• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Mata

I think Mata is using us to get a move. He's not happy with Mourinho. I've no doubt he's texting his mate AVB and telling him he's available.

Can anyone copy the Telegraph story in here? I've used up my 20 free articles :(

An inquiry was made over the weekend but Chelsea insisted they would not sell the Spanish international to their Premier League rivals.
Tottenham have stopped short of submitting a formal bid and are now concentrating on other transfer targets ahead of the Sept 2 deadline, with hopes high of securing Roma's Erik Lamela and, possibly, Hulk from Zenit St Petersburg.
The club was furious at being gazumped by Chelsea to the signing of Brazilian international Willian, whose arrival has cast further doubt on whether Mata will be a first-choice under Jose Mourinho.
Chelsea want to keep Mata – for now – with their intention being to loan out Victor Moses. However Mata is unlikely to be happy at the club if his first-team opportunities are restricted, particularly in a season that ends with a World Cup.
Mata was signed from Valencia for £23.5million under Andre Villas-Boas, who is now Spurs’ head coach and is a huge admirer of the 25-year-old who has been Chelsea’s player of the year for the two seasons he has been at the club.

There have been suggestions that Chelsea might consider offering Mata to Manchester United as part of a deal to bring Wayne Rooney to Stamford Bridge. United insist Rooney is not for sale and Mourinho has said that the champions have not asked to take Mata.
Senior sources at Spurs have suggested that Chelsea are being hypocritical over refusing to sell Mata, given Mourinho’s claim that United should allow Rooney to leave for a Premier League rival. However, Mata has not told Chelsea that he wants to go, whereas Rooney has asked to leave United.
Willian is expected to sign for Chelsea for £30million once he is given a work permit at a hearing on Tuesday. He can play anywhere across the forward line or in midfield and there have been suggestions that Mourinho will favour a three of Willian, Oscar and Eden Hazard behind a main striker who could be Samuel Eto’o.
The Cameroon international has been offered a one-year contract after Anzhi Makhachkala put him up for sale. Chelsea are waiting to confirm the signing until later this week and after Monday’s league match against United at Old Trafford.

Yes Mata! Chance creating genius. Would rather him than anyone else we've been linked with. What sort of wages are we talking here?

Can anyone copy the Telegraph story in here? I've used up my 20 free articles :(

Just go in to your cookies and delete the ones from the telegraph and your 20 articles will be reset.
Or if you open it in an 'incognito window' in chrome or a 'private browsing mode' in firefox or whatever they use in IE you can view it has they have no cookies stored.

Yep get his head turned. Maybe get Chadli and Capoue bigging him up in the press

Last edited:
AVB should get Mata to hand in a transfer request - just for the Cheat$ki aggravation factor

Then we should have Hoddle, Pleat and a bunch of our players get in the media and say how welcome he would be here ...

AVB should get Mata to hand in a transfer request - just for the Cheat$ki aggravation factor

Then we should have Hoddle, Pleat and a bunch of our players get in the media and say how welcome he would be here ...

Stick a few Mata shirts in the shop???

New signings show the ambition. Soldado could have a word too. Work the ex Valencia vibe

Let's hope your team don't make a bid for him too. Would love him at Spurs, but not a chance in hell Chelsea would deal with us. Mourinho is just a mischievous runt who lies in press conferences all the time.

One day I would love to read a player at Chelsea having "his head turned" by the chance of playing at Spurs. lol

It's unlikely for sure. But here's a few what ifs....
What if....

* Mata wants to leave
* Chelsea want to get his wages off the books and to recoup a big fee
* Mata is keen to remain in the Premier League

Now, Chelsea won't want to sell to a rival. But who would Jose see as a more realistic rival - United or City in a battle for the title? Or Spurs or Arsenal in a battle for fourth? Fact is, Chelsea would probably rather sell to us than Man U.

Alternatives for Mata, well he could go abroad to a triple A team. But Barca, Real, Bayern don't need him. Where as we are crying out for a playmaker. Arsenal have Cazorla.

For me, it probably won't happen because of wages, the lack of CL football, the probability that we won't be competing for the title. But you never know...

It's unlikely for sure. But here's a few what ifs....
What if....

* Mata wants to leave
* Chelsea want to get his wages off the books and to recoup a big fee
* Mata is keen to remain in the Premier League

Now, Chelsea won't want to sell to a rival. But who would Jose see as a more realistic rival - United or City in a battle for the title? Or Spurs or Arsenal in a battle for fourth? Fact is, Chelsea would probably rather sell to us than Man U.

Alternatives for Mata, well he could go abroad to a triple A team. But Barca, Real, Bayern don't need him. Where as we are crying out for a playmaker. Arsenal have Cazorla.

For me, it probably won't happen because of wages, the lack of CL football, the probability that we won't be competing for the title. But you never know...

see the thing with that is - a Mata and Lamela double signing before the end of the window would surely have to have us not far from being in that bracket of teams - if not this season then next once the players are settled and comfortable with each other. for that reason alone i can't see Chelsea wanting to sell him to us and is probably a big part as to why they stepped in for Willian

I'm sure people only read what they want. Mata said he has no intentions of leaving and Mourinho said they have no intentions of selling.

Plus the fact Mata will not drop down a level to play for us.

Back