• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Not done anything majorly wrong in a very long time. I think under AVB he was expected to do an aweful lot, whereas under TS he is mainly a defender and an attacker second.

I think he has been exceptional this season. Was my predicted our player of the season and I think he has definitely shown it. Today was a mature performance so mature I barely saw him and noticed him

Shows the benefit of buying potential and sticking with them as they learn their trade and make the odd mistake - has developed into a £20 million right back.

We need to show the same patience with Rose.

Shows the benefit of buying potential and sticking with them as they learn their trade and make the odd mistake - has developed into a £20 million right back.

Not sure about that, Walker always was an exception athlete with pace, good attacking intention with some poor defensive positioning that he often made up for with his pace. He's developed the defensive part of the game as well as worked on his threat from set pieces.

Rose for me is a defensive liability who has been shown up several times by players going at him (isn't as quick as Walker to recover), poor passer and seems to have lost the threat going forward. Add to that, once or twice a game he takes a silly shot in some blind hope of recreating his goal against the Scum, even when better options are around.

The way Rose picked that ball out of the clouds today in a tight, tight spot was mightily impressive.

That really was. Aside from that, he looked like a lad coming back from injury. Struggled today with Valencia.

Valencia had out in 15 passes/crosses by half time. Only 1 was deemed good by opta (taken from BBC. Match commentary)

Rose IMO only looked exposed once eriksen came more and more central and he had no cover in front of him so had two players to deal with. chaldi came on and moved left and offered nothing

Rose kept wandering too far up field whilst we were trying to protect our lead. As I've said elsewhere, when we have the lead, we need to maintain a more solid shape so that we're harder to break down.

Man U attacked a lot down the right as they identified Rose as the weakest defensive link.

This. Rose has shown several weaknesses in comparison with the other top left backs in the league, but he is reminiscent of Walker a couple of years ago. As his delivery and his anticipation in defence improve I am sure he will become a top left back.

The only problem is that he is not quite as quick as Walker, which is what makes Walker so excellent now and often bailed him out when his anticipation was worse. He often gives his opponents half a yard in order to lull them into attempting to beat him, before cutting them off.

However Rose seems to have a similar physicality and desire to win the ball, which is always useful, and his movement going forwards is terrific. Am really looking forward to watching him progress - at £1m he is already been a fantastic bargain in the Lennon, Huddlestone and Dawson mould (and obviously Walker, but he was a little more expensive).

Rose kept wandering too far up field whilst we were trying to protect our lead. As I've said elsewhere, when we have the lead, we need to maintain a more solid shape so that we're harder to break down.

Man U attacked a lot down the right as they identified Rose as the weakest defensive link.

It will come in time.. the best way for him to improve is against teams like United at Old Trafford. He will have learnt lessons today.

The comments he made the other week about being told to work harder in training by Redknapp and Sherwood, and the massive progress he has made since with his loan to Sunderland and his performances in a Spurs shirt, seem to indicate he is willing to apply himself to improving his game, and will be able to fulfill his obvious potential.

Okay then.

Zabaleta and Coleman say hello.

Both definitely better at the moment. Coleman over the whole season may be a different matter, Walker has been incredibly consistent and as a defender that is one of the most important traits. Still, Walker has by no means finished developing. He will be one of the best full-backs in the world in a few years provided he can improve his delivery further, and he has already improved significantly in this regard.

Another very solid game from Walker. Two dodgy moments i remember, one where he got done by Januzai's brilliant first touch and one where he messed up who did what against an overlap situation. Januzai showed against Rose on the other side just how dangerous he can be though and overall Walker had him in his pocket throughout.

There might be a couple better fullbacks in the league, but I don't think anyone is better one on one defensively. Having a full back that just doesn't get beaten down the outside is rather useful.

This. Rose has shown several weaknesses in comparison with the other top left backs in the league, but he is reminiscent of Walker a couple of years ago. As his delivery and his anticipation in defence improve I am sure he will become a top left back.

The only problem is that he is not quite as quick as Walker, which is what makes Walker so excellent now and often bailed him out when his anticipation was worse. He often gives his opponents half a yard in order to lull them into attempting to beat him, before cutting them off.

However Rose seems to have a similar physicality and desire to win the ball, which is always useful, and his movement going forwards is terrific. Am really looking forward to watching him progress - at £1m he is already been a fantastic bargain in the Lennon, Huddlestone and Dawson mould (and obviously Walker, but he was a little more expensive).

Interesting comment. It's always frustrated me how Walker does this - almost as if he enjoys showing off his pace and so gives them a headstart purposefully! Maybe he does do it purposefully, but for the reason you allude to - drawing them into sprinting down the touchline where he knows they won't beat him for pace, therefore limiting any damage they might otherwise do (if they drop deeper to receive the ball or come inside etc)

Back