sanctimonious nature of some of these posts! It's the Daily Mirror for GHod's sake... a nothing story from a nothing boyband lip sync-er told third hand... it is just as likely that the players were drinking water, and that this was at 10pm! It's really not a big deal

Four mid 20s guys go for a drink FOUR days before playing a football match. No reports or pics of them tinkled up or falling out of the place. Does anyone really believe their performance will be in any way affected on Sunday after having a drink and a late-ish night on Thursday?

Some people need to get a serious grip on reality

Very much this

Back