• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Karol Linetty

Utterly nonplussed by this potential signing, to be honest. What, is Winks not worth developing or what? Is Carroll a worse option than this chap? Is Onomah not as good as this guy? We have enough youth teamers coming through to fill up the fringe spaces (At least in midfield), so why sign more?

Or have we signed the most bargain-bin option to fill our need for a first-team DM? Is the standard of quality for a first-team spot at Spurs, one goddamn season at Leech Poznan in the bog-standard Polish league?

What is the point of this? I'll be quite confused, if true.

Utterly nonplussed by this potential signing, to be honest. What, is Winks not worth developing or what? Is Carroll a worse option than this chap? Is Onomah not as good as this guy? We have enough youth teamers coming through to fill up the fringe spaces (At least in midfield), so why sign more?

Or have we signed the most bargain-bin option to fill our need for a first-team DM? Is the standard of quality for a first-team spot at Spurs, one goddamn season at Leech Poznan in the bog-standard Polish league?

Who says he plays? may go strait out on loan. players are an investment and a key part of how we fund our club

Livermore, Naughton, Caulker in past couple years, potentially Holtby, Carroll and a few others this summer

As fans we have to accept players that are bought with perhaps no real immediate view to first team, but have upside.

id say its this

Winks and Onomah are nowhere near PL ready yet, id guess they will go out on loan next season and maybe the season after too. Carroll im not sure about at all

yes, its probably a bargain bin Schneiderlin we are signing :)

Who says he plays? may go strait out on loan. players are an investment and a key part of how we fund our club

Livermore, Naughton, Caulker in past couple years, potentially Holtby, Carroll and a few others this summer

As fans we have to accept players that are bought with perhaps no real immediate view to first team, but have upside.

We have Winks, who's a year younger than this guy (Linetty apparently turns twenty-one midway through next season), the 18-year old Onomah, and the already PL-proven Carroll to consider in terms of stockpiling talent, to say nothing of Edwards and co. further down the line.

I think Linetty's a bit too old to be a speculative punt: not by much, but he is. If he goes straight out on loan, then fine, but again, where will he end up playing when he gets back? The competition will be fierce enough with just Mason, Bentaleb and the players I mentioned above to overcome in the quest for a first-team spot: if Linetty is really not meant for the first-team immediately, then he'll also have to contend with the DM we'll end up getting, not to mention the other first-team midfielders we'll have lying around.

Strange signing, imo.

id say its this

Winks and Onomah are nowhere near PL ready yet, id guess they will go out on loan next season and maybe the season after too. Carroll im not sure about at all

yes, its probably a bargain bin Schneiderlin we are signing :)

Sure, and that's fine: but if the same tactic is applied to Linetty, then by the time he finally gets back to the club ready for a first-team spot (assuming he really is all that), he'll be 22 or 23: Mason-age, versus the more youthful 21-year-old Winks and 20-year-old Onomah. And all that's without mentioning that Linetty won't be able to qualify as a home-grown player whatever happens, given how late we've moved for him.

If it is a speculative punt on our part, it is a bit of an odd one.

We have Winks, who's a year younger than this guy (Linetty apparently turns twenty-one midway through next season), the 18-year old Onomah, and the already PL-proven Carroll to consider in terms of stockpiling talent, to say nothing of Edwards and co. further down the line.

I think Linetty's a bit too old to be a speculative punt: not by much, but he is. If he goes straight out on loan, then fine, but again, where will he end up playing when he gets back? The competition will be fierce enough with just Mason, Bentaleb and the players I mentioned above to overcome in the quest for a first-team spot: if Linetty is really not meant for the first-team immediately, then he'll also have to contend with the DM we'll end up getting, not to mention the other first-team midfielders we'll have lying around.

Strange signing, imo.

Sure, and that's fine: but if the same tactic is applied to Linetty, then by the time he finally gets back to the club ready for a first-team spot (assuming he really is all that), he'll be 22 or 23: Mason-age, versus the more youthful 21-year-old Winks and 20-year-old Onomah. And all that's without mentioning that Linetty won't be able to qualify as a home-grown player whatever happens, given how late we've moved for him.

well in two years time we may well be forced to sell wantaway Bentaleb to PSG for 60 mill, Mason may have failed to improve sufficiently, and it will be time for 2 of Winks, Linetty, Onomah and Alli to step in and fill the gaps

well in two years time we may well be forced to sell wantaway Bentaleb to PSG for 60 mill, Mason may have failed to improve sufficiently, and it will be time for 2 of Winks, Linetty, Onomah and Alli to step in and fill the gaps

agreed . A lot of people in here and elsewhere IMO need to take the Spurs tinted glasses off as mason and bentaleb IMO are not all that . They are good young players finding their way .. That's all .. Mason needs to add goals to game , he needs to add drive and authority and dominate games , he needs to pass better .. Same with bentaleb . It will be same with this polish lad if he signs . It's out way of stock piling players and hoping one comes up trumps so we can flog for 30 million plus levy style .

Personally I'd sell dembele capoue stambouli Paulinho in terms of central midfield so that's a lot of players to replace .. We have Ali .. Sign this lad and two more mature players like schnderlein and I'm quite happy ..if mason n bentaleb are all that they will flourish no matter who is signed

Personally I'd sell dembele capoue stambouli Paulinho in terms of central midfield so that's a lot of players to replace .. We have Ali .. Sign this lad and two more mature players like schnderlein and I'm quite happy ..if mason n bentaleb are all that they will flourish no matter who is signed

We currently have 8 players for the 2 double pivot positions. We'd should probably sell 5 to bring 1 in.

We're all excited about our prospects, but have in mind that Jermaine Jenas was rated just as much as Onomah as a teenager, won Young Premier League player of the year in what's two years untill for Onomah now.
It's not a given that they'll end up good enough for where we want to go. We must always look for more and better talent. It's up to them if they want to be a part of it, they'll have to keep focus and develop every season.

Very possible, although again, given that he isn't going to be a homegrown option (when a speculative punt on one of the many talented young deep-lying playmakers in the lower leagues would bring with it that benefit), it does still seem like a bit of a strange one. Unless he's really Modric Mk2: but if that were really the case, why is he a) still playing for Lech Poznan at the age of 20 going on 21, and b) not talked about much, if at all?

Well, I'll see where this one goes, if it does happen. But given that we have so many DLPs and technically-skilled centre mids coming through (again, Onomah, Alli, Winks, Carroll, Edwards), I can't see a real spot for him unless he's terrifically good.

Very possible, although again, given that he isn't going to be a homegrown option (when a speculative punt on one of the many talented young deep-lying playmakers in the lower leagues would bring with it that benefit), it does still seem like a bit of a strange one. Unless he's really Modric Mk2: but if that were really the case, why is he a) still playing for Lech Poznan at the age of 20 going on 21, and b) not talked about much, if at all?

Well, I'll see where this one goes, if it does happen. But given that we have so many DLPs and technically-skilled centre mids coming through (again, Onomah, Alli, Winks, Carroll, Edwards), I can't see a real spot for him unless he's terrifically good.

I echo your sentiments on the need for this signing, however speculating on whether or not he's the next Modric because he is still in Poland at the age of 20 is probably over doing it. After all Modric was still at Zagreb until after that.

I also don't think he would be purchased with a view to making a quick profit. If we are going for him, it's because someone rates him (Mitchell or Baldini). I still think we need an older head in there though.

I think it's just a case of picking up potential talent, like Chelsea on a smaller scale. If we wait until he's prove we don't stand a chance.

It says we've been following/trying to sign him for a year, so it's probably a Baldini target and not necessarily for immediate first team impact.

Possibly worth mentioning here that Lewandowski was 22 when Dortmund signed him from Lech Poznan and he didn't turn out too bad at all. I'm not concerned by a 20 year old central midfield player playing top division football in the country of his birth, I'd only be concerned if he wasn't doing so. It seems that the club have been watching him for a while and have already tried to sign him in previous windows so they must see something in him, the youtube videos probably show what that is, balance, skill, vision, pace and two good feet. For just 4 million 'bubbles' it seems a very worthwhile investment.... and besides we've got to try to fill the new stadium in a few years and there are lots of Poles living in and around Tottenham!

Possibly worth mentioning here that Lewandowski was 22 when Dortmund signed him from Lech Poznan and he didn't turn out too bad at all. I'm not concerned by a 20 year old central midfield player playing top division football in the country of his birth, I'd only be concerned if he wasn't doing so. It seems that the club have been watching him for a while and have already tried to sign him in previous windows so they must see something in him, the youtube videos probably show what that is, balance, skill, vision, pace and two good feet. For just 4 million 'bubbles' it seems a very worthwhile investment.... and besides we've got to try to fill the new stadium in a few years and there are lots of Poles living in and around Tottenham!

Building the stadium

I like the sounds of this. I want players like him and Alli to come in an challenge Bentaleb and Mason from below, rather than be parachuted in to squash them.

Same with Kane and any new CF we bring in.

I like the sounds of this. I want players like him and Alli to come in an challenge Bentaleb and Mason from below, rather than be parachuted in to squash them.

Same with Kane and any new CF we bring in.

Works two ways as well. Its sink or swim, whereas for a big namer they get a free ride to a certain extent. There is to.lose rather than be earned.

Strange signing, imo.

You really are going out of your way to be critical based on nothing other than this not being someone you would target in the transfer window aren't you?

Come on mate... Onomah has played the vast majority of his games as a #10 in the youth setup by every report I've seen. Edwards? Really? We shouldn't sign Linetty because of a 16 year old that seems to play primarily as a wide player or out and out attacking midfielder?

I have no idea if Linetty is good enough or not. But be honest, do you know any more than me? Seems a bit silly to be arguing against a signing of a player if you have little idea what kind of player he is, how good he is or never seen him play football.

Isn't this the kind of signing we should be "expecting" with Baldini and Mitchell working to recruit the slightly less obvious, good value for money, under the radar player?

Exactly.

And even if examples like Lewandowsi and Modric are obviously the examples of players that worked out just about perfectly there are others to consider too.

Kuba Blaszczykowski was also in his early twenties when he left the Polish league, went on to be a very useful player for Dortmund.

Back