• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

If he goes, he goes with us having plenty of £££ in the bank

Poch will move on and he will too

It's actually quite rare for a player to leave us for better things in premier league terms. We had some go to united when they were top dogs and of course clamball

But then you had people like Carr move on to a bigger side

I rate Walker as the best right back in the country and really up there with the best in the world but I also rate Poch that highly and he has more rah earned our trust

I see what your saying and Siggy certainly did not go on to better things as he may still get relegated, that said he is only one I regret selling as he has proved what a good player is. I really have a thing for him.

I see what your saying and Siggy certainly did not go on to better things as he may still get relegated, that said he is only one I regret selling as he has proved what a good player is. I really have a thing for him.

Very good player and one sold too early but that happens

We need to make sure any signings now can add to the first 11 rather than the squad IMO even if that means only one signing

I wouldn't necessarily judge walker on yesterday's match. We were poor (apart from lloris, Wanyama) across the team. When was the last time Toby was so poor? I am a big fan of Dembele but he did nothing really after coming on. Yesterday's loss imo, was down to a combination of tiredness and poor game management by Poch.

Last edited:
Assuming our turnover increases from the new stadium, increased tv money, CL tv and prize money etc then I would be happy if we increased the spending on wages say £20m - £25m a year based on the kind of figures that have been mentioned in this thread with regards to turnover.

I'm not saying we need to match the likes of United/Emirates Marketing Project/Chelsea because we can't but at least try and get a bit closer to them.
That's £20-25m a season off our transfer budget... (or perhaps a need to Mondale a real profit in the transfer market). It might be worth it, but I'm not convinced that's our best strategy. Keeping wages down has been key to our success so far. And I think it will be important going forward too.

I wouldn't judge walker necesarily on yesterday's match. We were poor (apart from lloris, Wanyama) consistently across the team. When was the last time Toby was so poor? I am a big fan of Dembele but he did nothing really after coming on. Yesterday's loss imo, was down to a combination of tiredness and poor game management by Poch.

Poch has to learn to be brave against weak sides

Mourinhos sides would always be tight against top sides and gung ho against brick sides

Mourinho has hardly ever lost a big important game because of it and he won titles that way

Poch has to learn to be brave against weak sides

Mourinhos sides would always be tight against top sides and gung ho against brick sides

Mourinho has hardly ever lost a big important game because of it and he won titles that way
I think Poch has definitely shown this season he is getting better at changing tactics between games and during them. But get your point about how he needs to improve to take us to the next level. Of course one of the reasons I am such a big fan of his is that he does learn from his mistakes. Let's see how we do in our final 3 games; for me the season is far from over and I hope it is the same for the players. You can bet your house that Mourinho will set his team up like Bilic at the lane with the out ball to one or two of their pacey striker trio. I think we should set up 4 3 2 1 with Son and sissoko wide, eriksen and Wanyama in the 2 like we did in the Palace game? Should be a good game.

I think Poch has definitely shown this season he is getting better at changing tactics between games and during them. But get your point about how he needs to improve to take us to the next level. Of course one of the reasons I am such a big fan of his is that he does learn from his mistakes. Let's see how we do in our final 3 games; for me the season is far from over and I hope it is the same for the players. You can bet your house that Mourinho will set his team up like Bilic at the lane with the out ball to one or two of their pacey striker trio. I think we should set up 4 3 2 1 with Son and sissoko wide, eriksen and Wanyama in the 2 like we did in the Palace game? Should be a good game.

We know that we'll in advance so we should play a team to beat it

Sacrifice Victor and play Dier and Moussa

Or even Erisken and Moussa in midfield and play son in the 3 of a 3-4-3

We have options but we don't seem to always use them as gambles. Yesterday's game was a cup game basically due to the nature of our position and we should sometimes chuck out hand in

We know that we'll in advance so we should play a team to beat it

Sacrifice Victor and play Dier and Moussa

Or even Erisken and Moussa in midfield and play son in the 3 of a 3-4-3

We have options but we don't seem to always use them as gambles. Yesterday's game was a cup game basically due to the nature of our position and we should sometimes chuck out hand in

Agree wholeheartedly with this!

And one more thing, the attitude of kyle in the week, and game, more than your poor perfomance, its one of the keys to explain the horrible friday game, its to obvious to me that behevoir really efect negative in the chemistry of the team and y have to chose betwen he or poch, i no doubt one millón Times poch, sorry for My poor english.

Sent from my ALE-L23 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That's £20-25m a season off our transfer budget... (or perhaps a need to Mondale a real profit in the transfer market). It might be worth it, but I'm not convinced that's our best strategy. Keeping wages down has been key to our success so far. And I think it will be important going forward too.

We haven't been this good for 30 years. We have players who are the best in their position in the league and we have Kane and Alli who are the two of the finest young players in world football who could get in to most teams in world football. I agree we have done an admirable job keeping wages low but I think we're being naive if we think we can continue that strategy forever given much progress the club has shown on the pitch overtaking the likes of Emirates Marketing Project and United on the pitch. I don't think we have to match what the top clubs pay but I don't believe we can continue paying a third of what those clubs pay their top players.

We haven't been this good for 30 years. We have players who are the best in their position in the league and we have Kane and Alli who are the two of the finest young players in world football who could get in to most teams in world football. I agree we have done an admirable job keeping wages low but I think we're being naive if we think we can continue that strategy forever given much progress the club has shown on the pitch overtaking the likes of Emirates Marketing Project and United on the pitch. I don't think we have to match what the top clubs pay but I don't believe we can continue paying a third of what those clubs pay their top players.

Kind of true I think. Hopefully we can be adaptable in our strategy here. If the plan was to 'establish us as top 4 contenders' in 3 ears under Poch, we've more than crushed that aim. So we need to pay the players what they are worth, because justifiably many of them can claim to be among the discussions for best in the world in their positions. There's no justifiable reason to pay them what we planned to pay them. Buying into the project, excitement about a stadium etc just won't cut it.

Not saying we put the club's future in jeopardy, but there must have been a plan to adjust when we reach top 4 contender ship or title contender ship. If we have to bring that forward, and use the additional bonus money plus some of what would have been used on a transfer budget perhaps for the purposes of keeping a potentially once in a lifetime squad together, we probably should.

Kind of true I think. Hopefully we can be adaptable in our strategy here. If the plan was to 'establish us as top 4 contenders' in 3 ears under Poch, we've more than crushed that aim. So we need to pay the players what they are worth, because justifiably many of them can claim to be among the discussions for best in the world in their positions. There's no justifiable reason to pay them what we planned to pay them. Buying into the project, excitement about a stadium etc just won't cut it.

Not saying we put the club's future in jeopardy, but there must have been a plan to adjust when we reach top 4 contender ship or title contender ship. If we have to bring that forward, and use the additional bonus money plus some of what would have been used on a transfer budget perhaps for the purposes of keeping a potentially once in a lifetime squad together, we probably should.

I'd say that the idea was why would the new ground bring in financially

Back