• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

I'm not sure how comparing anyone to John Stones puts them in a favourable light.
John Stones has a huge amount of talent. He just needs to add composure and decision making.... Both should improve as he gains more experience (but it is not guaranteed). His price was of course far too high considering he is currently 'potential' as opposed to being anywhere near the finished article, but it is clear that he has lots of good attributes and the bad ones should be eliminated via good coaching.

John Stones has a huge amount of talent. He just needs to add composure and decision making.... Both should improve as he gains more experience (but it is not guaranteed). His price was of course far too high considering he is currently 'potential' as opposed to being anywhere near the finished article, but it is clear that he has lots of good attributes and the bad ones should be eliminated via good coaching.

Pity John Stones can't tackle or read the game

Listening to Tim Vickery last night-he said no one in Argentina rates this guy and has a lot to learn before he gets to the required level of a decent premier league defender. I know we buy for the future but does give another slant on this.
Anyway, I have faith in Poch

I think he's just a tall mediocre midfielder. He doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.

Listening to Tim Vickery last night-he said no one in Argentina rates this guy and has a lot to learn before he gets to the required level of a decent premier league defender. I know we buy for the future but does give another slant on this.

Could be right but someone does rate him and that is poch so let's see

Tim Vickery did think Paulinho would be a smash here though....

Every player is different and more so when they move away

I think he's just a tall mediocre midfielder. He doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.

What was Eric Dier before he joined us. Pretty mediocre, nothing outstanding defensively or offensively. Poch has made him what he is and there is still room for improvement.

Funny all this.

Who would take £60m for Dier?

I can't make my mind up....

Until you see a player playing for a period and in a system, it is hard to say.

The truly great players are a different matter. Maldini and Cruyff would have been good in any team for example

Must say I disagree re Stones. Ive seen him make plenty of good defensive plays,that are easily masked because of some errors he has made. People suggesting he is just rated because he is good on the ball are sprouting nonsense, he is simply raw which can be overlooked because of his price tag - something which isnt his fault. In a couple of years I bet he is beginning to develop into the next Rio Ferdinand....

But he could defend And play football

He could barely get into the Sporting team.

His talents were raw and that's why we managed to sign him for a nominal fee

Fortunately for him he was very receptive to Pochs methods and settled in quickly.

Who here is watching Foyth on a regular basis? How can anyone make a judgement in his defensive ability without watching him live

I think Its very important to factor in the Poch effect with any potential defender signing.

I'm not sure how comparing anyone to John Stones puts them in a favourable light.
In terms of confidence and ability on the ball being compared to Stones is obviously a good thing. And we knew how important ball playing centre backs can be.
I just don't get this kind of conclusion for young centre backs. How good would Alderweireld and Vertonghen have looked at 21 or 22 in the PL playing in a fairly exposed back 4?
Could be right but someone does rate him and that is poch so let's see
Well. We don't actually know if Pochettino rates him at this point. What we can say is that if we sign him Pochettino almost certainly rates him very highly in deed.

Well. We don't actually know if Pochettino rates him at this point. What we can say is that if we sign him Pochettino almost certainly rates him very highly in deed.

To be fair my wife often says the same about me "jumping the gun" however she earns the right for saying so since she was participating.

You however can do one

Back