• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Anyone else wondering whether the fact he's going with Trippier more often nowadays has something to do with this? Was not mentioned in the Standard article that says he's held talks with Poch but maybe there is a connection?

Sincerely hope not but given Trippier has put in some outstanding attacking performances when he's started it makes me wonder. Certainly felt we missed Walker defensively in the SF; especially his speed in closing down at the back. Maybe if he had been on the pitch from kick off he would have been quicker getting back to make that early tackle thus sparing us the pen, because for me it was Alder's relative lack of pace that did for him.

Last edited:
Anyone else wondering whether the fact he's going with Trippier more often nowadays has something to do with this? Was not mentioned in the Standard article that says he's held talks with Poch but maybe there is a connection?

Sincerely hope not but given Trippier has put in some outstanding attacking performances when he's started it makes me wonder. Certainly felt we missed Walker defensively in the SF; especially his speed in closing down at the back. Maybe if he had he been on the pitch from kick off he would have been quicker getting back to make that early tackle thus sparing us the pen, because for me it was Alder's relative lack of pace that did for him.

I said the same thing to the lads when we were leaving Wembley, we got caught out because of our lack of pace and IF Walker had been there the chances are he would have recovered quicker. I am a BIG fan of Poch and he rarely gets things wrong but i said elsewhere that i believe the choice of Tripper and Son as FB's hurt us.

I said the same thing to the lads when we were leaving Wembley, we got caught out because of our lack of pace and IF Walker had been there the chances are he would have recovered quicker. I am a BIG fan of Poch and he rarely gets things wrong but i said elsewhere that i believe the choice of Tripper and Son as FB's hurt us.
I have to agree. If there was a straight up choice between the players on the bench and those on the pitch then I think he made the wrong call for both positions. There might have been other reasons we are not aware of, but if not that was a big call from Poch and probably an incorrect one in hindsight.

I think it may be as simple as he wanted to rest Walker to have him good to play Weds-Sun-Fri. Keeping within shouting distance of the top of the league still being #1 priority. Whether that decision backfired in respect of the SF is of course a valid question. I'd expect to see Walker start all our remaining games over Trippier.

I read someone linking him with Bayern Munich recently but I cannot remember where I saw it.

It would be interesting if he did want to leave because then we would see what Levy will do now players have long contracts, will he hold them to the contracts. I am not deluded but I really can not see us selling players with years on their contracts. I understand city have won the league in recent years and can throw a lot of money at players and Man U are obviously a massive club.

But it is not like when we were struggling to get top 4 or even hold onto a Europa league place, we are a different composition now. I know @milo does not believe it but I think it is just the media trying to destabilise us. Mourinho's comments last year about not being able to sign a player from Spurs and kill them said so much to me and confirmed my thoughts as to what has gone on over the last 10 years with us.

But it is not like when we were struggling to get top 4 or even hold onto a Europa league place, we are a different composition now. I know @milo does not believe it but I think it is just the media trying to destabilise us. Mourinho's comments last year about not being able to sign a player from Spurs and kill them said so much to me and confirmed my thoughts as to what has gone on over the last 10 years with us.

The media couldn't give a fudge whether we success or not, they just want to sell papers and advertising through clicks. Other clubs and managers do have an interest in trying to destabilise us though.

Other than money, I do not see the appeal of City to our players right now. I could understand one of our players wanting to go to Bayern Munich, Madrid, Barca and Juve. Those clubs are clearly a step up from us, will pay big money and you will win things, a sideways move in England makes little sense.

The media couldn't give a fudge whether we success or not, they just want to sell papers and advertising through clicks. Other clubs and managers do have an interest in trying to destabilise us though.

Other than money, I do not see the appeal of City to our players right now. I could understand one of our players wanting to go to Bayern Munich, Madrid, Barca and Juve. Those clubs are clearly a step up from us, will pay big money and you will win things, a sideways move in England makes little sense.

Do you know what and you might find this a tad hypercritical of me knowing my political beliefs but I would want to play abroad, I love Tottenham but I reckon I would have wanted to try a season or two abroad. I always loved travel when I was younger so I could understand if the players wanted to experience a different culture and test their skills in a foreign league.

But how can I say this, our players the English ones anyway they seem more "urban" to me and unlikely to leave the UK. Eriksen I could see as he has already moved countries twice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...de-tottenham-future-end-season-amid-man-city/

Walker is understood to have been disappointed to have been left out of Tottenham’s starting line-up for the 4-2 FA Cup defeat to Chelsea, as Pochettino preferred Kieran Trippier. Pochettino must decide whether to restore Walker to his team for the vital Premier League trip to Crystal Palace tomorrow night. But there may be bigger decisions ahead regarding Walker, particularly if an official bid is lodged by another club.

Walker earns under £70,000 a week at White Hart Lane and all of his suitors would be prepared to pay him much more.

The only way Walker would go is if Poch agreed. And he won't right now. So a non-starter for me.

The club have massive, massive hopes for KWP and he is meant to be the business.

MY take on why he didn't start Saturday is tied into Ugo. I think Poch might've worried about his state of mind. Just a guess, NO inside info whatsoever.

Do you know what and you might find this a tad hypercritical of me knowing my political beliefs but I would want to play abroad, I love Tottenham but I reckon I would have wanted to try a season or two abroad. I always loved travel when I was younger so I could understand if the players wanted to experience a different culture and test their skills in a foreign league.

But how can I say this, our players the English ones anyway they seem more "urban" to me and unlikely to leave the UK. Eriksen I could see as he has already moved countries twice.

I'd want to play abroad too. I cannot think of much better than being paid a fortune and getting to enjoy other cultures. I think that part of the problem with English football (and the English) is that we lack curiosity and a desire to learn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...de-tottenham-future-end-season-amid-man-city/

Walker is understood to have been disappointed to have been left out of Tottenham’s starting line-up for the 4-2 FA Cup defeat to Chelsea, as Pochettino preferred Kieran Trippier. Pochettino must decide whether to restore Walker to his team for the vital Premier League trip to Crystal Palace tomorrow night. But there may be bigger decisions ahead regarding Walker, particularly if an official bid is lodged by another club.

Walker earns under £70,000 a week at White Hart Lane and all of his suitors would be prepared to pay him much more.

I would hope that all of our players are disappointed when they don't start but our fullbacks must be used to being rotated by now and I doubt that there is much weight in the article.

It is something Southampton used to do sell players and replace them with better players from within, maybe the last job for Mitchell and his fabled black box would be to see if Kyle Walker-Peters is up to it?

The only way Walker would go is if Poch agreed. And he won't right now. So a non-starter for me.

The club have massive, massive hopes for KWP and he is meant to be the business.

MY take on why he didn't start Saturday is tied into Ugo. I think Poch might've worried about his state of mind. Just a guess, NO inside info whatsoever.

That would add up because the were massive rumours about him starting the week leading up to it, then with Ugo passing away it had to upset the youngsters.

Back