• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

No

First key foreign signing was ardiles

Then the next flag ship one was some of the Dutch players are Ipswich in the 80s

Then probably the real marquee foreign signing was klinsmann... who was the best in the world in his position at the time

There was also the European ban in the second half of the 80s, so the best British players (Hoddle, Waddle, Lineker, Rush, Hughes) went abroad at that time, as well as not many new ones coming in.

The Scandinavians did start arriving then though - Thorstvedt and Gudni Bergsson were the few foreign players we had at that time (Nayim too).

Yeah if he was to offer stupid money and we have Trippier in reserve I wouldn't be too unhappy about it. Would rather he wasn't sold to a rival mind....

Terrible precedent. We have to show that we are different from 1989-2013 selling Spurs.

Not one of this current core 15-18 players can be allowed to leave until Dembele and Verts (the eldest two) get past it.

This squad won't start peaking until 2018-19 season. Nothing can be allowed to disrupt that.

Terrible precedent. We have to show that we are different from 1989-2013 selling Spurs.

Not one of this current core 15-18 players can be allowed to leave until Dembele and Verts (the eldest two) get past it.

This squad won't start peaking until 2018-19 season. Nothing can be allowed to disrupt that.
It's not just about a players age though. When a player has been at a club for number of years he can get stagnant and need a new challenge. I don't want him sold anyway,just saying it wouldn't be end of the world....

We need to do all we can to keep Walker ( that's if there is any truth in what is probably just flimflam), the reason ( imo) is that Tripper is not in the same class as Walker. I can see it now IF Walker leaves, after a dozen games or so next season some of the same fans who are now suggesting Tripper is as good as Walker will probably be foaming at the mouth and saying WHY did we let it happen. :(

It's not just about a players age though. When a player has been at a club for number of years he can get stagnant and need a new challenge. I don't want him sold anyway,just saying it wouldn't be end of the world....

That's what people said with Waddle, Gascoigne, Stewart, Ruddock, Barmby, Sheringham, Campbell, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale.

It's the psychology of it. Poch has been trying desperately to overcome our losers' mentality. If we show anything that isn't aiming to be the best, then everything will crumble.

I don't agree with you very often but your 100% right here

That's what people said with Waddle, Gascoigne, Stewart, Ruddock, Barmby, Sheringham, Campbell, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale.

It's the psychology of it. Poch has been trying desperately to overcome our losers' mentality. If we show anything that isn't aiming to be the best, then everything will crumble.
I'm just playing devils advocate anyway but Walker has been at Spurs for around 8 years now, and needing a fresh challenge is a natural mental state it has nothing to do with a losers mentality. Modric, Bale, Berbatov and Carrick weren't at Spurs for as long as Walker has been anyway....

Yes - But it all depends on the players these days..........but I agree

Dele to Spain for €120m-€150m would be the sort of spending that kills all our plans ..........sadly

Its just a matter of time when the likes of Dele get sold. If we start winning things its a different story, we just fail to win any major trophies that keep players happy. Yes we have improved a great deal but we need trophies.

We do need trophies but our progression over the last few seasons buys us time in that regards. The players can see the improvements everywhere, on and off the pitch,so no need to jump ship yet. I reckon most if not all will stay for another couple of seasons and then maybe reassess their future.
We are not paying top wages but we can afford 100k+ for our top earners. It is not chump change.

Ultimately we will need to put a trophy on the sideboard or players will leave though.

Yeah if he was to offer stupid money and we have Trippier in reserve I wouldn't be too unhappy about it. Would rather he wasn't sold to a rival mind....

Terrible idea. We need to hold on to our best players and Walker is the best right back in the league. And if Walker goes and wins a title you would be naive to think the likes of Rose, Toby and Dele and co will not want to "consider their options". And then we will be tarnished with the reputation as a selling team and everybody will hark back to how we always sell our best players - Carrick, Modric, Berbatov and Bale etc.

It is not like we have a history of always spending our money wisely - just look at some of the dross we bought with the Bale money.

There comes a time when you simply draw a line in the sand and say No, we ain't selling, end off.

Last edited:
I'm just playing devils advocate anyway but Walker has been at Spurs for around 8 years now, and needing a fresh challenge is a natural mental state it has nothing to do with a losers mentality. Modric, Bale, Berbatov and Carrick weren't at Spurs for as long as Walker has been anyway....

Walker is arguably the best RB in the world and has improved pretty much ever season he's been with us, especially under Poch. City want Walker because there's no one else as good.

The FBs are probably the most important part of our system, as evidenced by the cost of Rose's absence on Saturday

Walker is arguably the best RB in the world and has improved pretty much ever season he's been with us, especially under Poch. City want Walker because there's no one else as good.

The FBs are probably the most important part of our system, as evidenced by the cost of Rose's absence on Saturday

I am not sure about best in the world, I am simply not informed enough to make a comment like that but I would agree that he is the best in the league and it would be a ludicrous decision to sell him to City or United

I am not sure about best in the world, I am simply not informed enough to make a comment like that but I would agree that he is the best in the league and it would be a ludicrous decision to sell him to City or United

Walker, Alves and Lahm are probably in a league of their own, well above the rest. The other two however are both 33

Walker, Alves and Lahm are probably in a league of their own, well above the rest. The other two however are both 33

I just feel there may be some top right backs out there who are simply not as high profile. I know for a start that the Monaco right back has impressed me

Back