• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Interesting comment. It's always frustrated me how Walker does this - almost as if he enjoys showing off his pace and so gives them a headstart purposefully! Maybe he does do it purposefully, but for the reason you allude to - drawing them into sprinting down the touchline where he knows they won't beat him for pace, therefore limiting any damage they might otherwise do (if they drop deeper to receive the ball or come inside etc)

Actually he reminds me of Dembele on speed when defending. Walker will always get to the man and put his body between the man and the ball. He doesnt even have to make a tackle, he simply shields the ball. Dembele does exactly that which is brilliant to see.

Actually he reminds me of Dembele on speed when defending. Walker will always get to the man and put his body between the man and the ball. He doesnt even have to make a tackle, he simply shields the ball. Dembele does exactly that which is brilliant to see.

Yeah he's good at that. But I'm talking mostly about when the opposing player doesn't have the ball, and is starting to make a run to get on the end of a pass.

Yeah he's good at that. But I'm talking mostly about when the opposing player doesn't have the ball, and is starting to make a run to get on the end of a pass.

Ah I see.

I think he does it as he gets a better view of the opposition and their movement... he has the pace and the instinct to catch up anyways. Either that or because he is always bombing forward he will always be running back when losing the ball hence playing catch up.

Another very solid game from Walker. Two dodgy moments i remember, one where he got done by Januzai's brilliant first touch and one where he messed up who did what against an overlap situation. Januzai showed against Rose on the other side just how dangerous he can be though and overall Walker had him in his pocket throughout.

There might be a couple better fullbacks in the league, but I don't think anyone is better one on one defensively. Having a full back that just doesn't get beaten down the outside is rather useful.

Yep I agree. He really had Januzai neutered except for that one incident, as you say. So much so they switched him to the other side.

I would agree he has been most consistent performer in the first half of the season.

Interesting comment. It's always frustrated me how Walker does this - almost as if he enjoys showing off his pace and so gives them a headstart purposefully! Maybe he does do it purposefully, but for the reason you allude to - drawing them into sprinting down the touchline where he knows they won't beat him for pace, therefore limiting any damage they might otherwise do (if they drop deeper to receive the ball or come inside etc)

That's how I've always judged it anyway. Obviously earlier in his career he would be found out of position more often and would genuinely be bailing himself out with pace, but now it is much more methodical and consistent. He might get 'beaten' a few times in a game, but it is rare for something to come of it because it is a tactical use of his pace.

Happens a lot less these days than it did earlier in his Spurs career and when it happens it's usually by a yard or two, not a clear run away. In short his positioning has improved a lot.

The way he positions himself to allow players on the ball to take him on down the outside as if he's encouraging a footrace is brilliant. I always enjoy that...

I see what you guys are saying and agree nowadays... but don't forget he is also prone to pulling back or fouling a (relatively) slow player and giving away silly freekicks, when he had 30 yards in which to make up the 1 yard he needs to make a proper challenge, which is stupid because he is 5 yards faster so there was no need to give away a freekick.

I've given this guy plenty of stick over the past two seasons, he still isn't the finished article but he's actually been one of our best players this season so fair play to him.

True.

But I remember Walker making a mistake last season which lead to a goal and you swearing at him and stating you never ever wanted to see him in a Spurs shirt again

I think a lot of us gave him stick. heat of the moment stuff though.

the guy is still stupid as footballers come, but as long as he comes churning out solid performances, he's fine.

Often interesting that the truely better players show up in transfer talk rumors

Bit of media mongering around Walker in the last week, two articles

- One on who Moyes should buy for United and suggested Walker
- Today's transfer gossip in telegraph saying PSG might be interested in Walker

Often interesting that the truely better players show up in transfer talk rumors

Bit of media mongering around Walker in the last week, two articles

- One on who Moyes should buy for United and suggested Walker
- Today's transfer gossip in telegraph saying PSG might be interested in Walker

60M Mill pounds and we'll throw in the other kyle as a bonus.

ugh we shoul've rested him when we could. and we could've had the other kyle there.
too obvious that he was playing all the games week in week out.

Amazed Agbonlahor is still near top on some of these lists. Lennon used to be quicker than him.

Back