• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

A very strange one this. Nobody has heard of him, so is it genuinely a massive talent that could one day get into a Prem winning squad? Is it helping out some old friend/club? Is it an 'agent thing'? Is it just to boost numbers in a youth team? We already have some cracking centre back talent at youth level.

I remember Seb Coates being hailed as a big prospect, player of some youth tournament, went to Pool, then Sunderland, then Portugal.

A very strange one this. Nobody has heard of him, so is it genuinely a massive talent that could one day get into a Prem winning squad? Is it helping out some old friend/club? Is it an 'agent thing'? Is it just to boost numbers in a youth team? We already have some cracking centre back talent at youth level.

I remember Seb Coates being hailed as a big prospect, player of some youth tournament, went to Pool, then Sunderland, then Portugal.
Agreed. With CCV already at the club I don't quite see this kind of signing happening. Unless of course he truly is exceptional.

I would expect a new CB signing, if we make one, to replace Wimmer in the squad. Slightly more experienced and proven at a higher level. Someone who can be an immediate backup as well as a prospect for the future. With CCV more likely to break through in the next couple of years and not immediately.

Looks like our annual link with a LatAm player may have come to an end :
Alasdair Gold‏Verified account@AlasdairGold
An Argentinean journo is claiming Estudiantes officials have flown back from London after Juan Foyth talks stalled
Now South American journalist Federico Bueno has tweeted: "Veron is back from London without closing the sale of Foyth. Negotiations with Tottenham have come to an impasse."

Back