• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Karol Linetty

You really are going out of your way to be critical based on nothing other than this not being someone you would target in the transfer window aren't you?

Come on mate... Onomah has played the vast majority of his games as a #10 in the youth setup by every report I've seen. Edwards? Really? We shouldn't sign Linetty because of a 16 year old that seems to play primarily as a wide player or out and out attacking midfielder?

I have no idea if Linetty is good enough or not. But be honest, do you know any more than me? Seems a bit silly to be arguing against a signing of a player if you have little idea what kind of player he is, how good he is or never seen him play football.

Isn't this the kind of signing we should be "expecting" with Baldini and Mitchell working to recruit the slightly less obvious, good value for money, under the radar player?

Not at all, I'm just confused by this potential incoming. Legitimately confused, honestly. Onomah has been thrown around as a player similar to Pogba by people in the know (Windy, among others): I assumed that meant that he plays in a similar style to Pogba, which by extension implies his role being that of a CM, not a CAM. Windy himself seems to agree with this assessment, by the way....

" He’s a central midfielder, and his main attributes are his dribbling, balance, pace, and strength. He’s strong in possession and hard to knock off the ball – the way that he bursts into gaps and dribbles in a natural, powerful way have earned him the nickname ‘Pogba-lite’ amongst some; the likeness is clear to see."

http://windycoys.com/2015/01/josh-onomah-a-profile/

....so I don't see where the talk of him being a CAM comes from. Winks is another central midfielder Windy rates highly and feels is ready to make the step up into the first team, and we already have Carroll returning from a Premier League loan, eager to compete for a spot in the side: and he certainly fits the 'DLP' role, judging by his attributes, his playing style and his experiences at Swansea.

So, again, if we have all these players around to fill the fringes and compete with the first-teamers (not even including Edwards, who Windy again considers to be a CM and who likely isn't more than two good years away from pressing for a fringe role in the first-team).....what is the need for a non-homegrown, 20/21-year old Pole?

I don't know much about Linetty, and I freely admit that. If he does turn out to be a Modric in the making, then great, more power to us: if he fails, then meh, he's only going to cost us 3-4 million euros and can likely be flipped for a similar price. But the logic behind this signing just...again, confuses me, given the options available to us and the need to give our own youngsters some playing time and first-team exposure. Nothing to do with being critical, mate.

I like the sounds of this. I want players like him and Alli to come in an challenge Bentaleb and Mason from below, rather than be parachuted in to squash them.

Same with Kane and any new CF we bring in.

Sigh. If Bentaleb leaves, then a player 'from below' presumably steps up into that role. And an even more inexperienced, possibly worse player from even further 'below' steps up to be his understudy. Do you see where that thinking will leave us? Not in the Premier League, if it's dogmatically followed to its logical conclusion, and our side is filled with 16-18 year olds 'from below', although I sincerely doubt you meant that sort of thing.

This is from last summer:

Tottenham are in advanced talks for Lech Poznan whizkid Karol Linetty.

The Sun says Spurs will cough up £2.5 million to make the teen manager Mauricio Pochettino first signing as new Tottenham manager.

Manchester United, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid have all been watching Linetty, who has been likened to former Spurs star Luka Modric.

Polish sources, meanwhile, say Linetty will need convincing about moving to White Hart Lane.

tribalfootball.com understands Linetty's camp are reluctant for the 19 year-old to move abroad after only one full season of senior football at Lech Poznan.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...inetty-leave-lech-poznan-4028977#.VXSDAqnR-Uk

I don't know where this is from, was posted on a Lech Poznan forum:

June 2011.16-year-old Karol Linetty participates in specialized tests organized by the Academy of Football Coca-Cola Cup.Of the ten most talented players in Poland reaches far the best result.Organizers rozczulają over his abilities, even comparing it to Leo Messi.Moments after the test to Linettego comes Robert Lewandowski.- You have a great talent.If you will support it with hard work, you'll be great - said in private, "Left" and hands him his shirt.

Three years later, they meet again, this time as partners in the field.81. minute friendly match with Lithuania.Lewandowski has a convenient opportunity to scoring a goal.Most of these situations strike ends on target, but in this case he decided to give the ... boy, who recently handed over his shirt.Linetty varies with dedication shot and after a while rivals emerge from oppression.19-year-old has failed, but no worries.It has support Lewandowski.

He lost the final match and took the cup

Night after Polish Cup final.Around 1:00 the phone receives Elizabeth Linetty.- Mom, I'm going home.In an hour I should be.I have only one request.Prepare me pork chops - € says Charles depressed.Requests could no longer fulfill, because all the shops around for a good few hours were closed.On the second day of welcome ... the neighbors took care career: - In the garden of one of the families of friends wyprawiono picnic.A neighbor called us to come with the whole family.Several people threw into the cup for Charles.Gift came to an honored place in the home showcase.When my son saw it until zdębiał!He says to me, "Mom, but I still do not win."It was at this point does not matter.Importantly, where he came through his hard work and how much fun it poses to all of us.

Damasławek, a village in the eastern region of Wielkopolska.A little more than two thousand people.Karol Linetty is the local pride, the person against whom it is impossible to pass by.- I remember he came back here before Christmas.Probably he was forced to implement a training plan prepared by the staff of Lech.He ran the piece of paper in his hand, but only when it got dark, he could train.During the day, each accosted him, everyone wanted to talk and ask for a chance to win the championship Lech Polish - tells us one of the residents.In a conversation with a friend until races on the question of which of them the last time he saw a young Linettego on the street.

On Wednesday, around 20:00, Damasławek deserted.A few minutes later, "Kolejorz" game with Górnik Zabrze in the penultimate round league.- Really, when it is hard to see the match Lech living soul on the street.I nerves can not watch matches of Charles front of the TV, so look out the kitchen window and the town, as if swept.Empty!After impressed Charles with Legia krzyknęliśmy out loud.At the same moment we heard in several neighboring houses also shout with joy - adds Mrs. Linetty.

What this young done now ?!

The ambitions of local klubiku of Damasławka reach a continuation of the class constituency.The Falcon pupil's talent grew louder on the occasion of the appointment to represent the circle of Pila.Scouts Lech immediately after the match won number of the parents.- She came to me Linetty you and says, "What is he doing ?!Lech want it!I do not know what now.I get phone calls, send in letters, and he is only 12 years "- he tells us Kazimierz Kazmierczak, the first coach Charles.- It was the first such case in the village.With us no one knew what the hell is!Sir, the papers gave some sponsors.They said that they would be 100 zlotys a week Karol pass.Well, yes, but who knows if the boy life is not wasted.After all, it is full of crooks.I said that this is the need to go to a lawyer, because we do not help.And so you Linetty done.I put this out there for a total of no trainer by profession I'm not.Retired instructor.Talented already passed through several Damasławek, but I was sure that Charles make a career.On the stadium he was of two kilometers, and on the training followed by raising the ball.Most important, however, it was that the family of the young stacked in your head!

Although the house Linettych not poured out, the parents decided to take a chance.From the sixth grade they had to deliver his son to train Lech.The two sides did over 150 kilometers, frequently jumping up early from work.- There was no way we gave advice every day podwozić Charles, hence ridden for two or three workouts per week.Is it lacked money?When you see a child the joy and sparkle in the eye during class, do not look for the money - he says with clear emotion Elizabeth Linetty.

This situation, however, could no longer continue.After a year of commuting young moved to Poznan high school and lived in the dormitory.So, in this famous boarding school, which heard the whole of Poland, and all thanks to roznegliżowanego Drewniak and the company.- The high school was the most difficult period - adds Mrs. Linetty.- The fact that we did not have the money to train the Charles in Lech, is the least important.To this day, as I recall this moment, until my heart it becomes.I remember a moment like today, when I closed the door behind him from his room in the dormitory.Charles had tears in his eyes, me too it looked to cry, but I had hard approach to the situation."It was your decision.You wanted it, so now fight for their ".All the way from Poznan to Damasławka I could not utter a word.After all, he was still a child.

At the start of the boy from the village was given a hard time well - known as elders, especially when yet familiar with each other.He was the raisins in a group, for each new.Internat was for him as military service.It established a hierarchy among the boys, and he had to survive.Younger had their suffer.Several times he called us that this is the categorical end and we came after him.He overwhelmed with homesickness and colleagues from the countryside.Once we were there, we decided to have one more chance.The boys accepted him, because in the end they realized that without him on the pitch would fail.

The group is silent, since elementary school non-stop has something to prove.- Class Charles was not the easiest.It was her - to put it mildly - a couple of guys who had something to say.He was one of those grzeczniejszych beyond that a more feisty group wanted to dominate.To him, however, they approached only with great respect.Certainly significantly affected also his football skills - say teachers physical education from primary school in Damasławku.- Charles had never disliked anyone and too much is not spoken, but from childhood he's something that the group wanted to follow him.For every break of the ball before running out of school, and after a few seconds the boys appeared with the whole class - adds Linettego first teacher, Alina Matysiak.

Playing the entire

Debut in the first team Lech lived in October 2012 on the occasion of the friendly match with Hamburger SV."Kolejorz" won 2: 1, and Mariusz Steed was no longer any doubt.Linetty was ready to play in the league.Half an hour in the match against Wisla, and already the third meeting from beginning to end.Legia rival was.- The most we experienced his debut with Hamburg.When the final whistle was running in our direction, I saw in his eyes that flash, pride and joy.It was then that he has fulfilled his dream - says Elizabeth Linetty.Premier permanently greeted his greatest talent, but the Charger was limited in exploiting the potential of a player.The main task was to protect Luke Linettego balusters, which in itself is ridiculous, because baluster in his game is still a typical insurer.Receive, accept, play forward.- In fact, from the trainer Charger Charles was such a player to the middle line - you agree Linetty.More freedom in the game he got from Maciej Sheep.- When we saw him speeding through half a pitch on goal Legion until we were shocked!Where is he?Is it actually Charles in the penalty box ?!- Says 20-year-old mother.

Linettego goal turned out to be a symbolic change of guard in Polish football.This after the equalizer Lekhs believe that the Polish championship is within their reach.Young in great style Vrdoljakowi picked up the ball, in football it humbled and ran half the pitch as on his own.And yet it was only his second goal in the league.

But the road to this year's championship (someone is still doubt?) Was embellished with a wave of criticism.Deserved?- When I found out yet that Lech lost to the Blue, it was a massacre.On this match I was his brother's funeral, everything was beyond me.After the game I called to Charles and said, "Sonny, but what is this trouble to win against them at home?You are Lech, the date of the council. "I did not go for a rematch, too little time has passed since that day.Had they lost, and I look zobaczyłabym Charles, that is quite'd just fall apart.After the game came the daughter with deep relief in her voice she said only: "Mom, we won!We play at the National, "- says mother footballer.- Do you hurt my comments after the first meeting?No one knew what took place, in addition to Charles played with the injury and struggled with the disease.There was no choice but to somebody to play.Others give it just the way they see.Sometimes, however, players move their problems on the field and you do not know what they are, evaluate the player only after what will show during the match.

Diet from "Left"

Okrasił national team debut goal scored in a similar way as the Legion.But the real test came in June, when he found himself in the frame with its largest model, Robert Lewandowski.Even in the days of junior he spied Lech adult training with the "Left" in the frame, later received from him Borussia shirt that parents hung out on special place in the home showcase.Somewhere nearby hotel eight years ago with Peter Reiss, this year's medal for the Polish Cup final and finally the desired leotard.Kind of team-mates, but still during the first grouping Linetty turned to Lewandowski per "lord".- Charles appealed to all so formally.Anyway, at the beginning of training with an adult team Lech it was similar, at slightly shocked senior players.That's how it grew up with him.If someone still not presented, then you should not talk to him "you".Respect for another human being is the most important - € "corresponds to Elizabeth Linetty.20-year-old contact with Lewandowski wanted to reap all the best.He asked the captain for help when laying diet and soon after got from Roberta full menu - is one of the best players in the world, known to the world, and not said to Charles' e, the young falling, "only he still advises.Robert threw at him their experiences.

After the June training camp Linetty benefited from the advice and went on specialized testing.What happened?Lech footballer is allergic to gluten.- Charles has food allergies and some products had to be dismissed.He is currently on a gluten-free diet and the body began to function better.In Poznan it has been the possibility that he cooks cook, but when we come to it for dinner pork chop them - laughs Mrs. Linetty.

In a short time helper "Kolejorz" significantly expanded its silhouette.Today is one of the strongest midfield in the league.- I helped my conversation with Robert - he said Linetty on the channel, "We share a ball".- I started to eat better and grow faster immediately.I learned a lot about diet and ways to lower acidity.I saw the "Left" has changed the silhouette after going abroad, so I wondered how he trains and what it every day.I added also for training exercises in the TRX bands.

He preferred to extinguish fires on the pitch

Linetty has not dreamed of calling to represent, he aspired to.From an early age she is aware of what he wants to achieve.- Colleagues pulled, but the event is not in his head - says the mother.- After reading "How Wojtek was a firefighter", asked children what they want to be in the future - says the first school teacher Linettego.- Most of the boys after reading the book she wanted to extinguish the fires.Some also said that they want to be footballers.Charles did not answer, he wants to play football, but that it will represent Poland.He is not concerned could be an ordinary player.

Family secretly hopes that against Georgia, a partner in the middle Grzegorz Krychowiak will Linetty.For a friendly match with Switzerland came scouts of several Premier League clubs who are interested mostly 20-year-old from Lech.Two years ago there was much talk about Manchester United, in recent months scroll the names of Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa.In Poznan slowly get used to the idea that their leader soon move from Bulgarian to the West.No one in the family decision for him not to take, and what to do we have?Long journeys its not terrible.- Charles already as a 13-year-old he decided to leave for Poznan.For seven years not living at home, and now the world has become so small that the visits will not be any trouble.The main thing is to continue enjoyed the ball.And we provide today such emotions that delighting in them every day.So how many people are waiting for the vacant until the weekend, so we look forward to the matches Charles.I just can not live without them now.We no longer need this adrenaline, she inspires us for another week.Whatever decision will be made, we will certainly proud of him.

Even if it doesn't happen there is clearly something there and not a single ITK had anything on this. Much like Fazio and Stambouli and Dele Alli. Even regular media Spurs mouthpieces don't seem to know stuff now.

JJetset has now specifically stated we are NOT signing him.

He's Polish; an extra few seats sold at the lane...

That was my cynical answer...

The reality is - we can chance on a player with potential.

Looks like Poznan won the Polish league today, thus qualifying for the CL 2nd qualifying round. They should have no problem making it to the next round and at some point drop into the EL.

Last edited:
Not at all, I'm just confused by this potential incoming. Legitimately confused, honestly. Onomah has been thrown around as a player similar to Pogba by people in the know (Windy, among others): I assumed that meant that he plays in a similar style to Pogba, which by extension implies his role being that of a CM, not a CAM. Windy himself seems to agree with this assessment, by the way....

" He’s a central midfielder, and his main attributes are his dribbling, balance, pace, and strength. He’s strong in possession and hard to knock off the ball – the way that he bursts into gaps and dribbles in a natural, powerful way have earned him the nickname ‘Pogba-lite’ amongst some; the likeness is clear to see."

....so I don't see where the talk of him being a CAM comes from. Winks is another central midfielder Windy rates highly and feels is ready to make the step up into the first team, and we already have Carroll returning from a Premier League loan, eager to compete for a spot in the side: and he certainly fits the 'DLP' role, judging by his attributes, his playing style and his experiences at Swansea.

So, again, if we have all these players around to fill the fringes and compete with the first-teamers (not even including Edwards, who Windy again considers to be a CM and who likely isn't more than two good years away from pressing for a fringe role in the first-team).....what is the need for a non-homegrown, 20/21-year old Pole?

I don't know much about Linetty, and I freely admit that. If he does turn out to be a Modric in the making, then great, more power to us: if he fails, then meh, he's only going to cost us 3-4 million euros and can likely be flipped for a similar price. But the logic behind this signing just...again, confuses me, given the options available to us and the need to give our own youngsters some playing time and first-team exposure. Nothing to do with being critical, mate.

Edwards isn't a CM, in terms of playing style and stature he's the closest thing you'll see to Messi. Onomah I believe long term is a CM but not in a central two, he's an incredible prospect but he can be a bit of a stroller so he's often played as a #10 for the u21s/u18s. The best performance I've seen from him was for England' on the left side of a midfield diamond, he dominated from that position as he had others around him giving him the platform to do so. Winks is very much a CM though, so this signing(were it to happen) would certainly have an impact on him but regardless of who we sign I'd expect Winks to go out on loan for a couple of seasons anyway.

Just going off the youtube clips he would appear to be very attack minded, mostly popping up in the AM positions. I know youtube can mislead but I'd say he's earmarked for 1 of the 3 advanced midfield roles rather than one of the deeper slots. I have to say he looks a good prospect based on those clips.

Sigh. If Bentaleb leaves, then a player 'from below' presumably steps up into that role. And an even more inexperienced, possibly worse player from even further 'below' steps up to be his understudy. Do you see where that thinking will leave us? Not in the Premier League, if it's dogmatically followed to its logical conclusion, and our side is filled with 16-18 year olds 'from below', although I sincerely doubt you meant that sort of thing.

Regarding Onomah, I am less convinced than Windy is that he will make it to the top. While I can see that he clearly has all of the footballing attributes required I’m not sure he has that out and out desire and that is often key. I think it now depends on how much Onomah 'wants it'. We'll probably get a better idea this season if he gets a decent loan move.

Also re: Edwards – I don’t think he’ll be playing first team football until he is around 20 years old. I think his physique will mean he needs a bit more maturity before he can step up to that level. The club will have to be patient with him, but he is definitely worth the patience, he is an absolute little genius on the ball, real poetry in motion.

I know it's only YouTube but the guy looks very good, great awareness and use of the ball, although I could probably create something similar for mason (who I do rate). So has anybody here seen this guy semi regular in full matches?

Edwards isn't a CM, in terms of playing style and stature he's the closest thing you'll see to Messi. Onomah I believe long term is a CM but not in a central two, he's an incredible prospect but he can be a bit of a stroller so he's often played as a #10 for the u21s/u18s. The best performance I've seen from him was for England' on the left side of a midfield diamond, he dominated from that position as he had others around him giving him the platform to do so. Winks is very much a CM though, so this signing(were it to happen) would certainly have an impact on him but regardless of who we sign I'd expect Winks to go out on loan for a couple of seasons anyway.

Carroll? Veljkovic, should we decide to make him a DM? Are these players any worse than Linetty, d'you think?

Regarding Onomah, I am less convinced than Windy is that he will make it to the top. While I can see that he clearly has all of the footballing attributes required I’m not sure he has that out and out desire and that is often key. I think it now depends on how much Onomah 'wants it'. We'll probably get a better idea this season if he gets a decent loan move.

Also re: Edwards – I don’t think he’ll be playing first team football until he is around 20 years old. I think his physique will mean he needs a bit more maturity before he can step up to that level. The club will have to be patient with him, but he is definitely worth the patience, he is an absolute little genius on the ball, real poetry in motion.

Well, I know almost nothing about him beyond the fact that he's a CM, so most of my information does come from Windy. Still, I'll take your word for it.

Carroll? Veljkovic, should we decide to make him a DM? Are these players any worse than Linetty, d'you think?

I can't say because I've never seen Linetty play. I think we as a club and as fans should have a lot more faith in our own though - and this applies to all the other Premier League clubs who are happy to pay for the training of these youngsters for years but when it comes down to the crunch they'd rather get the chequebook out and sign someone else instead because they're more "ready". Veljkovic was every bit as good as Bentaleb was at u21 level so I have no reason to believe he wouldn't cut it if he was given a chance in the 1st team squad next season. Carroll's been a bit up and down with his loan spells but maybe Spurs is where he feels comfortable and where he will perform best.

I can't say because I've never seen Linetty play. I think we as a club and as fans should have a lot more faith in our own though - and this applies to all the other Premier League clubs who are happy to pay for the training of these youngsters for years but when it comes down to the crunch they'd rather get the chequebook out and sign someone else instead because they're more "ready". Veljkovic was every bit as good as Bentaleb was at u21 level so I have no reason to believe he wouldn't cut it if he was given a chance in the 1st team squad next season. Carroll's been a bit up and down with his loan spells but maybe Spurs is where he feels comfortable and where he will perform best.

I agree with that, but I will point out that he was pretty highly rated by Swansea fans as well on the occasions that he did play: I posted some excerpts from a thread about him that was up on Planet Swans a couple of months ago, and most posters seemed to agree that he was a younger, more mobile version of Leon Britton, essentially: great pass and move player, always open to receive a pass, possessed of good vision and surprisingly adept at tackling. His drop off in playing time occurred around the same time that Swansea signed Jack Cork from Southampton, so I'd suggest that his up and down loan record isn't fully indicative of his talents.

This is pretty much how I see it too.

Ok, this at least it not reaching for an argument the way the Edwards etc examples (imo) were.

I think he looks somewhat different to Carroll going by the descriptions posted in this thread, and although I continue to have high hopes for Veljkovic it even seems unclear at this time if his future is at CB or CM. Neither is currently clearly breaking into the first team the way Pritchard for example is.

I would get the frustration if we had a reputation for signing youngsters that were then pretty much ignored for older players whilst younger talent was being kept out of it (see City and Chelsea). But under Pochettino this seems very far from the truth. I really think he, and the transfer committee, have deserved the benefit of the doubt on this kind of thing at the very least.

It might of course just be media speculation. But if the transfer committee, including Pochettino thinks that this deal makes sense then I don't see why there has to be an immediate negative reaction to that...

Back