• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

Levy has said in the past he likes to do deals at the end of the window to save money.

Would not mind if we did not sign anyone. Or maybe de ligt from Ajax i like the look of him. Really would be so great if we were the one club that did not sign anyone, such a change and more mature way.

The types of signings are young with obvious potential.

Yes it as it plays into all the anti Levy media narrative from all those Alex Ferguson press briefings back in the day

I've defended Levy on many occasion, but his rep hasn't just come from what Fergie has said. The Lloris deal was prolonged a fair bit because of Levy changing the goalposts.

I've defended Levy on many occasion, but his rep hasn't just come from what Fergie has said. The Lloris deal was prolonged a fair bit because of Levy changing the goalposts.
Ferguson to his executive directors: Lads, it's Levy.

See it happening? Nope... Very good thing for us.

Where did you get this information from?

From Lyon's chairman probably. We contacted them early in the window about Lloris, but they weren't interested in selling. Later they came to us and wanted to sell him after all, so Levy offer them less than previously.

From Lyon's chairman probably. We contacted them early in the window about Lloris, but they weren't interested in selling. Later they came to us and wanted to sell him after all, so Levy offer them less than previously.

And was it by chance reported in a newspaper or on the web.......AND isnt that called negotiation?

But, not when Levy does it gets spinned to come out as "moving the goal posts" or the like. Frankly it's 'mostly' the media being lazy.

Last edited:
And was it by chance reported in a newspaper or on the web.......AND isnt that called negotiation?

But, no when Levy does it gets spinned to come out as "moving the goal posts" or the like. Frankly it's 'mostly' the media being lazy.

Unlike Aulas (who was no doubt doing a bit of face saving), Levy doesn't share every thought he has with the media.

Tim Vickery did think Paulinho would be a smash here though....

Every player is different and more so when they move away

Yep, fair point. With a lot of the south americans it's hit and miss when they've had no exposure to european leagues.

However, Tim Vickery is one of our own(I will post this on the famous spurs fans thread too), hence I think he has our best interests when he was talking about Foyth on Sunday

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Vickery

Yep, fair point. With a lot of the south americans it's hit and miss when they've had no exposure to european leagues.

However, Tim Vickery is one of our own(I will post this on the famous spurs fans thread too), hence I think he has our best interests when he was talking about Foyth on Sunday

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Vickery

He is a Spurs fan and I'm sure he wanted Paulinho to succeed as much as we all did

But, no when Levy does it gets spinned to come out as "moving the goal posts" or the like. Frankly it's 'mostly' the media being lazy.

Indeed, and its lapped up by the minority of fans who are always looking to moan about Levy.

This explanation makes the most sense to me. We have CCV.

I dont get all the faith in CCV, other than him being someone who has come through the academy so there would be that feel good factor if he succeeded, similar to Kane, Winks etc.

He's only played a handful of games however, if you take an impartial view on those performances rather than rose-tinted glasses which most fans would take, he's looked a bit slow and clumsy in those games. Would be great if he makes it, but I haven't seen much to suggest he will

I dont get all the faith in CCV, other than him being someone who has come through the academy so there would be that feel good factor if he succeeded, similar to Kane, Winks etc.

He's only played a handful of games however, if you take an impartial view on those performances rather than rose-tinted glasses which most fans would take, he's looked a bit slow and clumsy in those games. Would be great if he makes it, but I haven't seen much to suggest he will

STEVEN CAULKER MKII?

Could well be. Not that that should be a surprise - its one hell of a step up into top level football and doing the maths you'd only expect 1-2 from every year group to make it

I don't expect CCV to make it, but I think we're okay for CBs unless Wimmer leaves.

Tend to agree, that is the problem with home grown players we ( the fans) love to see these types of players push on and become regulars in the first team. Now of course we have had several do that over the last couple of years but i have seen many " home grown players" break into our side and gain a lot of support but for whatever reason they fail to progress and fall down the Lges.

Not saying this will happen with CCV but as fans we sometimes as you say look at " home grown players' with rose-tinted glasses. I wish i had a pound for every young player i have seen over the 50 odd years that was supposed to be the " next big thing" according to our fans.

What a seachange on here, youth players usually they are world beaters before anyone has seen them kick a ball, but now CCV is worse than Vega after a couple of games in a weaken side. I've stopped thinking other clubs have deluded fans and realized yours are as bad as the rest.

Haven't read all of this thread, but I'm really looking forward to this foythcoming transfer.

1. He's been several years ahead of the curve all along. Played NextGen u19 and u18 for us at 15/16. Regular u21 football for several years now and he's still only 19. Played for the US u23 team at 17. And looked good all along.

2. Pochettino seems to rate him. Based on his involvement so far this seems at least likely.

3. His performances so far. Yes compared to our more senior central defenders he's looked inferor. But his performances so far have come at 18 or just after turning 19. Very young for a centre back. And the players he's being compared to in our first team are very good. He hasn't looked out of place at all.

Absolutely no guarantees that he will make it. But I remain more excited about him than some unknown Argentinian we've only been linked to by the media. I feel confident that if CCV was playing in Argentina he would have seen quite a bit of first team football already.

Back