• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2015/16

Tottenham v Leicester (20:00 GMT)

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri will have taken more away from his side's FA Cup draw with Tottenham on Sunday than Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino.

The Foxes were missing quite a few regular starters but they carried a real threat and were quite unlucky not to win the game.

I just think this game will be completely different, though, especially because I cannot see striker Jamie Vardy returning from injury yet.

Tottenham will be much improved with their strongest line-up, and should take the points.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Some fantastic stuff this week:

Lawro said:
I have been getting some stick for some of my West Ham predictions, because Slaven Bilic's side would be in the bottom three if they had actually happened (see table below).

I certainly don't have anything against West Ham, though. In fact I almost joined them as a teenager - they offered me an apprenticeship before I joined my hometown team Preston.

I have been wrong about them a lot this season so I am sure their fans will not mind that I am tipping them to lose again this week.

Lawro said:
I think Liverpool are better against teams who let them play a little bit, which is what Arsenal will do on Wednesday.

Every week a new reason why Liverpool will suddenly click into gear.

Lawro said:
When he had won a couple of games a month or so ago, some Reds fans starting saying they could win the title, not just make the top four - but I think we have seen from their results over the past few weeks that they are still a long way from both.

Lawro said:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine drew 0-0 at Old Trafford in August, in Van Gaal's first stalemate of the season. This game also has an uninspiring draw written all over it.

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri will have taken more away from his side's FA Cup draw with Tottenham on Sunday than Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino.

The Foxes were missing quite a few regular starters but they carried a real threat and were quite unlucky not to win the game.

I just think this game will be completely different, though, especially because I cannot see striker Jamie Vardy returning from injury yet.

Tottenham will be much improved with their strongest line-up, and should take the points.

A real threat to cross the halfway line given the right circumstances?

Given he seems to get every one on of our results the wrong way round I say give Leicester the 3 points now.

Tottenham v Sunderland (12:45 GMT)

Losing so late on against Leicester on Wednesday night was a big blow to Tottenham, but I still think they have got a great chance of finishing in the top four.

I have heard a lot of people asking 'why can't Spurs win the league?' in the past couple of weeks, but they draw too many games for that - they have drawn as many as they have won.

Sunderland got a great win at relegation rivals Swansea and will be buoyed by that, but the last thing they needed was for Spurs to be beaten by the Foxes because I think we will see a reaction to that defeat from Mauricio Pochettino's men.

You might have noticed an alternative Premier League table doing the rounds recently. It’s based on thatch-haired Nostradamus and Pointless contestant Mark “Lawro” Lawrenson’s weekly predictions, which are presumably made after he’s finished explaining why the internet will never catch on, and he’s got struggling champions Chelsea four points off leaders Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool Football Club riding high in fourth place, West Brom in fifth and Tottenham 13 points off the top four, while down at the bottom West Ham are languishing in 19th with 11 points (actual position: fifth with 35 points), Watford are 18th thanks to a slightly superior goal difference (actual position: 10th with 29 points) and Leicester 17th with 13 points (actual position: joint top with 43 points). Oh, Lawro! That’s as bad as being asked for a country beginning with ‘A’ and coming up with, say, Alaska.

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

Tottenham have the odd blip but they always bounce back, which is the sign of a good side.

Spurs won three in a row after losing at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine before Christmas, andt hey took Sunderland apart last week after being beaten by Leicester.

I am going for another Spurs win here too. I was at the Etihad last week to see Crystal Palace beaten 4-0 by Emirates Marketing Project, and they did not carry much of a goal threat.

The Eagles have not scored in any of their past five league games, so it was clearly not just a one-off.

Lawro's prediction: 0-1

Thanks Lawro, you fudging plank!

A team doesn't score in five games, so it clearly wasn't a one-off!? Really!? No fudging way.

Absolute fudging tossing plank head.

Colchester v Tottenham (12:45 GMT)

Colchester are on a dreadful run in League One, and are bottom of the table without a league win since 20 October.

I would expect Tottenham to rest most of their first-choice team, but I would still expect them to win comfortably.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Norwich v Tottenham
Norwich clearly have to improve on their defensive showing in their 5-4 defeat by Liverpool. I sometimes talk about teams leaking goals, but that was more of a torrent.

But they look much better going forward with Steven Naismith in the team and I think he will show again why he is an excellent signing.

Tottenham are a very efficient team but they will seriously miss the injured Jan Vertonghen at centre-back, so I am going to go for an upset here.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1.

Back