• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

It is something Southampton used to do sell players and replace them with better players from within, maybe the last job for Mitchell and his fabled black box would be to see if Kyle Walker-Peters is up to it?

I was wondering the same thing earlier. Maybe at some point soon, a season of Trippier with KWP as understudy, is in our long term interests. I would have thought that we weren't there yet though.

I was wondering the same thing earlier. Maybe at some point soon, a season of Trippier with KWP as understudy, is in our long term interests. I would have thought that we weren't there yet though.

I have heard KWP is immense!!!! But again, if a sale is made it will because Poch says so. I personally think Walker is going nowhere just yet too...

I thought Matt Law was OK as a journalist but that article smacks of agent talk. There's no real substance to it. I can well believe Walker wasn't happy at not starting on Saturday. Of course, it was the FA Cup semi-final, any player would want to start. But he's not going to throw all his toys out of the pram over that. And I can well believe he (or his agent) would push for increased wages - that's the risk of regularly re-contracting key players with salary uplifts - others want the same, understandably.
It's only a few weeks since Walker was on (Eric Dier's?) Instagram video saying, unprompted, that he was "Tottenham till I die". Now, I am as cynical as they come and far from naive. I know words are easy. But I really don't see Walker as wanting away and I'd be amazed if he wasn't with us at the start of next season (and post transfer window close).

Maybe Poch would like he £30-40m from Walker for a new player elsewhere on the pitch?

Just supposing this were true, is there not a danger in setting a precedent that others would want to follow by agitating for a move? For example I'm not 100% convinced that Alderweireld is totally committed to Tottenham. Maybe I'm completely wrong but I get the feeling he would rather like to move to one of Europe's top clubs if the chance came along.

Then again I trust Levy will do everything in his power to hold on to all of our best players this summer.

Every player has a price and Levy will extract the maximum if Pochettino gives him the nod.
Trippier is an able replacement let's remember this?

Selling Walker would be a monumental mistake. He is the best right back in the league and every other player we would put in his place would make us weaker, including Trippier (who I like).

I think this is just a negotiation ploy for increased wages, and he deserves them. Pay him more.

Dunno who said it with Trippier starting more, but we were with Walker for Everton, Saints, Bournemouth & Swansea recently - 4 from 6 PL matches..

Poch is rotating/starting with who he feels best suited for the time, I'd fully expect Walker to be back in vs Palace barring an injury - but then that would break out the tin-foil hats too if he was :D

We have no idea if the omission was due to recent events at the club or simply due to thoughts for who was best suited for the match, my only fear is that we do not kick-on from the brick that was Saturday (not the performance etc b4 peeps chirp in, just the feeling) and that we try to destroy Palace who make no mistake about it will not be out to give us an easy ride.

I have heard KWP is immense!!!! But again, if a sale is made it will because Poch says so. I personally think Walker is going nowhere just yet too...

I think that what is being referenced here is Southampton selling Clyne to Liverpool with Chambers coming through to replace him under Poch.

People; please bear in mind the handy timing of this. Lets not add to the whispers unnecessarily: this story could have come out before but has come out now because Journos want to make money from clickbait (whilst also solidifying an old cliche of Spurs being a selling club).

At most Walker's agent (who i believe is also Rose's agent) is just trying to get another bump-up in wages: nothing much to see here

I would, however, love to know why he didn't start on Saturday in the biggest game of our season so far.
Perversely, i almost hope Poch didn't do it because Walker was more emotional than most after Ugo's sad passing - because from a tactivcal point of view it was thinking back actually quite bizzare.

Plus Walker played vs Bournemouth, who like Chelski pose a more pacy, stronger consistent attacking threat than Watford (when Trippier played)

People; please bear in mind the handy timing of this. Lets not add to the whispers unnecessarily: this story could have come out before but has come out now because Journos want to make money from clickbait (whilst also solidifying an old cliche of Spurs being a selling club).

At most Walker's agent (who i believe is also Rose's agent) is just trying to get another bump-up in wages: nothing much to see here

Agreed. The agent will get a fat cut of any transfer so is trying to squeeze more wedge for his own filthy pocket!

I would, however, love to know why he didn't start on Saturday in the biggest game of our season so far.
Perversely, i almost hope Poch didn't do it because Walker was more emotional than most after Ugo's sad passing - because from a tactivcal point of view it was thinking back actually quite bizzare.

Plus Walker played vs Bournemouth, who like Chelski pose a more pacy, stronger consistent attacking threat than Watford (when Trippier played)

It is perhaps a final learning curve - humanity being sacrificed for the 95 minutes. Who knows? What I will say is that if it was a reason, then it was the right thing to do in terms of long-term family vibe...with a decent ref we would not be talking about it TBH!!!

Could be something quite simple like the fact that Trippier has already appeared in all our previuos FA cup games to date and Poch was simply showing loyalty. I may have imagined this but I have notion Poch said something to this effect in one of his interviews, that for example he would play Vorm in the final ahead of LLoris because that is the honourable thing to do.

Hmm, maybe...buttttt......the likes of Sissoko, Nkoudou and Janssen were not afforded such 'honorable' loyalty in the cup run so not sure that stands actually...

Could be something quite simple like the fact that Trippier has already appeared in all our previuos FA cup games to date and Poch was simply showing loyalty. I may have imagined this but I have notion Poch said something to this effect in one of his interviews, that for example he would play Vorm in the final ahead of LLoris because that is the honourable thing to do.

Edit: apologies for any confusion, this post originally appeared a couple of places up. But in trying to edit I bungled it so deleted then reposted after glorygloryeze had already replied.

Doh.

Last edited:
Just supposing this were true, is there not a danger in setting a precedent that others would want to follow by agitating for a move? For example I'm not 100% convinced that Alderweireld is totally committed to Tottenham. Maybe I'm completely wrong but I get the feeling he would rather like to move to one of Europe's top clubs if the chance came along.

Then again I trust Levy will do everything in his power to hold on to all of our best players this summer.
Agree, Toby is the one that gives me the biggest concern.
His recent interview, probably 2-3 weeks ago, possibly football focus, could have been Sky, but was very non-commital, ref new contract. Granted, they're well versed in media etc, but he was so clinical the way he closed the conversation down. Then again, he could be just keeping his options open.
He's also already playing outside his native country, and had a taste of Spain, so travel isn't an issue.
Whatever happens, I hope these guys stick together here and give us a chance of silverware, all well and good with a pipeline of talent, eg KWP et al, but we need that mix of ability and experience, the latter, which our current crop, are still gaining.

Back