• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

I really shold get Trippier in my FF now; i can't believe i didn't spot this (i usually do; i've had Kane with Alli and/or Eriksen in recent season to take advantage of the multiple points available...doh!)

Another start another assist.

Should have been at least one more.

Still anyone thinking that Aurier is a clearly better option right now?

Another start another assist.

Should have been at least one more.

Still anyone thinking that Aurier is a clearly better option right now?

Hell no judging by this game. He was immense, especially in the first half. Great defensively bar a few times he gifted Real a little too much space down the flank, and a real threat going forward too. When Kieran Trippier takes on and beats two Real Madrid defenders, you know he's on fire.

Hell no judging by this game. He was immense, especially in the first half. Great defensively bar a few times he gifted Real a little too much space down the flank, and a real threat going forward too. When Kieran Trippier takes on and beats two Real Madrid defenders, you know he's on fire.
On those occasions he just didn't have the support. I think Sissoko (who is usually pretty good defensively) was getting sucked into the middle too much and left him isolated.

He's such a good technician, great touch, superb passer of the ball, first time crosses on the volley no problem, excellent vision. If he had real pace he'd be an untouchable full-back. Superb game from him.

He's such a good technician, great touch, superb passer of the ball, first time crosses on the volley no problem, excellent vision. If he had real pace he'd be an untouchable full-back. Superb game from him.
And so calm when against Marcelo/Ronaldo/Benzema.

I know Alli got two goals but Trippier was a candidate for MOTM for me. Excellent in attack and defence.
I was thinking that too. Everyone bangs on about his crosses which of course are brilliant, for sure, but when he's on song like he was tonight there's so much more to his game than just that. I just love the way he sort of caresses the ball first touch over defenders and into the path of an attacker to put him clear through on goal, he does it with such aplomb but seems to get so little recognition for it.

Another thing, earlier in the season he was constantly passing back, maybe he had lost a bit of confidence, but since rediscovering his mojo he's thankfully far less prone to that negative kind of play.

Also the defensive side of his game seems to have come on leaps in the last few games. He's getting much closer to opponents, harrying and haranguing them 'til he wins the ball, also he is not allowing them to go past him with such ease as he had been previously. So I think we can say that defensively he's the latest of a long and illustrious line to have been Poched.

Welcome back to top form Tripps and well done, you are imo Tottenham's most underrated gem.

The little step over, beat two defenders, whip cross in on a plate for Sissoko was a simply superb bit of play. Just needed the finish applied.

He looked calm and composed for sure. But he also looked really pacey, which isn't always the case.

Our squad is so strong.

Last edited:
A wonderful game from him tonight, but who is not to say that the signing of Aurier has contributed to him upping his game?
Could well be, but interestingly when he was playing poorly earlier in the season one poster (don't remember who) suggested Aurier's arrival was in effect a kick in the teeth for him and would have knocked his confidence.

Either way full credit to him for knuckling down and rising to the challenge. It's just great to see him back to his brilliant best because in form he is our secret weapon, the ace up our sleeve.

Maybe it's better he continues to be underrated because that way opponents will be less able to handle him

A wonderful game from him tonight, but who is not to say that the signing of Aurier has contributed to him upping his game?
He has continued from where he left off last season. He hasn't really upped his game as much as he's kept doing what he already did.

You might say that the competition with Walker is what did it for him. Considering how Pochettino has improved other full backs and players in general, with and without competition, the better explanation for me is simply that an already talented player has improved under Pochettino.

Back