• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2015/16

Capital One Cup final: Liverpool v Emirates Marketing Project (16:30 GMT)

Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge

Jurgen Klopp

City have got the better players but I think this will be one of those games where Liverpool's manager gets them over the line.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

because he has such a great record of doing that so far?

Tottenham v Swansea (14:05 GMT)

Tottenham played poorly against Crystal Palace and are out of the FA Cup but I am not reading too much into that performance, or the result.

People will ask 'are they tired?' especially because they play in the Europa League again ahead of this weekend, but they just had one bad game.

I don't expect the same to happen against Swansea, who are still teetering a bit above the drop zone.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Did we play poorly? really? He also said before a recent game that we do not shoot at the goal enough (or something along those lines)...

Yeah, I noticed that. Bad result but not a bad game and didn't play poorly.
TWUNT!! (It's worth leaving lurker-land just to be able to use that word!).

West Ham v Tottenham
A lot of people are looking at Tottenham and thinking they can win the league - and they probably think they can themselves as well.

But this is a tough game for them because West Ham are not just a skilful side, they are very strong too.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

_88423550_lawro-league-table.jpg

+/- DENOTE POSITION DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAWRO'S TABLE AND REAL TABLE
POS
TEAM P W D L PTS +/-
Arsenal 27 19 8 0 65 +2
2. Emirates Marketing Project 26 20 5 1 65 +2
3. Chelsea 27 18 7 2 61 +8
4. Liverpool 26 15 11 0 56 +5
5. Southampton 27 15 3 9 48 +2
6. West Brom 27 14 6 7 48 +7
7. Man Utd 27 12 11 4 47 -2
8. Tottenham 27 13 8 6 47 -6
9. Crystal Palace 27 11 7 9 40 +5
10. Everton 26 9 7 10 34 +2
11. Saudi Sportswashing Machine 26 8 8 10 32 +7
12. Norwich 27 10 2 15 32 +5
13. Stoke 27 7 6 14 27 -5
14. Bournemouth 27 7 5 15 26 +1
15. Leicester 27 5 9 13 24 -14
16. Swansea 27 4 12 11 24 0
17. Sunderland 27 5 7 15 22 +2
18. West Ham 27 4 6 17 18 -12
19. Watford 27 2 7 18 13 -9
20. Aston Villa 27 1 3 23 6 0

Tottenham v Arsenal (12:45 GMT)

It's the same old story for Arsenal - they are just not good enough defensively to keep out the opposition when things are not happening for them up front.

But Tottenham's performance when they lost to West Ham on Wednesday was also worrying.

The result itself was not that surprising, because I did not expect them to win at Upton Park, but the biggest problem was that they are going for the title and they basically did not turn up.

After Arsenal went 1-0 up against Swansea, they should have gone on to win by three or four, but maybe I should not be too shocked that they didn't - because they always let you down.

Both teams have got some excellent players and, if they play as well as we know they can, they are both capable of winning.

But I am going to go for a draw - the result that would suit leaders Leicester down to the ground.

Tottenham v Arsenal (12:45 GMT)

It's the same old story for Arsenal - they are just not good enough defensively to keep out the opposition when things are not happening for them up front.

But Tottenham's performance when they lost to West Ham on Wednesday was also worrying.

The result itself was not that surprising, because I did not expect them to win at Upton Park, but the biggest problem was that they are going for the title and they basically did not turn up.

After Arsenal went 1-0 up against Swansea, they should have gone on to win by three or four, but maybe I should not be too shocked that they didn't - because they always let you down.

Both teams have got some excellent players and, if they play as well as we know they can, they are both capable of winning.

But I am going to go for a draw - the result that would suit leaders Leicester down to the ground.

Le Twunt, il est extreme ! Incroyable. I like the le scum 'always let you down'

Also that we 'did not turn up' which is pretty accurate for the first half v the spammers.

I'm hoping le Twunt il est faux.

It is not that Spurs didnt turn up. There is only so much you can do when you are fouled so much and the ref turns a blind eye to it,

Now now, let's not make excuses! Yes there were the odd missed foul, but to be fair to West Ham they set up to stifle us and succeeded. Our passing as a result was very poor and we created sweet fa as lost the midfield battle. (On a side not, Lamela HAS to learn quickly about how many touches he needs before passing!)

Now now, let's not make excuses! Yes there were the odd missed foul, but to be fair to West Ham they set up to stifle us and succeeded. Our passing as a result was very poor and we created sweet fa as lost the midfield battle. (On a side not, Lamela HAS to learn quickly about how many touches he needs before passing!)

I agree, but some fans love a excuse or someone/something to blame.

Correct. The ref made a couple of bad calls against us, but I didn't find the officiating as atrocious. We need to be able to play through all kinds of adversity. That's the sign of a great team. We're definitely on our way there.

That's what happen when you make yourself a target, as a team you have to cope with it. We can't complain we've committed the most fouls in the league.

Correct. The ref made a couple of bad calls against us, but I didn't find the officiating as atrocious. We need to be able to play through all kinds of adversity. That's the sign of a great team. We're definitely on our way there.

And that for me is why the West Ham defeat didn't quite feel so bad. I couldn't come away bemoaning our luck, complaining about the ref or an offside goal that decided it. West Ham weren't great by any means, but they did a job on us tactically and we were brick in our response. It happens. No complaints.

Defeat again tomorrow however, is an entirely different ball game!!

Back