• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2015/16

It's still enough to currently be second in the GG prediction league. :eek:

How many people enter weekly? I participated early in the season, forgot a few weeks, then kinda gave up. Knowing that I've inadvertently strengthened the Twunt's hand has made me disappointed that I've stopped.

How many people enter weekly? I participated early in the season, forgot a few weeks, then kinda gave up. Knowing that I've inadvertently strengthened the Twunt's hand has made me disappointed that I've stopped.

No more than a dozen.

I got 7 points today (two perfect scorelines), but somehow Lawro has eaten up my entire advantage over him with a whopping 14 from 7 games (3 winning scorelines, both draws and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to lose correctly predicted).

Everton v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

Everton will concede because they are not the best defensively. In fact their defence, with the likes of Seamus Coleman and Leighton Baines at full-back, might be better going forward than they are defending.

Phil Jagielka -who has been out for a couple of months with a knee injury- might have to be pressed into service sooner rather than later.

At the other end, it will be interesting to see Romelu Lukaku going up against fellow Belgians Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen in the Spurs defence.

Everton have not won at home since beating Villa on 21 November.I think they are due one.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Everton will concede because they are not the best defensively. In fact their defence, with the likes of Seamus Coleman and Leighton Baines at full-back, might be better going forward than they are defending.

Phil Jagielka -who has been out for a couple of months with a knee injury- might have to be pressed into service sooner rather than later.

At the other end, it will be interesting to see Romelu Lukaku going up against fellow Belgians Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen in the Spurs defence.

Everton have not won at home since beating Villa on 21 November.I think they are due one.

You're keeping it up, I'm soooo happy for you :D

West Ham v Liverpool (12:45 GMT)

Liverpool look more of a threat away from home at the moment. They are creating so many chances on the road but Christian Benteke - who has scored the matchwinner in their last two games - is a dilemma for Jurgen Klopp.

Liverpool's recent away games:

Sunderland 0-1 Liverpool
Watford 3-0 Liverpool
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-0 Liverpool

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Crystal Palace v Chelsea (13:30 GMT)

Caretaker boss Guus Hiddink has drawn his first two games in charge of Chelsea, meaning that the champions have won only two of their last 10 games in the league.

Crystal Palace's form: DDWWDW

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

West Ham v Liverpool (12:45 GMT)

Liverpool look more of a threat away from home at the moment. They are creating so many chances on the road but Christian Benteke - who has scored the matchwinner in their last two games - is a dilemma for Jurgen Klopp.

Liverpool's recent away games:

Sunderland 0-1 Liverpool
Watford 3-0 Liverpool
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-0 Liverpool

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

So how did that work out ?

So - having returned from purchasing a new kettle and watching Wet Spam do the deed againg Liverwhinge - I caught up on Football Focus.

I get the feeling that someone in the Beeb fancies Tom Carroll.

Generally they all spoke well of Spurs. The loaning out of players and other factotors were seen as strenghths. While no-one wanted to contradict the Twuntmeister, they did seem taken aback by his adamant refusal to consider Spurs chance of winning PL.

Kevin Kilbane ..... [positional strengths blah blah], "they've got to be serious title candidates ... etc etc. Why can't they mainain their form and push on to the title ?"

TwuntMeister "He's the key - Harry Kane. If he can keep him fit and scoring...."

Dan Walker ... to Twuntetta: "So, if he's fit and scoring ... they're a title shot for you?"

Twunt ... "No. They'll finish in the top four. They won't win the league"

DW : "Adamant about that are you?"

Twunt of the Year: "I am !"

Until the direct question was put, Twuntie had not a negatve word about us. Then he semed to remember who who was.

Belgians?

fudging twunt

Tottenham v Leicester (16:00 GMT)

Of the other all-Premier League ties, Tottenham against Leicester is the most interesting.

The longer the season goes on, the more impressive Spurs look. They have a very good chance of making the top four, but I don't think they can win the title.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino strikes me as a guy who will put all of his eggs in one basket and concentrate on the Premier League, and Claudio Ranieri is likely to do the same with Leicester.

Spurs have got a squad that allows him to make changes, as they have shown in the Europa League, and that could be the difference on Sunday because I am not sure the Foxes have the same.

2-0

Tottenham v Leicester (16:00 GMT)

Of the other all-Premier League ties, Tottenham against Leicester is the most interesting.

The longer the season goes on, the more impressive Spurs look. They have a very good chance of making the top four, but I don't think they can win the title.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino strikes me as a guy who will put all of his eggs in one basket and concentrate on the Premier League, and Claudio Ranieri is likely to do the same with Leicester.

Spurs have got a squad that allows him to make changes, as they have shown in the Europa League, and that could be the difference on Sunday because I am not sure the Foxes have the same.

2-0

I actually agree with him here. But as Leicester are out of Relegation problems. They may well start a Full Strength team. With us at home I hope we can rest a few.

Back