• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Mata

I'm sure people only read what they want. Mata said he has no intentions of leaving and Mourinho said they have no intentions of selling.

Plus the fact Mata will not drop down a level to play for us.

Yes, people read what they want .. including me

Not saying he's coming here, but Mata is too good to sit on a bench for half the season (and it is a WC year)

No chance Chelsea will sell Mata to us.
I genuinely think one of their main reasons for going for Willian was because we were on the verge of signing him.
They know that with Willian and Lamela forming a front three with Soldado, especially given the midfielders we'd have had behind them, there was every chance we'd have moved ahead of Chelsea. They have cash to burn so could afford to buy Willian and simply add him to their ranks of similar players.

For the same reasons, Mourinho knows that Mata would strengthen us considerably, and for that reason he won't sell to us. End of.
Mata will either be used as part exchange for another player (although i doubt it'll be Rooney because i dont think Moyes will sell Rooney this window) or he'll sell him to someone outside the Prem.

Further, even if CFC were prepared to sell to us, i doubt Mata would relish the idea of moving to Spurs. He'd see us as a step down.

Yeah there's no way this deal would happen for so many different reasons. Number one being it is in Chelsea's interest to do everything they can to stop us improving our team.

Yeah there's no way this deal would happen for so many different reasons. Number one being it is in Chelsea's interest to do everything they can to stop us improving our team.

More importantly football's governing bodies don't have the balls to impose squad limitations, so to prevent the oil clubs from stockpiling all the good players to keep them away from their competitors. It is becoming a massive problem, but because there is so much money involved, no one who - theoretically - is in charge of the overall rules of how football clubs should be run, dares to touch this issue at all.

This doesn't only apply to Chelski, obviously, but they are without doubt the biggest culprits here.

No chance of a deal but I think there's something going on with Mata. As in he's not very comfortable at that club right now. Why would you keep a talent like that on the bench unless it's something personal? I don't believe in this injury much more than Bale's. There's been noise since Mourinho arrived about it and everyone said it was so ridiculous it was just paper talk but again I think the paper's were fed by someone (like with Bale).

Hope he leaves them because he's brilliant, maybe them buying Willian was because he's going.

No chance on the deal unless Mata buys into the vision which I assume the others have, there is no denying that although not in the Champions League something big is happening.

That said, I can not see it happening, this guy is one of the top 5 Midfielders in the league, I am actually miffed to why Chelsea would want rid??

If you dont try - you will never know.

Put a 30m bid in and lets see. He would be pretty great behind Soldado and with Lamela (hopefully) coming in and playing on the wings - that would be a pretty great trio of attacking creativity and goals.

I think Mata is using us to get a move. He's not happy with Mourinho. I've no doubt he's texting his mate AVB and telling him he's available.

I don't actually care about that, if he isn't part of the Chelsea squad then that's just as good. :p

Mourinho is nuts Matas been there best player the past two years, I'd happily see him at spurs but unfortunately can't see this one working out

Why are people so pessimistic about us signing players? Fine this is chelscum so they wont deal with us but I think people are alluding to Mata wouldnt sign for us - why not? He wants to play in the CL granted but we can get ther eespecially with players like Mata and Soldado. Im always optimistic about us signing players simply because we arent a two bob club who just so happen to throw money at anything and everything (like QPR for example).

I dont think it would happen but merely because Chelscum not due to Mata instantly discounting us.

If this happens i will wear an Arsenal top to the Lane on a match day.

According to some on one of the Guardian forum's it could be Mata wearing an Arsenal shirt on match day:eek:

Apparently the poster thought this because Mata's dad apparently was seen tucking into a matchday meal tonight...

Apparently Mata's father was at the game tonight, Mata's father is his agent too. Arsene Wenger in the press conference after the game was asked about it..

Was he invited by Arsneal was the question. Reply was I do not know.. ***then smiling*** maybe

Hope we have an invite for Thursday

Last edited:
Apparently Mata's father was at the game tonight, Mata's father is his agent too. Arsene Wenger in the press conference after the game was asked about it..

Was he invited by Arsneal was the question. Reply was I do not know.. ***then smiling*** maybe

Hope we have an invite for Thursday

I can see Mata choosing them over us due to AVB. I cant see chelsea selling to them but not accepting an offer from us which is the only way I think it could be done.

Back