• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2017/18

Man Utd v Tottenham (FA Cup semi-final, 17:15 BST)

Tottenham are at 'home' because they have played at Wembley but there will be a very different feel to this game - there will be as many United fans there as Spurs supporters for starters.

United have played that many times at Wembley in the past few years - four times in the past two years - that it will not hold any surprises for them.

It is a lot harder to predict what sort of performance we will see from Jose Mourinho's side, however.

It was just nuts for them to lose at home to West Brom last weekend, after winning a crazy Manchester derby the week before that.

United followed that by beating Bournemouth comfortably on Wednesday, and that is kind of where they are at the moment - very up and down.

I don't think this tie will be anything like United's trip to Wembley in January, when they went a goal down after 11 seconds and lost 2-0.

I just don't see it being a feast of football this time, and Mourinho will not want another open game. If Spurs score early again then of course that changes things, but he will keep things tight for as long as he can.

Both teams will be thinking if they get through this round they can win the competition - Southampton are battling relegation and Chelsea are not the side they were last season.

So this is the chance for both of them to win a trophy. Mourinho keeps telling us how many things he has won, and where, so we know how much it will mean to him if United do reach the final and go on to win it.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has always put the emphasis on his side's league position as a gauge of their progress, and he is dead right to do that.

But along the way it is just nice to win a trophy. If he manages that, it will stop people saying 'Tottenham? Good team, qualified for the Champions League, but they still haven't won anything under Pochettino."

Lawro's prediction: 1-1 AET - Man Utd to win on penalties.

But along the way it is just nice to win a trophy. If he manages that, it will stop people saying 'Tottenham? Good team, qualified for the Champions League, but they still haven't won anything under Pochettino."

Wrong, you filthy slag.

Once we win a trophy, people will start saying 'Tottenham? Good team, won the FA cup, but they still haven't won the PL or CL under Pochettino.'

Wrong, you filthy slag.

Once we win a trophy, people will start saying 'Tottenham? Good team, won the FA cup, but they still haven't won the PL or CL under Pochettino.'
Maybe they will, but would still rather they were saying that than not won any trophies under him. And he's right, it is just nice to win a trophy - maybe its been so long you've forgotten what that feeling is like....

It is kind if daft to give that as a reason why winning a trophy is important. It's not as if Poch and the players won't be doing everything they can to win the game on Saturday (the resting of players in the league should be a clue to the priority now). They are not going to be thinking we must try a bit harder because people will say we haven't won a trophy under Poch.

Wrong, you filthy slag.

It's why I'd have swapped it for 3 points against Brighton. Their sacking the sad old git down the round and he's won christ knows how many of the bloody things, it now means diddle and arsenal would the swap all of them for a place in the champions league next season.

Maybe they will, but would still rather they were saying that than not won any trophies under him. And he's right, it is just nice to win a trophy - maybe its been so long you've forgotten what that feeling is like....

The word that stands out is "nice"......
If we win great but we have much bigger fish to fry.

I'll keep posting "why" until this thread is retired, who cares what this clown thinks?

Tottenham v Watford (20:00 BST)

Harry Kane does not quite look fit to me, although he has had since last Tottenham's FA Cup semi-final defeat last Saturday to try to change that.

Watford have inched their way to safety and I think they will be fine now with 38 points - you could not say they have done it in style, though, because they have not won for six matches.

I cannot see them ending that run on Monday night, either - Spurs will win at Wembley this time.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Harry Kane does not quite look fit to me, although he has had since last Tottenham's FA Cup semi-final defeat last Saturday to try to change that.

Watford have inched their way to safety and I think they will be fine now with 38 points - you could not say they have done it in style, though, because they have not won for six matches.

I cannot see them ending that run on Monday night, either - Spurs will win at Wembley this time.

I'm glad I was sitting down before I saw this shock prediction.

Finally!

West Brom v Tottenham

I have not called West Brom 'in-form' for a while but the results just keep coming for the Baggies under caretaker boss Darren Moore.

There is speculation that player power is the reason Puel's job is under threat at Leicester but it appears that it played its part in Alan Pardew's struggles as Baggies boss too.

What other conclusion could you possibly draw from their upturn in form since Pardew left?

Moore has done brilliantly but you have to be very careful before you give him the job permanently.

His situation now is very different to how it would be in the summer, because at the moment there is absolutely no pressure on him or his team.

This is where the Baggies revival ends, though. They need to win to have any chance of staying up, but I see them being beaten by Tottenham.

Spurs are almost certain of a top-four place after their win against Watford on Monday and they will be home and hosed if they win this game too.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

I read last week that we’re top of the table based on his predictions. The twunt loves us.

Can’t believe he’s gone for 2-0 again.

West Brom v Tottenham

Spurs are almost certain of a top-four place after their win against Watford on Monday and they will be home and hosed if they win this game too.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Ignorant twunt. Mister Malaprop.

I read last week that we’re top of the table based on his predictions. The twunt loves us.

Can’t believe he’s gone for 2-0 again.

Even above Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project?
I see he's predicted a 4-0 win for Emirates Marketing Project, I don't recall such a thing ever before.

Even above Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project?
I see he's predicted a 4-0 win for Emirates Marketing Project, I don't recall such a thing ever before.

So they said on the bbc site last week although City had a game in hand at the time.

Don’t think he meant to predict 4-0. He just hit the 2 button twice in quick succession.

Back