• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I thought we played trippier as we knew Chelsea aren't great at crosses (as shown by Alli at the Kane) and Trippier is the best crosser in the country. Nithung more than that IMO

I did find it odd not playing Davies though

I thought we played trippier as we knew Chelsea aren't great at crosses (as shown by Alli at the Kane) and Trippier is the best crosser in the country. Nithung more than that IMO

I did find it odd not playing Davies though

i Guess we'll find out on Wednesday whether that was tactical (as i suspect t it was) if Davies comes back into the line-up.

The thought of Moses and one of Willian or Pedro doubling up and running at Davies would have given me nightmares too - especially on the bigger Wembley pitch

i Guess we'll find out on Wednesday whether that was tactical (as i suspect t it was) if Davies comes back into the line-up.

The thought of Moses and one of Willian or Pedro doubling up and running at Davies would have given me nightmares too - especially on the bigger Wembley pitch

But Son cannot defend like a defender as much as I rate him

But hey it's history now

I guarantee son was hurting but will use it to drive him to better things

So a different journalist: does that not invalidate your point?

Tom Collomosse is still the guy that invented the Sissoko £6m a year story based on him not understanding how football transfer fee works.
He completely failed to see how wrong he was when he tried to explain it on twitter.

I personally wouldn't take his word for anything.

Tom Collomosse is still the guy that invented the Sissoko £6m a year story based on him not understanding how football transfer fee works.
He completely failed to see how wrong he was when he tried to explain it on twitter.

I personally wouldn't take his word for anything.

Fair enough. What about Matt Law of the Daily Telegraph? I believe he is more or less saying the same thing: i am curious as to whether you think he is similarly ureliable

It 'could' well have been tactical. In which case I would suspect that this is just some agent brick.
If he was sold, it would be because Poch said OK.
We are in no rush to do anything with these players as they are on longer deals.
I would not worry.

This is the way I see it (General negotiation issues with Tottenham Hotpurs)

1)Offer Levy enough money. If you represent a compeitior in Leyv´s eyes, you have to add 10%-50% on the offer
2)Convince the player that your club is the next step, both in term of fotball quality/development and money.

To successful, you need so se through both of them and which clubs in the have a resonable chance to do that? The two spanish club, of course, but what else? Maybe, maybe Bayern and Juve.

I think all the native club will fail, mainly due to the quality/development aspect, but also that they will, most likey ,not offering Levy enough money.

I'd want to play abroad too. I cannot think of much better than being paid a fortune and getting to enjoy other cultures. I think that part of the problem with English football (and the English) is that we lack curiosity and a desire to learn.

More so that English clubs pay more in wages than their foreign counter parts I'd have thought

Was it ever the case that foreign clubs paid more in wages? I don't know either way tbh

Yeah. In the dusty old pre-Sky TV days Italian clubs paid more and the gap with other leagues was smaller. We saw some players go out there (Gazza, Ince, Platt) but not that many.

Yeah. In the dusty old pre-Sky TV days Italian clubs paid more and the gap with other leagues was smaller. We saw some players go out there (Gazza, Ince, Platt) but not that many.

Was there many foreign players coming to the English League's in the late 80s/early 90s? Little bit before my time but I don't recall too many from big nations like Italy/France/Spain and Germany etc

Was there many foreign players coming to the English League's in the late 80s/early 90s? Little bit before my time but I don't recall too many from big nations like Italy/France/Spain and Germany etc

No

First key foreign signing was ardiles

Then the next flag ship one was some of the Dutch players are Ipswich in the 80s

Then probably the real marquee foreign signing was klinsmann... who was the best in the world in his position at the time

Selling Walker would be a monumental mistake. He is the best right back in the league and every other player we would put in his place would make us weaker, including Trippier (who I like).

I think this is just a negotiation ploy for increased wages, and he deserves them. Pay him more.

I agree, but IF Walker is looking to move on, I don't think it's the end of the world.
Trippier is an excellent understudy and a better crosser of the ball. Kyle is a top top player, but the marketplace will always prevail in these matters.
I don't want to see any of the current first team leave, but...........

Not by any stretch saying I'd be happy to see Walker leave, but I honestly believe if Trippier was playing consistently first choice he could be at a very similar level to Walker.....

Back