• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

If we sign Aurier, then Trippier will go back to being a good squad player until KWP is ready to take that role.

And we'll then sell Trippier next summer for £10m - £20m given he'll be around peak valuation (turns 28 in Sept 18) and he'll also want first team football

What I don't get is why he did a silly little backward run when the cross was coming over. He was aware of the guy behind him, so why not turn and cover that space?

He was all over the place for the last 20 mins.

The way wasn't getting or could not get into position. I was screaming for him to get back and cover, but he had no legs left.

Very strange, he looked like he was carrying an injury which came on in the last 20 or minutes.

Very strange......feel sorry for him but he was a liability!

Trippier is a good honest pro, however ( imo) he is not good enough for a top four side and i have always had that opinion. His strength is crossing but against the top teams he will struggle when he his on the defense. He is ok as a back up and could be used as a asset in some games but as i said overall he is not top four material ( imo).

Feel for the lad a bit - he waited for his chance, didn't do badly and then we go and sign another Walker (with attitude). Physically Trippier must look at Aurier and think how the fcuk do I compete with a guy built like that.

Will be interesting to see how he responds, I fully expect him to compete for his place which is the idea I guess. Competition for places worked a treat on Rose.

Feel for the lad a bit - he waited for his chance, didn't do badly and then we go and sign another Walker (with attitude). Physically Trippier must look at Aurier and think how the fcuk do I compete with a guy built like that.

Will be interesting to see how he responds, I fully expect him to compete for his place which is the idea I guess. Competition for places worked a treat on Rose.
And with Aurier's convictions for assault I doubt he'd try and spark him out. Tripps is no Alan Hutton...

Withdrawn from the England squad due to ankle injury - obviously we rushed him back too quickly.

It's a shame, because our dropped points in these last two games have come from mistakes from players that subsequently have shown they haven't been fit - Wanyama and Tripps. Hopefully he takes this couple of weeks and gets back to it.

He was all over the place for the last 20 mins.

The way wasn't getting or could not get into position. I was screaming for him to get back and cover, but he had no legs left.

Very strange, he looked like he was carrying an injury which came on in the last 20 or minutes.

Very strange......feel sorry for him but he was a liability!
that pre-season injury flaring up ? Hope he is properly rested now, especially as we have Serge

Man of the match - Kieran Trippier
Always an outlet on the right flank, the full-back produced the match winning moment. Receiving an aerial ball, his first touch took him away from his marker and he fizzed across a wonderful cross from which Alli couldn't miss. His set-piece delivery was on point, too, and he could've had two assists had Llorente not fluffed his lines in the first half from Trippier's corner. On this showing, Tottenham have a more than adequate replacement for Kyle Walker.

http://www.skysports.com/football/tottenham-vs-barnsley/384195

Back