• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

True that. I think we might see another Modric situation, where for instance City - doing it the right way, you know - offer ridiculous money for one of our players and Levy refuse to sell, after which said player end up abroad. Them or Manure. I think it will be one of the Manchesters that might try to stir brick up with us, because Chelski know very well we don't do business with them, and both Pool and Arse are not in a situation to tempt any of our best players away at the moment. (not that Arse would be an option anyway)

My take is City will blow everybody else out of the water in the EPL.
If I was a City fan I would be fuming if they did not try for Dele, but it will be a long summer of paper garbage.
I'm not ruling anything out as that leads to footballing summer neurosis.

My take is City will blow everybody else out of the water in the EPL.
If I was a City fan I would be fuming if they did not try for Dele, but it will be a long summer of paper garbage.
I'm not ruling anything out as that leads to footballing summer neurosis.

Dele still wouldn't fix that brick defence

I never get teams missingbtheir obvious weaknesses

Pool are the same very year spending big on attackers but forgetting they need to stop teams scoring

True that. I think we might see another Modric situation, where for instance City - doing it the right way, you know - offer ridiculous money for one of our players and Levy refuse to sell, after which said player end up abroad. Them or Manure. I think it will be one of the Manchesters that might try to stir brick up with us, because Chelski know very well we don't do business with them, and both Pool and Arse are not in a situation to tempt any of our best players away at the moment. (not that Arse would be an option anyway)

Isn't Mourinho on record as saying recently that he knows we won't sell to Utd? I really believe there is no chance at all that we will sell a player to City this summer.

"I'm so sad" is a bit concerning. Walker is one of those who is at his peek now, just turning 27. We would only sell at close to Bale money.
I think "I'm so sad" just means that Poch is sad that people can't just concentrate on the present. My take on it is that had his English been perfect then he would've said 'it is a shame people cannot just enjoy the present"

It's pretty funny that City see Walker as being the solution to their brick defence...Out of all our defenders he's easily the least defensively capable.

TBH they can have him for $50m. Replaceable.

Ha. He loves Xavi, doesn't he! (Or clearly not, for those who can't read the linked story).
And that last sentence is as close to a tapping up accusation as you'll get without coming right out and saying it.
"Maybe, Xavi is working for Emirates Marketing Project. He wants to help Guardiola and [Vincent] Kompany.”

Poch's English (in press conferences) might appear far from perfect, but he's perfectly capable of making a point if he feels it is needed.

But the reporter (David Hynd) wrote -

'It sounded as though he would not rule out cashing in on a big-name player if it meant the squad as a whole becoming stronger.'

I find it hard to imagine any circumstances other than outright player revolt where he would be prepared to allow the likes of Dele, Kane or Eriksen to leave but Walker just might be seen as someone he can afford to sell in order to raise big funds for a major target especially if said player is feeling unsettled. The fact that Trippier has started games ahead of him this season makes me wonder whether there has been something going on that we do not know about. What we do know is that Poch demands total and utter commitment. If the reason Walker asked for talks is because he has become unsettled it would be disappointing but perhaps not so surprising to discover Poch would be prepared to cash in.

However I prefer to believe he'd raise more than enough from selling two maybe three out of the likes of Janssen, Sissoko, Davies, Wimmer and Onomah.

But the reporter (David Hynd) wrote -

'It sounded as though he would not rule out cashing in on a big-name player if it meant the squad as a whole becoming stronger.'

I find it hard to imagine any circumstances other than outright player revolt where he would be prepared to allow the likes of Dele, Kane or Eriksen to leave but Walker just might be seen as someone he can afford to sell in order to raise big funds for a major target especially if said player is feeling unsettled. The fact that Trippier has started games ahead of him this season makes me wonder whether there has been something going on that we do not know about. What we do know is that Poch demands total and utter commitment. If the reason Walker asked for talks is because he has become unsettled it would be disappointing but perhaps not so surprising to discover Poch would be prepared to cash in.

However I prefer to believe he'd raise more than enough from selling two maybe three out of the likes of Janssen, Sissoko, Davies, Wimmer and Onomah.

I'm not 100% but I think trippier has started less this season than last

Dele still wouldn't fix that brick defence

I never get teams missing their obvious weaknesses

Pool are the same very year spending big on attackers but forgetting they need to stop teams scoring

City will definitely have to pick their players better than the did last summer, that's for sure.
But they can afford any player they fancy, that does mean they will get them, but ANY club who is looking to improve and has the wealth would love Dele and say Kane.

It's as natural as night follows day for good players (Coutinho) to be converted by big teams (Barcelona). ;)

I'm not 100% but I think trippier has started less this season than last
Possibly but how much of that was that down to injuries. Also we were in the Europa qualifiers last season not the CL so Tripps would have expected to start more games.

It has seemed to me that just recently there have been important games where you would always expect a fit Walker to start ahead of Trippier, eg Saturday's SF, but Poch seems to have preferred Trippier. If I were Walker that would make me worry about not getting the chance to appear in a final, something you would imagine he'd be extremely upset about.

Especially as Trippier's recent attacking form has been nothing short of exceptional and we know that Poch always looks to reward performances whenever possible. That's probably why he risked playing Son in the SF ahead of Davies. Davies has been solid enough at the back but hardly pulling down trees going forward.

So what I am wondering is whether Walker is just starting to feel the pressure whilst at the same time asking himself how much more he could earn elsewhere.

Just surmising of course, none of us knows what's really going on behind the scenes, hopefully I''m talking right out of my arse!

Possibly but how much of that was that down to injuries. Also we were in the Europa qualifiers last season not the CL so Tripps would have expected to start more games.

It has seemed to me that just recently there have been important games where you would always expect a fit Walker to start ahead of Trippier, eg Saturday's SF, but Poch seems to have preferred Trippier. If I were Walker that would make me worry about not getting the chance to appear in a final, something you would imagine he'd be extremely upset about.

Especially as Trippier's recent attacking form has been nothing short of exceptional and we know that Poch always looks to reward performances whenever possible. That's probably why he risked playing Son in the SF ahead of Davies. Davies has been solid enough at the back but hardly pulling down trees going forward.

So what I am wondering is whether Walker is just starting to feel the pressure whilst at the same time asking himself how much more he could earn elsewhere.

Just surmising of course, none of us knows what's really going on behind the scenes, hopefully I''m talking right out of my arse!
It seems to me that Pochettino feels that it is difficult for his wing backs to play games only 3 or 4 days apart. While other players in the team cover more ground in the game I don't think any other players in the team have to complete as many sprints as our wing backs. I think Pochettino is just keeping the players fresh through the busy parts of our schedule. Had we been languishing in the league then I think Poch would've played Walker on Saturday and Trippier tonight instead of the other way round.

It seems to me that Pochettino feels that it is difficult for his wing backs to play games only 3 or 4 days apart. While other players in the team cover more ground in the game I don't think any other players in the team have to complete as many sprints as our wing backs. I think Pochettino is just keeping the players fresh through the busy parts of our schedule. Had we been languishing in the league then I think Poch would've played Walker on Saturday and Trippier tonight instead of the other way round.
This. Even last season Poch made it clear that he needed four FBs -- two on each side -- to play his style of football. I'd go as far to say that Davies and Trippier are the best pair of backup FBs in the Prem, while Rose and Walker each makes the top 5 list in his own right. Fatigue is cumulative, along with all the niggly little injuries that get picked up over the season, so it's no surprise that Walker is getting a couple of games off at this stage. Rose would too if he wasn't injured.

Back