• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

The reason he gets criticism is because the whole team look unable to string together a few passes, so any misplaced passes from him get picked out and blown out of proportion.

Just wanted to give a special mention to Kyle he has been in superb form and at this point of the season would be my player of the year keep it up!

Just wanted to give a special mention to Kyle he has been in superb form and at this point of the season would be my player of the year keep it up!

good post

not quite my player of the year but good post none the less. i was one of his worst critics but right i am glad we have him commited long term

I think he'll always have a mistake in him, but I like Walker. He brings plenty to the table and he's been very consistent this season.

Kyle Walker makes Garth Crooks's Team of the Week

A6150_zps34eb2a89.jpg

DEFENDER - KYLE WALKER (Tottenham)

It was another impressive performance from the England full-back in Tottenham's 2-1 win at rejuvenated Sunderland.

The Spurs defender stood resolute in defence and was full of running in attack.

Walker seems to be showing a lot of maturity in his game these days.

Did you know?

Walker has created 27 goalscoring chances this season, nine more than any other Premier League defender.

Garth Crooks's Team of the Week

Last edited:
Yep another great game for Walker. It's massive for the side, as attacking fullbacks being EFFECTIVE is a very important factor in AVB's system working. Also, te fact that Walker and Lennon are really starting to combine well shone through in the second half against Sunderland, and contributed massively to the fact we looked as good as we have in ages offensively.

Onto the bindippers COYS

After a slow and sloppy start to the season Walker has found some good form. He's never going to be best crosser of the ball, but he's a handful when bombing forward and works hard for the team. Nows he's cutting out the individual errors that have plagued his game recently he's looking like a starter for England at the world cup.

After a slow and sloppy start to the season Walker has found some good form. He's never going to be best crosser of the ball, but he's a handful when bombing forward and works hard for the team. Nows he's cutting out the individual errors that have plagued his game recently he's looking like a starter for England at the world cup.

all he has to do is actually work on his crossing which it looks like he doesnt do at all! When I played football I was right footed, but I taught myself at an early age to use my left and was then two-footed! He's a professional it should be easy for him!

His form has really picked up the last few games, funnily enough that tends to happen when fullbacks start playing with Lennon infront of them :)

His form has really picked up the last few games, funnily enough that tends to happen when fullbacks start playing with Lennon infront of them :)

A good enough reason for Aaron Lennon to be included in England's squad of 23 for the World Cup Finals.

It's not as if England have any right wingers better than him anyway.

He's been good for most of the season. Not disagreeing with you about Lennon as he works his balls off to help defend, but I think Walker has really put last season's poor performances behind him.

This season, he's been cool-headed, strong on the ball and well-positioned to clear the ball out of danger areas. Capable of quickly launching attacks from the right, sorely missing this on the left.

I've been proper impressed by Kyle in our games this week. He seems to have rediscovered his form under Redknapp but with the bonus of being better offensively than he was then.

Still makes the odd brainfart but what's new there, most full-backs in the league are like that I just think we tend to expect too much from them nowadays.

all he has to do is actually work on his crossing which it looks like he doesnt do at all! When I played football I was right footed, but I taught myself at an early age to use my left and was then two-footed! He's a professional it should be easy for him!

But his crossing is steadily improving, just not in any Beckham kind of way.

Long-term, I don't want him to cross, I want him to look for the cut-back or the slide-rule pass across the face of goal. Soldado isn't going to win many headers: ditto Defoe. Play to their strengths.

Although if that's a jump too far, then improved crossing is certainly a good first step.

Long-term, I don't want him to cross, I want him to look for the cut-back or the slide-rule pass across the face of goal. Soldado isn't going to win many headers: ditto Defoe. Play to their strengths.

Although if that's a jump too far, then improved crossing is certainly a good first step.

i agree we don't play the low early cross at all. beckham used to do that quite frequently albeit it was a good mix of low and high crosses.

Yes it is, as is his passing. It's just not improving all that quickly unsurprisingly.

There are crosses and then there are crosses.

The cross he played to Townsend that was perhaps two inches away from being a goal for example, crosses in behind defenders that attackers can run onto is a completely different story to lofted crosses aimed at tall target men.

-----------------------

It's kinda funny how Walker has flipped 180 degrees from being an attacking full back that couldn't defend into being fairly solid defensively, but still lacking real quality when attacking. Says something about how far he's come defensively because those attacking problems were there all along.

One on one defensively against wingers he's quickly approaching top class imo. So difficult to beat him with his pace and power. Means that he can get quite close to wingers without being afraid of getting beaten and that should allow him to stop crosses more than most too. We see and have seen for years just how helpful it is to have a winger that can beat a man, it's just as helpful to have a full back that just won't get beaten.

Standard learning curve:

37-Learning%2BCurve%2B1.jpg

Getting a particular skill to a level that's acceptable at low level amateur football is a lot easier than refining it to the point where it's good at top level club football. Have a look at some of the players that fail in the PL and frankly look outright ****, down a level or two they can boss games and look outstanding.

Being Norwegian I've seen players look outright silky in the Norwegian league only to fall through completely with the higher tempo of the PL. The limited time and space, the intensity, the amount of running you have to do, it all does something to how a player looks technically. Now, the Norwegian league is obviously not any good, but it's still a professional league with players that have worked hard all their lives and players making good money to play football.

I'm no expert on the area, but as far as being better at using both feet handedness has a genetic/biological component as far as I know and there are ranges between extremely right handed (for example) and being properly ambidextrous. You could have a genetic/biological advantage that made it a lot easier for you to become two-footed than it is for others.

Back