• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Maybe why Walker isn't entirely out the door. Maybe Poch has given it a 'I know you're frustrated because justifiably you can claim to be one of the best in the country, but give us until the summer and we'll be making changes'

Whilst I still think he'll go, I agree with the first part of this. Poch has shown that he's extremely ruthless with people who aren't bought into his ways before so if it was nailed on that Walker was leaving, or if he wasnt showing a decent enough attitude in training, there's no way he would have started v West Ham

im glad its City. He wont improve them defensively, going forward he is not going to make them more offensive. After all, they are coached by Guardiola. They will leak goals with or without Walker and they will score goals with or without Walker.

We will get at least 50 mill. Imagine that, 50 mill pounds for a right back who has improved tremendously but its not as if we dont have a decent back up already (Trippier) in place and also a highly rated kid (KWP) already training with the first team.

out of all our jewels id say Walker is the one i wouldnt mind selling, especially if the money on offer is as staggering as is being quoted. I would use that 50 mill to upgrade the contracts of the likes of Dele, Toby, Eriksen and Kane.

Would prefer £40m-£45m from Barca or Bayern....

Come on Milo, that's not going to happen, we are a far, far better run club than they were. That's like me saying you don't want to go on a cruise ship because.. one word....Titanic

What is the point of going through the upheaval of moving stadium otherwise?

Our wages seem to always be around the same percentage of our turnover, more or less, pretty consistently over the last decade or so - as we get bigger and our turnover increases so will the money available for wages.

Whilst I still think he'll go, I agree with the first part of this. Poch has shown that he's extremely ruthless with people who aren't bought into his ways before so if it was nailed on that Walker was leaving, or if he wasnt showing a decent enough attitude in training, there's no way he would have started v West Ham

I also didnt think he was that bad against West Ham, he was probably the one that opened up the defence the most in a attacking sense.
We got caught out the same way that we did away v Liverpool , West Ham played 2 up and with 4 at the back our FB's didnt know if they should be going forward or back.

Im sure thats roughly when we shifted to 3 at the back to counter this issue! Not to criticise Poch, however it was blindingly obvious that Dembele for Son was the substitution, so that Dier could drop back and make the 3, as similarly wanyama and dier were confused. Dier didnt know if he should drop and empty the midfield or stay as Wanyama had pushed forward.

As soon as we went 1-0 down i have no idea on the formation or changes...

Our wages seem to always be around the same percentage of our turnover, more or less, pretty consistently over the last decade or so - as we get bigger and our turnover increases so will the money available for wages.
Indeed. As I have posted a few times recently our turnover will increase by upwards of £50 million next season. We can therefore add £25 million to our wage bill without putting the club in any financial danger. £25 million is a substantial amount to play with. It equates to an average of an extra £50k a week for 10 players. We should have no problem keeping our existing players happy in terms of their pay packet.

Further to the above. The following season at our new stadium I expect our turnover to increase by another £50 odd million, so the wage bill could grow by the same amount again. At that point we shouldn't be too far behind Liverpool and Arsenal in terms of turnover/wages.

I don't want to see him leave. Since he came back from that loan spell at Villa he has progressed now to being one of our top players. However, if he does go I think we have a fantastic replacement in Trippier who probably whips in better balls from the right than Walker.

We all know that Levy will get "top dollar" for him, hopefully he'll be sold to a Bayern, Juve, Madrid or a Barcelona rather than an EPL rival. I can see him going to Madrid though.....

Further to the above. The following season at our new stadium I expect our turnover to increase by another £50 odd million, so the wage bill could grow by the same amount again. At that point we shouldn't be too far behind Liverpool and Arsenal in terms of turnover/wages.
What about the huge stadium debt that will need to be paid off? Surely a decent chunk of our increased income has already been earmarked to pay down that?

I also didnt think he was that bad against West Ham, he was probably the one that opened up the defence the most in a attacking sense.
We got caught out the same way that we did away v Liverpool , West Ham played 2 up and with 4 at the back our FB's didnt know if they should be going forward or back.

Im sure thats roughly when we shifted to 3 at the back to counter this issue! Not to criticise Poch, however it was blindingly obvious that Dembele for Son was the substitution, so that Dier could drop back and make the 3, as similarly wanyama and dier were confused. Dier didnt know if he should drop and empty the midfield or stay as Wanyama had pushed forward.

As soon as we went 1-0 down i have no idea on the formation or changes...

Yeah...really not sure why Poch didn't act and change things against West Ham. It's the first time he hasn't really done anything. The Dembele sub was late but didn't change the system. The Janssen sub was good but again, way too late.

It was like he wanted to lose. It still baffles me. Was he making a point?

Oh yes, I was waiting for all the comments suggesting hes going downhill anyway. He's one of the best full backs in any European league, end of....

Of our starting eleven, he is the least valuable in terms of future success. I want him to stay. and I think in leaving he will do a Carr, but I think his best days are now and he will slow down further and be more injury prone and less effective down the track. I have always believed Walker to be more of an athlete than a technically gifted footballer. Ironically, one of the reasons for his improvement is I think the fact that he has realised this himself and he has put away, his shall we say, more ambitious moves.

On the assumption that KW does go, is KWP ready to be understudy to Trippier or do people see us buying?

We will buy, a lot of people (at least used to) rate KWP, but personally I've never seen it, to me playing in Poch's system typically requires a physicality about you, and if you don't have the physique, you need to have that strength/aggression in how you play (see Danny, small but strong, physical player with bite to his game).

We will buy, a lot of people (at least used to) rate KWP, but personally I've never seen it, to me playing in Poch's system typically requires a physicality about you, and if you don't have the physique, you need to have that strength/aggression in how you play (see Danny, small but strong, physical player with bite to his game).

Danny wasn't strong at 18 though

KWP needs to develop his physical side but he is still a kid

Back