• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2017/18

Tottenham v Everton (17:30 GMT)

Everton have now lost three games in a row following their FA Cup defeat by Liverpool - and I think Tottenham might make it four.

We are likely to see the Toffees' new signing Cenk Tosun at some point - even if boss Sam Allardyce doesn't start with him up front - but it will take him some time to adjust to the pace of the Premier League.

Tottenham are just starting to find their stride a little bit - their only defeat in their past eight league games was against Emirates Marketing Project and the only other game where they have dropped points in that run was against West Ham.

Allardyce will try to contain Spurs and keep them out, but I don't think he will manage it.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Tottenham v Everton (17:30 GMT)

Everton have now lost three games in a row following their FA Cup defeat by Liverpool - and I think Tottenham might make it four.

We are likely to see the Toffees' new signing Cenk Tosun at some point - even if boss Sam Allardyce doesn't start with him up front - but it will take him some time to adjust to the pace of the Premier League.

Tottenham are just starting to find their stride a little bit - their only defeat in their past eight league games was against Emirates Marketing Project and the only other game where they have dropped points in that run was against West Ham.

Allardyce will try to contain Spurs and keep them out, but I don't think he will manage it.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

surprise.gif

Southampton v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

Tottenham are ticking along nicely at the moment - since their defeat by Emirates Marketing Project in December, they have taken 13 points out of a possible 15 and a number of their players have hit form.

Southampton, in contrast, have not won any of their past 10 games but they should have beaten Watford last time out and I was impressed by how calmly Saints boss Mauricio Pellegrino reacted to the Hornets' 90th-minute handball equaliser.

Pellegrino badly needs a win soon, because he might not get too much longer to turn things around - but I don't see him getting it this weekend.

Whatever happens, I hope Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino gets a good reception at St Mary's Stadium, where he did a fabulous job. He deserves some appreciation.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Tottenham are ticking along nicely at the moment - since their defeat by Emirates Marketing Project in December, they have taken 13 points out of a possible 15 and a number of their players have hit form.

Southampton, in contrast, have not won any of their past 10 games but they should have beaten Watford last time out and I was impressed by how calmly Saints boss Mauricio Pellegrino reacted to the Hornets' 90th-minute handball equaliser.

Pellegrino badly needs a win soon, because he might not get too much longer to turn things around - but I don't see him getting it this weekend.

Whatever happens, I hope Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino gets a good reception at St Mary's Stadium, where he did a fabulous job. He deserves some appreciation.

Fcuk me with a feather, who'd-a-thunk it?

He’s doing this on purpose to wind us up now.

why do people reply to this pointless thread, unless you want to validate the predictions of a failed pundit ?

Newport County v Tottenham (17:30 GMT)

Newport are in great form, with a run of just one defeat in a 12-game spell that includes their win over Leeds in round three.

Tottenham are in good shape too, however, and I don't see a shock happening here.

Even if Spurs rest the likes of Harry Kane for this game because Manchester United are next up at Wembley, then they have got back-up players who are good enough to keep winning in the FA Cup.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3

Tottenham v Man Utd (20:00 GMT)

I don't think a draw is much good for both teams - United are looking to cement their place in the top three and Tottenham are trying to break into it.

But I don't think United boss Jose Mourinho will be thinking what damage can his players do to Spurs - he will be thinking what damage can Spurs do to us and will alter his line-up accordingly.

United will still try to nick a goal, of course, but there is no way they will go there and look to completely dominate the game or even to try to open Spurs up.

They did the latter against Arsenal at the Emirates in December, and were able to hurt them on the break, but this Spurs team is set up very differently, and I think the home side will win it.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Great minds think alike...

Merson's prediction
I watched United at Burnley and they were very efficient. They weren't really playing free-flowing attacking football and they struggled to break Burnley down. This will be a difficult game for them because I just can't see how they will outscore Spurs.

Jose Mourinho will go to Wembley and set his side up not to get beat. With Alexis Sanchez on board that little bit of extra quality gives them a big chance but if Tottenham can get their full strength side out they'll be very difficult to stop.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

http://www.skysports.com/football/tottenham-vs-man-utd/373346

Tottenham v Man Utd (20:00 GMT)

I don't think a draw is much good for both teams - United are looking to cement their place in the top three and Tottenham are trying to break into it.

But I don't think United boss Jose Mourinho will be thinking what damage can his players do to Spurs - he will be thinking what damage can Spurs do to us and will alter his line-up accordingly.

United will still try to nick a goal, of course, but there is no way they will go there and look to completely dominate the game or even to try to open Spurs up.

They did the latter against Arsenal at the Emirates in December, and were able to hurt them on the break, but this Spurs team is set up very differently, and I think the home side will win it.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Should've stuck with the usual drill. Twunt.

Liverpool v Tottenham (16:30 GMT)

Liverpool's win at Huddersfield on Tuesday was a result the Reds needed in every way - a clean sheet and no mistakes at the back, and they created enough chances to win easily.

Dejan Lovren did not have a very good day when these two sides met at Wembley earlier in the season, and Tottenham ran out 4-1 winners.

So Liverpool owe them one, but I don't see them getting their own back on Sunday.

Spurs showed against Manchester United that they are in good shape at the moment, and they have not lost since their defeat by Emirates Marketing Project in December. I see that run continuing.

I am a fan of Tottenham's new signing Lucas Moura too. The Brazilian is very quick and gives them something they have not otherwise got down the right.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Back